• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Actual Poll of the Day Board
  3. #7717 - Do you think you'll ever be too old to play video games?

User Info: OlorinTheOtaku

OlorinTheOtaku
1 month ago#11
If I ever do stop, it'll simply be because of getting more involved into other hobbies. Age is completely irrelevant.

As it is, I'm currently playing far less video games then I used to, but that's only because of getting into other hobbies and interests, like Tabletop RPG's and reading. That doesn't mean I don't like video games anymore, it's simply just a side effect of me not having an infinite amount of free time.

I highly doubt I'll ever grow bored of gaming. I've always liked pretty much every genre of video game, and as awesome as D&D and reading is, those activities simply don't cater to the exact same things and experiences that video games do.
Just because something is fictional, doesn't mean its not real.
-Find me on Twitter and Reddit @OlorinTheOtaku

User Info: Mozzezz

Mozzezz
1 month ago#12
Probably not, but the kind of games I play probably will change over time.

I'm kind of living this category already.

I think to an extent it has to do with the fact that I'm 35, so I'm on the verge of aging out of the 18-35 group.

I definitely value multiplayer games much more then I did when I was younger, but part of that has to do with the expansion of the Internet and not simply age, but some of it has to do with age as well.

I've also to a degree changed the kind of single player games I play. Like for example I much rather play a game like Crisis Core then FFVII, or Hyrule Warriors then a mainline Zelda. You may have to look at the details to see the difference, but this does represent somewhat of a big shift for me.

I don't think I'll ever completely grow out of games though.

edit: Or well 18-34 I've already aged out of.
"Lower your guard and you will allow the enemy in." - Frog from Chrono Trigger (the original alt frog).
https://imgur.com/hSc6hOs
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: cougre

cougre
1 month ago#13
My gaming likes and dislikes have shifted over the years but they'll be burying me with my DS controller.
To get the right word in the right place is a rare achievement. - Mark Twain, 1868

User Info: coreekymon

coreekymon
1 month ago#14
Never and I've been playing the same franchises for 20 years so probably not going to be playing much different games either aside from changes in the technology.
If you wanted to watch me play games for some reason:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCg3ZPyrv_ouLSN_S18rrrcQ

User Info: HMandACFan

HMandACFan
1 month ago#15
KJ StErOiDs posted...
I voted "Maybe, but not anytime soon, it's a long ways away for me".

Same. I'm 30, which some people might call "too old", but I'm living my life and enjoying it, so mind your own business. I'm probably happier than you, so who's laughing now?

I can't imagine I'll play video games when I'm 80, but who knows? People that age now didn't grow up with video games. Maybe it'll be more normal in 50 years.
HS NA/Diablo III EU IGN: MeltedWater#1790, LoL NA IGN: MeltedWater
Discord: MeltedWater#9972

User Info: BDE1982

BDE1982
1 month ago#16
I'll be playing video games until I die.

User Info: Miasma

Miasma
1 month ago#17
Mentally - no
Physically - maybe

User Info: mooreandrew58

mooreandrew58
1 month ago#18
Maybe might get to a age where my eyesight is too bad or my hands bother me too much to play any decent length of time.
Cid- "looks like that overgrown lobster just got served!" Bartz-"with cheese biscuts AND mashed potatoes!"

User Info: Forest_Temple

Forest_Temple
1 month ago#19
Im already too old. I quit last week.

User Info: nuggetg

nuggetg
1 month ago#20
My mom is 78 she plays her Xbox one every day.
  1. Boards
  2. Actual Poll of the Day Board
  3. #7717 - Do you think you'll ever be too old to play video games?
  • Post New Message