You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation VR
  3. It really sucks that Ace Combat VR is hidden behind a $60 paywall...

User Info: POOKISTAN

POOKISTAN
4 weeks ago#1
There's really no other way to put it - We're paying for the rest of the game in order to get access to the VR mode, which is a small corner of the game compared to the rest of the product. Add in the fact that in order to truly play it as intended in VR, you have to drop money on a flight stick as well, and that's a pretty s*** deal if you're buying it for VR.

And let's be honest: If you play something in VR, the '2D version' almost always comes off as a waste of time, so playing it. That's why it's so s*** that in Moto Racer 4 you have to play the '2D version' in order to unlock additional tracks. It's also why there's probably people reading this that have never seen what Wipeout Omega Collection looks like outside of the VR mode, why I'm probably not the only one who's basically never played Jack's Birthday or Ethan Must Die (neither could be played in VR mode for some reason) in Resident Evil VII, despite playing the s*** out of everything else, and why choosing between a 'real race' and the VR mode in a game like Gran Turismo was so s***, especially when that was yet another lackluster VR mode hidden behind the pricetag of a full AAA game in that one too.

:/

Just kinda' salty it turned out this way - I was really looking forward to this game 'til the perfect storm of the VR mode getting downgraded and it being fullpriced disinsentivised me from buying it (although I have no doubt it's fun, it's grossly overpriced for what you get, especially if you're getting it pretty much exclusively for the VR portion).

Can we also give a very hardy 'WTF' and middle-finger to the PS Store since there's a f***in' playable demo in the Japanese store that has English subtitles but for some f***ed reason they didn't bother putting it on either the US or European stores?

-_-

We shouldn't have to make a Japanese account to get access to something like that...
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: BiggieY2Killer

BiggieY2Killer
4 weeks ago#2
Really sucks JPN has an Ace Combat 7 VR demo and we don't.
Voice Actors:$7.86 Repairs on Giant Robot:$1,248,372,389.45 Smashing a giant metal enemy head over heels through six buildings:Priceless -Jace Alcon on R.A.D.

User Info: Yomigaeru

Yomigaeru
4 weeks ago#3
To be honest, the game fell off my radar once it was known that the entire game wasn't playable in VR. It's unfortunate about the Japan-only demo, but I made a Japanese PSN account years ago specifically for such an occasion.

User Info: TheDarkNerd

TheDarkNerd
4 weeks ago#4
BiggieY2Killer posted...
Really sucks JPN has an Ace Combat 7 VR demo and we don't.

While it does suck, at least it's not difficult to download free content from the Japanese PSN. I've currently got the AC7 VR demo sitting on my dashboard, waiting for a good opportunity to dive in.
http://i.imgur.com/WKp3kfx.gif

User Info: ssjmole

ssjmole
4 weeks ago#5
Wait can you do vr without a flight stick?
Not changing signature until Stephanie McMahon wins the raw women's title.
http://www.wwe.com/superstars/stephanie-mcmahon

User Info: POOKISTAN

POOKISTAN
4 weeks ago#6
ssjmole posted...

I would assume so...

User Info: ssjmole

ssjmole
4 weeks ago#7
POOKISTAN posted...
ssjmole posted...

I would assume so...

Ah good I misread your post as it was required as i want this for it's vr do waiting for price drop as the other 90% of the game doesn't interest me. Sorry misunderstanding
Not changing signature until Stephanie McMahon wins the raw women's title.
http://www.wwe.com/superstars/stephanie-mcmahon
(edited 4 weeks ago)
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation VR
  3. It really sucks that Ace Combat VR is hidden behind a $60 paywall...