• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Actual Poll of the Day Board
  3. #7725 - How optimistic are you for the future of video games?

User Info: ForsakenHermit

ForsakenHermit
4 weeks ago#11
Somewhat

There's still come good stuff out there but it seems to be few and far between.
Beware the fanatic! Too often his cure is deadlier by far than the evil he denounces!-Stan Lee RIP
Make Arcades Great Again!

User Info: BBQ_Soda

BBQ_Soda
4 weeks ago#12
"Not very, games keep getting worse and less interesting to me."

Like my answer in the earlier poll, the lack of new ideas and variety is detrimental to the industry. Every game you hear about these days is a sequel, remake, spin-off, or copycat, especially when it comes to those established "AAA" developers.
Games look prettier and prettier every year (with higher and higher hardware requirements on PC - read: terrible optimization), but play hollower and hollower.
"Quantity over quality, style over substance" is the current trend in the gaming industry. Greedy DLC practices certainly aren't helping, either.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: DeliFlatChest

DeliFlatChest
4 weeks ago#13
The poll options suck, I would've said not very because the microtransactions and lootboxes are only going to get worse before they get better(if they would), and AAA gaming is like the worst part of the industry.

Instead of that I said not at all because modern games still interest me.
&&&&
"""""""""""""""""""""""

User Info: TI_Four

TI_Four
4 weeks ago#14
I did not answer because none of the options really fit how I felt. I do no think we hit any sort of peak with gaming because games always shift onto new platforms. Also, I do not thing there is always a great gaming coming soon and I do not agree that games keep getting better and exciting. Gaming just is gaming and it is something to do, like sports, that will not really leave our world.
I work in advertising. A video game is a product. A product's target audience will be customers who are predicted to spend the most money on the product.

User Info: Solarys

Solarys
4 weeks ago#15
Sadly, I had to go with "Not very, games keep getting worse and less interesting to me."

There are simply too many recycled ideas and contents these days, and this trend doesn't look like it's going to stop anytime soon, or ever. While there still is the occasional gem, chances are you'll never hear about it, because it'll get buried under all the AAA marketing, and shovelware when it comes to Steam.

And there's also this $60 game + $80 DLC bulls***, not to mention pay-to-win and loot-boxes in multiplayer games...
"Teamwork is essential, it gives them other people to shoot at."
MSI Z170A-S02 || Xeon E-2126G 4.1~4.5 GHz || 16 GB DDR4 2666 MHz || Radeon RX 480

User Info: LusterSoldier

LusterSoldier
4 weeks ago#16
Voted for "Very, it seems like there's always another great game coming soon".
Luster Soldier --- ~Shield Bearer~ | ~Data Analyst~
Popular at school, but not as cool as Advokaiser, Guru Champ!

User Info: DJStrong

DJStrong
4 weeks ago#17
The video game market is moving away from me and that is ok, things change. So while I marvel at the advances in technology and hope people derive joy from them, things just seem to get more and more narrow for me.
"Seek first to understand, then to be understood"

User Info: Pako Pako

Pako Pako
1 week ago#18
The future is very exciting, as always.

Virtual Reality is the next frontier and there are plenty of great nostalgic mediums (2D, 3D) that have been proven as well. Motion controls, touch-screens, control pads... a mix of all the above!
-=PakoPako=- (Proud member of board 917023!)
"This was brought to you by FRUNGY, the Sport of Kings!"
  1. Boards
  2. Actual Poll of the Day Board
  3. #7725 - How optimistic are you for the future of video games?
  • Post New Message