2 months ago #35
I voted for "No boring tutorials, just read the manual or jump in and start playing." This extends to handholding and forced "easy mode" in general, because I want to learn and get better at the game by myself, instead of being told what to do or given unnecessary help every step along the way. Some games like Nier Automata go so far as to have an option for the game to literally play itself. Simply put, I hate being treated like a baby, or an idiot, by the game developers.

I was going to go with "no pay-to-win microtransactions or on-disc DLC," but I don't agree with the first part at all. Sure, most console games of the physical-media days were standalone, but Pokémon games were (and still are) a typical counterexample, especially on handhelds: you can't truly complete them without buying two or more versions of each game, plus one or more spinoffs on another console where applicable. I'd take DLC maps and characters over this bulls*** any day of the week. Also, many PC games had multiple expansion packs, which were basically DLCs in a physical form, and some of them actually added very little for the price.

The best way to deal with pay-to-win is to simply avoid those games, since an unbalanced game isn't a good game in the first place. As for on-disc DLC (i.e., content cut and sold back), that's just greediness at its worst - a disgusting practice that shouldn't even be legal.
"Teamwork is essential, it gives them other people to shoot at."
MSI Z170A-S02 || Xeon E-2126G 4.1~4.5 GHz || 16 GB DDR4 2666 MHz || Radeon RX 480