Tilted screen problem

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation VR
  3. Tilted screen problem

User Info: PHATJER

PHATJER
3 months ago#1
Since yesterday I've been having some problems with my PSVR. Whenever I play a game, the screen is tilted about 10° to the left. Holding options does not fix it.

I've tried several options that I've come accross online: Changing the size of the screen from Med to Small then back to Med, Putting the PS Camera and the Headset upside down for several minutes, shaking the camera, restarting my PS4, unplugging and replugging it. Nothing seems to fix it.

My only 2 options left are contacting Sony (I bought this from a guy about 6 months ago so I don't have the receipt and I think the warranty is over) or factory resetting my console and reinstalling the software (which seema like such a hassle).

Anybody had this happen to them and fixed it?
PSN: Ao_Iconoclast
Xbox Live Gamertag: PHATJER

User Info: Mushroom87

Mushroom87
3 months ago#2
Drift is normal and Sony doesn't care or even acknowledge it. Not being able to reset drift is another story though, call sony

User Info: BiggieY2Killer

BiggieY2Killer
3 months ago#3
Are you just talking about cinema mode? Changing screen size does nothing to VR output so I'm confused. You have a tilt in VR?
Anyway try:
rebuild database.
Make sure camera is true level.
Do the headset tracking lights calibration.
Let headset sit flat when booting ps4 and games.
Turn PS4 OFF between uses instead of rest mode.
Don't shake them.
Voice Actors:$7.86 Repairs on Giant Robot:$1,248,372,389.45 Smashing a giant metal enemy head over heels through six buildings:Priceless -Jace Alcon on R.A.D.

PHATJER
3 months ago#4
BiggieY2Killer posted...
Are you just talking about cinema mode? Changing screen size does nothing to VR output so I'm confused. You have a tilt in VR?
Anyway try:
rebuild database.
Make sure camera is true level.
Do the headset tracking lights calibration.
Let headset sit flat when booting ps4 and games.
Turn PS4 OFF between uses instead of rest mode.
Don't shake them.

- It's a tilt during VR mode, not Cinema mode.
- The camera is set at a true level
- I performed the headset tracking several times
- I always turn off my PS4 after use (rarely use rest mode)
- Headset is always flat on my table before use.

Only thing left to try is rebuilding the database. Will give that a try.

PHATJER
3 months ago#5
Wow...

Rebuilding the database actually made it worse. Now it's always tilted (in VR mode and Cinema Mode) and the tilt is worse.

Guess I'll have to contact Sony... FML.

BiggieY2Killer
3 months ago#6
Reflections, even off clothing can cause issues. Long hair covering the tracking lights, or headphones?
Might watch Frank's tracking for headset guide.
Voice Actors:$7.86 Repairs on Giant Robot:$1,248,372,389.45 Smashing a giant metal enemy head over heels through six buildings:Priceless -Jace Alcon on R.A.D.

PHATJER
3 months ago#7
Called Sony. Was told to factory reset my PS4. If that didn't work I would have to send it in.

It works.

It's a hassle to redownload everything but at least it works.

BiggieY2Killer
3 months ago#8
Did you try 'setting > initialization > restore default settings' before the factory reset?
Glad you got it sorted.

User Info: D-Qwon

D-Qwon
3 months ago#9
Wow! I've always had a slight tilt, but nothing too noticeable. I'm not about to factory reset my system just to try and fix it.
Get your groove on!

PHATJER
3 months ago#10
BiggieY2Killer posted...
Did you try 'setting > initialization > restore default settings' before the factory reset?
Glad you got it sorted.

Yeah I did. Didn't work.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation VR
  3. Tilted screen problem

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived