• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Actual Poll of the Day Board
  3. #7724 - If you were skilled enough, would you want to play video games...

User Info: ironyisntdead

ironyisntdead
3 weeks ago#11
Not really, I'd rather just play games for fun than try to make a career out of it.
You havent set a signature for the message boards yet

User Info: coreekymon

coreekymon
3 weeks ago#12
I went with "probably" but I believe eSports has far more to do with dedication than natural born skill, which makes this question a little weird. That "probably" is only with the stipulation that I was magically somehow just good enough to play professionally without having to put in additional effort.

Technically I believe I am "skilled" enough to be a professional gamer, but only in the sense that if I invested thousands of hours into a single game then eventually I would be good enough to compete. In that sense I would never want to be a professional gamer.
If you wanted to watch me play games for some reason:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCg3ZPyrv_ouLSN_S18rrrcQ

User Info: Solarys

Solarys
3 weeks ago#13
Voted for "No, I don't even like playing games against other people."

I play games solely to relax and have fun these days, not to get riled up and further tire myself out, so I avoid multiplayer games in general, let alone competitive ones.
"Teamwork is essential, it gives them other people to shoot at."
MSI Z170A-S02 || Xeon E-2126G 4.1~4.5 GHz || 16 GB DDR4 2666 MHz || Radeon RX 480

User Info: Miasma

Miasma
3 weeks ago#14
Wouldn’t want my hobby to be my job.

User Info: Arishok

Arishok
3 weeks ago#15
Sure.
When the shadows are devoured by even darker shadows, the curtain pulls back and reveals, a world without light!

User Info: xF0x

xF0x
3 weeks ago#16
Miasma posted...

I would, but not like this. E-sports is a bit extreme but I could see myself reviewing games professionally, which still does mean it would remove a huge chunk of fun out of playing games if it's for reviews since most of the time it has to be done quick and efficiently, mainly for research, and often with games that I'd normally not be interested in. But I'd be totally okay with that, unlike competitive play.
Everything will be fire.

User Info: Solarys

Solarys
3 weeks ago#17
xF0x posted...
Miasma posted...

I would, but not like this. E-sports is a bit extreme but I could see myself reviewing games professionally, which still does mean it would remove a huge chunk of fun out of playing games if it's for reviews since most of the time it has to be done quick and efficiently, mainly for research, and often with games that I'd normally not be interested in. But I'd be totally okay with that, unlike competitive play.

Yeah, same here. The main difference is that you acquire transferrable skills through journalism, but not through competitive gaming.
"Teamwork is essential, it gives them other people to shoot at."
MSI Z170A-S02 || Xeon E-2126G 4.1~4.5 GHz || 16 GB DDR4 2666 MHz || Radeon RX 480

User Info: CZ_Zidane

CZ_Zidane
3 weeks ago#18
desuno-to posted...

Plus playing all day because you "have to" is going to make you eventually hate it.

Going to frecking work because you "have to" is going to make you eventually hate it.
So why not to have your hobby as your job?
Maybe you will eventually start to hate your former hobby... maybe.
And maybe not. Who knows...
The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese from the trap.

User Info: BBQ_Soda

BBQ_Soda
3 weeks ago#19
No. I don't like multiplayer games in the first place, especially the competitive kind.

User Info: LusterSoldier

LusterSoldier
3 weeks ago#20
Voted for "Not really, I'd rather just play games for fun than try to make a career out of it".
Luster Soldier --- ~Shield Bearer~ | ~Data Analyst~
Popular at school, but not as cool as Advokaiser, Guru Champ!
  1. Boards
  2. Actual Poll of the Day Board
  3. #7724 - If you were skilled enough, would you want to play video games...
  • Post New Message