You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation VR
  3. Does your VR headset 'get gross' after awhile?

User Info: POOKISTAN

POOKISTAN
1 week ago#1
I've heard from others in the gaming community that VR headsets eventually 'get gross'?

I usually only mine about two days a week, and I can't say I never sweat using it, but it's a rarity. But, uhhh - I don't do much but wipe the lenses off and I guess I don't understand what people are talking about.

Can anyone else who uses their headset regularly comment on this? If you recognize 'grossness', what exactly about it 'becomes gross'?
(edited 1 week ago)
I'm the only one that has used my v1 and v2. I typically play at least twice a week. Neither of my headsets (v1 hasn't left its case since I got my v2) have gotten gross or dingy from skin or hair oils but I wear a thin bandanna while I play and that keeps the psvr clean.
PSN/NNID/XBL (PSP,PS3,Vita,PS4,WiiU,3DSXL,360) 3.5" 3TB Sata 3 7200 RPM 64MB cache HDD PS4Pro & PSVR.I'm no super hero,just a Oklahoma gamer.That flies

User Info: Yomigaeru

Yomigaeru
1 week ago#3
Haven't experienced any of the "grossness", but I haven't used my headset regularly since mid-March. Nowadays, I only boot it up once a week or so to watch MMD videos on Youtube or look for new VR demos on PSN.

User Info: Mushroom87

Mushroom87
1 week ago#4
Dont wipe the lenses, theirs a protective film on them.

Im a smoker so sadly theirs a discolored spot on the headband around the release button.

POOKISTAN
1 week ago#5
Mushroom87 posted...
Dont wipe the lenses, theirs a protective film on them.

Im a smoker so sadly theirs a discolored spot on the headband around the release button.

Well then what are you supposed to do to clean the lenses? I use a microfiber cloth...

User Info: cougre

cougre
1 week ago#6
I have an original V1 that I've been using since launch. I do most of my gaming (VR and non-VR) through my headset, so that's just about every day.

I wash my face before I use it so the head piece has stayed clean. About once a week I'll wipe the lenses clean using a glasses cleanser. It has held up really well and still looks and works like it was brand new.
To get the right word in the right place is a rare achievement. - Mark Twain, 1868

User Info: BiggieY2Killer

BiggieY2Killer
1 week ago#7
Mine isn't gross but I don't sweat much. I've used it ALOT over the last 2 years. My kids and grand kids have all used it ALOT. It's been bashed in to furniture a few times even hard enough to crack and puncture the visor but still works perfect.
I wipe down the padding with a clean dry micro fiber weekly or if it is sweaty. I USED to clean the lens every use with a lens pen or micro fiber but but it began to damage the lens. Now I leave the visor one click out so my eyelashes don't touch the lens and clean the lens closer to once a week.
Also, I keep it in the original packing when not in use to prevent damage from dust and sunlight.
Voice Actors:$7.86 Repairs on Giant Robot:$1,248,372,389.45 Smashing a giant metal enemy head over heels through six buildings:Priceless -Jace Alcon on R.A.D.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: BiggieY2Killer

BiggieY2Killer
1 week ago#8
cougre posted...
I have an original V1 that I've been using since launch. I do most of my gaming (VR and non-VR) through my headset, so that's just about every day.

I wash my face before I use it so the head piece has stayed clean. About once a week I'll wipe the lenses clean using a glasses cleanser. It has held up really well and still looks and works like it was brand new.

The lens are coated so you really shouldn't use glass cleaner but to each his own. I shouldn't talk since I've damage my coating and wasn't even using a cleaning fluid. Just excessive cleaning caused deviation in the coating.
Voice Actors:$7.86 Repairs on Giant Robot:$1,248,372,389.45 Smashing a giant metal enemy head over heels through six buildings:Priceless -Jace Alcon on R.A.D.

POOKISTAN
1 week ago#9
Sooo, is this just something one guy said and everyone just accepted as a thing?
cougre posted...
....I do most of my gaming (VR and non-VR) through my headset, so that's just about every day....

You use it for your non vr games? Are you using the small, medium or large setting? (If mededium or large) what do you do about the image drift?
PSN/NNID/XBL (PSP,PS3,Vita,PS4,WiiU,3DSXL,360) 3.5" 3TB Sata 3 7200 RPM 64MB cache HDD PS4Pro & PSVR.I'm no super hero,just a Oklahoma gamer.That flies
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation VR
  3. Does your VR headset 'get gross' after awhile?