You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation VR
  3. No Man's Sky Beyond update is out!
Soon, just a few more hours to go!

See Sean, I can raise hopes and disappoint people too.
PSN/NNID/XBL (PSP,PS3,Vita,PS4,WiiU,3DSXL,360) 3.5" 4TB 7200 RPM 64MB cache HDD PS4Pro 2TB & PSVR.I'm no super hero,just a Oklahoma gamer.That flies

User Info: POOKISTAN

POOKISTAN
6 days ago#2
Let us know how it is once you play it a bit...

User Info: dizanimator

dizanimator
6 days ago#3
I'm downloading the update now, then I can start playing. I've never played this game before, so this should be interesting.

POOKISTAN
6 days ago#4
Bla?

User Info: Phoro

Phoro
6 days ago#5
I'm gonna give it a go tonight, can't wait!
You all betray me.
I fed up with this wurld.

User Info: BiggieY2Killer

BiggieY2Killer
6 days ago#6
Pretty awesome but I always liked NMS. Seeing the planets in VR is very different. Still hoping for a small resolution bump but looks pretty good. It's still a game of grind loops but they greatly improved structured mission play.
The virtual HOTAS flight controls are cool but very difficult. A little more tricky then Ultrawings virtual HOTAS. Immersive though. The various virtual controls for the different vehicles and all the modeled cockpits is very impressive.
Voice Actors:$7.86 Repairs on Giant Robot:$1,248,372,389.45 Smashing a giant metal enemy head over heels through six buildings:Priceless -Jace Alcon on R.A.D.

User Info: G-Ziss

G-Ziss
5 days ago#7
Anyone happen to know where I can buy a new copy of this game for cheap? I’m in the U.S.

POOKISTAN
5 days ago#8
G-Ziss posted...
Anyone happen to know where I can buy a new copy of this game for cheap? I’m in the U.S.

It's on sale for half off on the PSN Store...

User Info: Phoro

Phoro
5 days ago#9
The resolution is seriously an eye sore for sure. I couldn't even read the user agreement text when I booted up the game.
Still, the trade off seems to be a really impressive draw distance (compared to the foggy mess of, say, Skyrim VR), and overall I really like what they've accomplished here.

Otherwise, here are my small complaints (feel free to correct me if there are workarounds I missed):

- While using smooth turning, there's no way to turn off that annoying anti-nausea effect that makes the corners turn black

- There's no way to aim the multitool using the headset (think RE7). You have to tilt the Dualshock.

- You can't change control schemes in general. Honestly I just want to put Sprint on L3 because it feels natural to me. Related, I'd like to be able to look up and down with the right stick, but it's only used for turning

- Dialog boxes tend to get stuck in weird positions, sometimes making me unable to read them. Once, I thought the game had frozen after I entered a dialog box because I couldn't see it all and couldn't move either. Turns out it was just completely stuck in the geometry at this crazy angle, and I had to blindly make a selection because I couldn't read the damn thing

Again, if this is the worst of it, it's still a totally playable game, and there's simply nothing else out there that can compare to jumping in a spaceship on one planet and seamlessly flying to another in immersive VR. :-)
You all betray me.
I fed up with this wurld.

POOKISTAN
5 days ago#10
Please keep reporting on the negatives. Considering buying this, but I'm more interested in those, as I have a decent idea what to expect for the rest.

I heard multiplayer is crashing in VR - Is that common?
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation VR
  3. No Man's Sky Beyond update is out!