1 month ago #38
XenoManx posted...
Since nobody else has said it yet, I would like to add fast loading.

In the old days I would put a new cartridge in my NES, turn on the power and 10 seconds later I'd be squashing bad guys or talking to nondescript NPCs

True. OTOH, I remember typing "load,1,1" and waiting for the cassette tape to grind on the Atari 400 or C64. Also spending hours typing in magazine games in BASIC.

The first word my son could spell other than his name was "run". "Mom, the tape stopped", "Okay, type 'run' R U N"

I thought getting a disk drive was the greatest thing, how would I ever fill 170K?

I also remember spending hours configuring DOS partitions, virtual memory, and fighting with sound card parameters to get a game to run.

Games are better than ever.
If ballet was easy, it would be pointe-less

Previous Versions
1 month ago
XenoManx posted...
Since nobody else has said it yet, I would like to add fast loading.

In the old days I would put a new cartridge in my NES, turn on the power and 10 seconds later I'd be squashing bad guys or talking to nondescript NPCs

True. OTOH, I remember typing "load,1,1" and waiting for the cassette tape to grind on the Atari 400 or C64. Also spending hours typing in magazine games in BASIC..

The first word my son could spell other than his name was "run". "Mom, the tape stopped", "Okay, type 'run' R U N"