• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Actual Poll of the Day Board
  3. #7660 - What's the longest you've ever owned a game without actually playing it?

User Info: Revelation34

Revelation34
2 months ago#31
Solarys posted...

Does Denuvo have problems with server platforms in general, or was that just an isolated case with my particular system?

I'd lean toward the latter, because the game could run if I move the graphics card and sound card to different PCI-E slots, albeit very slowly since the graphics card was then limited to PCI-E 2.0 x1. It seemed like there was some sort of resource conflict, but it was the only game I have that showed this symptom.

The only logical explanation I could think of is the game (or Denuvo) injects some sort of virtual hardware or driver into the system, which causes an IRQ conflict with either the graphics or sound card. But I couldn't find similar problems on Steam forums or Google, although there was a myriad of other issues people were having...
"Teamwork is essential, it gives them other people to shoot at."

It just causes other issues. Even a Street Fighter dev stated Denuvo was the reason the game had problems.

BBQ_Soda posted...
Probably around 12 months, not counting any bundled or free games that I never wanted to play.
Sometimes I buy a game on sale and forget about it until I'm out of games to play. Also I prefer to finish one game (RPG) before starting another, instead of playing multiple games in parallel and get confused about my plans and progress in each.

Yeah I try to do the same. For RPGs in particular they all just take way too long to finish.

hergman posted...
on another subject, i also profiteer from the free games promotions on GOG but unfortunately, those are often games ive no intention of playing like FPS or point-and-click.

That's the only reason I even have an Epic account. Funny thing about it is I managed to get two separate games on Steam the day after they went for free on Epic also for free.
Gamertag: Kegfarms, BF code: 2033480226, Treasure Cruise code 318,374,355, Steam: Kegfarms
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: Solarys

Solarys
2 months ago#32
BBQ_Soda posted...
If you were using a modified BIOS or driver for your graphics card like you said in the other thread, then there's your problem.

Probably, but it doesn't explain why the game could run without freezing when the graphics card was in the "wrong" slot. It was still using the same BIOS and driver, and the only difference on the OS level was in resource allocation.

I guess I can try it with the modded BIOS on my new system, and see if that brings back the freezing problem. If not, then I can only assume that either Denuvo or the game engine doesn't like that particular server platform - well, gaming is the last thing it was designed for, anyway.
"Teamwork is essential, it gives them other people to shoot at."
MSI Z170A-S02 || Xeon E-2126G 4.1~4.5 GHz || 16 GB DDR4 2666 MHz || Radeon RX 480

User Info: nesplayer

nesplayer
2 months ago#33
A
RIP Off-topic Flair May 17, 2017-May 18, 2017
ModestJ 5/20/2018 3:43:14 PM#98 Safe to turn this game off now. Back to Bar Rescue.

User Info: Jostin1

Jostin1
2 months ago#34
It was never more than a couple days until a few months ago when I got MGSV: GZ and still have yet to play it. I was trying to marathon through every mainline MG game (and then some) but got some burnout after PW.
Future game purchases: Various Final Fantasy games.
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: hergman

hergman
2 months ago#35
Revelation34 posted...
That's because Berseria has Denuvo.

who is denuvo?
one of the characters?
Giovanni : hahaha
Im the caid of my shoes and i control every toe-nail in it.
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: BBQ_Soda

BBQ_Soda
2 months ago#36
hergman posted...
Revelation34 posted...
That's because Berseria has Denuvo.

who is denuvo?
one of the characters?

It's probably the worst DRM (anti-piracy) software used in recent games.
It ironically encourages or even necessitates piracy, because some Denuvo-infested games simply won't run properly, or at all, on some systems. It could be any or no reason.

User Info: LoneCourier2281

LoneCourier2281
2 months ago#37
I still have games I haven’t played.
New York Yankees, Memphis Grizzlies, Oakland Raiders, Arkansas Travelers, Memphis Redbirds, Boise State Broncos, Winnipeg Blue Bombers. RIP Memphis Express

User Info: LusterSoldier

LusterSoldier
1 month ago#38
Voted for "More than a year, thanks to sales and free monthly titles".

But not because of sales or free monthly titles.
Luster Soldier --- ~Shield Bearer~ | ~Data Analyst~
Popular at school, but not as cool as Advokaiser, Guru Champ!
  1. Boards
  2. Actual Poll of the Day Board
  3. #7660 - What's the longest you've ever owned a game without actually playing it?
  • Post New Message