• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Actual Poll of the Day Board
  3. #7717 - Do you think you'll ever be too old to play video games?

User Info: ironyisntdead

ironyisntdead
1 week ago#1
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/poll/7717-do-you-think-youll-ever-be-too-old-to-play-video-games

Probably not, but the kind of games I play probably will change over time.
You havent set a signature for the message boards yet

User Info: KJ StErOiDs

KJ StErOiDs
1 week ago#2
I voted "Maybe, but not anytime soon, it's a long ways away for me".
A plethora of DKC-related fanart to numb your mind:
http://kjsteroids.deviantart.com

User Info: dancer62

dancer62
1 week ago#3
I'm already older than most folks on Gfaqs, and my gaming hasn't changed that much. As a kid in the 1950s, my favorites were the mechanical scrolling arcade driving games, my favorites are still driving/racing games. I enjoy other games, too, mainly hunter-games and flight/spaceflight sims. I'm 73, and pretty sure I'll still be playing electronic games 20 years from now.
If ballet was easy, it would be pointe-less

User Info: xF0x

xF0x
1 week ago#4
I'm kind of over games already and rarely play anything nowadays but I doubt it has anything to do with age. I just gradually became more invested in other hobbies, some of which I still had even as a kid. I'd probably disappoint my young self who thought I'd always be an active gamer, or at least not quit as early as I did.
Everything will be fire.

User Info: CZ_Zidane

CZ_Zidane
1 week ago#5
Too old to play video games? Heh, I would play even if I would be thousand years old :-)
The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese from the trap.

User Info: DJStrong

DJStrong
1 week ago#6
When I was younger I assumed I would grow out of them, like action figures. Now I play more video games than any other point in my life. The biggest shift for me over the past 10 years has been a decrease in single player gaming, about 90% of my gaming is multiplayer and I suspect that trend to continue as I age.
"Seek first to understand, then to be understood"

User Info: Solarys

Solarys
1 week ago#7
Voted for "Probably not, but the kind of games I play probably will change over time."

In fact, the games I now play are already very different from those I did when I was a teenager. I used to play a lot of FPS and RTS games that required good reflex, but now that I'm older and have lost my edge, I find those games more exhausting than fun, and I've shied away from competitive games in general.

Also, back then, I never had the patience to finish an RPG (with the only exception being Pokémon Gen 3, which I pushed through to complete the Dex with sheer willpower - and Mom kind of forced me to, since she always told me to finish whatever I started). Now, I enjoy RPGs and story-heavy games, and I've become somewhat of a completionist.
"Teamwork is essential, it gives them other people to shoot at."
MSI Z170A-S02 || Xeon E-2126G 4.1~4.5 GHz || 16 GB DDR4 2666 MHz || Radeon RX 480

User Info: KLOUDrocks

KLOUDrocks
1 week ago#8
"Never, I'll still play the same games no matter how old I manage to get"

While it's possible gaming may not always be a part of my life, I find it highly unlikely. People that like watching baseball like watching it their whole life. People that enjoy movies will do so until the day they pass. Why would games be any different?

Now, if I end up with bad arthritis in my hands or something that makes it painful/impossible to play, then that would obviously change my answer. But, assuming I stay relatively healthy into my later years, I imagine I'll continue to play video games. Heck, even my grandmother plays games (albeit mobile games) and she'll be 90 this December.

User Info: Xeowulf

Xeowulf
1 week ago#9
Not unless I physically can't do it anymore.
"You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." - Obi-Wan about the GameFAQs boards

User Info: TI_Four

TI_Four
1 week ago#10
Age has nothing to with wanting to play games or not. As a child, the most avid SNES RPG player I knew at the time was my 60-something year-old grandma. She had a lot of time on her hands and spent a lot of it playing 7th Saga, Final Fantasy, or Brandish in her room.

I am 35 and I still feel the need to play games. My gaming has slowed down considerably compared to my younger years, but the slow down and my age are just coincidence. My game playing has slowed down because I have more freedom and people in my life to do other things that I want to do. In my earlier days I was either at the mercy of my parent's tyranny or bound to cheap activities because of financial ability.
I work in advertising. A video game is a product. A product's target audience will be customers who are predicted to spend the most money on the product.
  1. Boards
  2. Actual Poll of the Day Board
  3. #7717 - Do you think you'll ever be too old to play video games?
  • Post New Message