You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation VR
  3. Somebody tell me that Tetris Effect is not worth $30...

User Info: POOKISTAN

POOKISTAN
2 weeks ago#1
*Waits impatiently...*

User Info: Yomigaeru

Yomigaeru
2 weeks ago#2
From the little I've played, "it's Tetris" is my impression of it. The VR component didn't really do much for me, because you're ultimately focused on the area that contains your pieces at all times. There's some pretty good music, but the visual spectacle was a bit lost on me (again, I was focused on clearing lines).

If you like Tetris, it's probably worth it due to the additions that the game adds to the Tetris experience. As a VR game, however, I'd say your $30 is better spent elsewhere. That said, I never bought the game.

User Info: dizanimator

dizanimator
1 week ago#3
Isn't this a demo weekend? Why not try it and decide if you are willing to pay $30 for Tetris?

User Info: BiggieY2Killer

BiggieY2Killer
1 week ago#4
Yomigaeru posted...
From the little I've played, "it's Tetris" is my impression of it. The VR component didn't really do much for me, because you're ultimately focused on the area that contains your pieces at all times. There's some pretty good music, but the visual spectacle was a bit lost on me (again, I was focused on clearing lines).

If you like Tetris, it's probably worth it due to the additions that the game adds to the Tetris experience. As a VR game, however, I'd say your $30 is better spent elsewhere. That said, I never bought the game.

Same. I'm just so hooked on everything VR I got to work the backlog and wait for sales or I'd be spending a fortune. Plus Vacation Simulator, Blood and Truth, and a few others greats could drop whenever so I got save for those as possible day 1. I can wait for Tetris Effect.
The DMC5 demo was extremely enticing so I'm really fighting the urge there. First standard game since I got PSVR that really drew me in.
Voice Actors:$7.86 Repairs on Giant Robot:$1,248,372,389.45 Smashing a giant metal enemy head over heels through six buildings:Priceless -Jace Alcon on R.A.D.

User Info: ioki

ioki
1 week ago#5
It’s not. Cool but still Tetris. From my games thumper and beat saber are better games for your money that are similiar

User Info: BarneyBosco

BarneyBosco
1 week ago#6
I feel bad for anyone who would spend $30 on Tetris.
http://celebmafia.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Ana-Ivanovic-5.jpg
PSN J_Frost77 search my PSN to join the Divinity Original Sin Community

User Info: Hunter_mk

Hunter_mk
1 week ago#7
people been hyping it on reddit like it was the second coming of jesus, to me, yes, the game is amazing to look at in VR, and I love how each stage is themed, but is not something I would pay 30 for, is just tetris with a lot of fancy stuff added
"No one reads signatures, but posts look wrong without them"

User Info: cougre

cougre
1 week ago#8
You'll be able to pick it up for a lot cheaper the longer you wait. If you've got 30 bucks burning a hole in your pocket, go for it. Just be prepared to kick yourself as you see it go on sale for less and less.
To get the right word in the right place is a rare achievement. - Mark Twain, 1868
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation VR
  3. Somebody tell me that Tetris Effect is not worth $30...