You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Actual Poll of the Day Board
  3. #7569 - Have you ever been banned from an online gaming service or server?

User Info: CZ_Zidane

CZ_Zidane
4 weeks ago#1
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/poll/7569-have-you-ever-been-banned-from-an-online-gaming-service-or

My first and last online gaming experience was with Ragnarok Online, so "I've never played online enough to even notice if I'd gotten banned". Being a lone wolf... you know :-)
The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese from the trap.

User Info: Sashanan

Sashanan
4 weeks ago#2
Only ban I remember offhand was an IRC channel, not a gaming service. Worst thing that ever happened to me on one of those was a warning from a moderator for language (completely justified).
A gentleman will walk, but never run

User Info: Xeowulf

Xeowulf
4 weeks ago#3
I play online games now and then, so I maybe should've voted the last option, but I voted I've never been banned.
"You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." - Obi-Wan about the GameFAQs boards

User Info: KLOUDrocks

KLOUDrocks
4 weeks ago#4
"No, I've never done anything bad enough to be banned"

I've never cheated in online games and I'm usually more of the supportive type than the argumentative sort, so I've never had reason to get warned, never mind banned. The closest thing I can think of is actually a warning I received here on GameFAQs. I mentioned a certain scene involving Aerith in FFVII and it got flagged for spoilers even though 15 (or so) years had passed since the game had come out. I've been sure to mark any plot points as spoilers since just in case.

User Info: KJ StErOiDs

KJ StErOiDs
4 weeks ago#5
I voted "Yes, I've been kicked off of individual private servers".

I used some colorful language on a Team Fortress 2 server one time that earned me a 48-hour ban. Funny thing is that it was PG-13 language in an M-rated game.

CZ_Zidane posted...
My first and last online gaming experience was with Ragnarok Online, so "I've never played online enough to even notice if I'd gotten banned". Being a lone wolf... you know :-)

I loved Ragnarok Online!
A plethora of DKC-related fanart to numb your mind:
http://kjsteroids.deviantart.com

User Info: MikeRiley

MikeRiley
4 weeks ago#6
Yes, I've been temporarily banned from an entire game

My Ragnarok Online account was broken into. The GMs permanent banned the account while it was investigated. I got it back a little over a month later. Not quite what the poll was about, but it was a ban all the same.

iRO Sakray ~2002 - 2006.
Throughout my life, my two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart. - Donald Trump

User Info: KJ StErOiDs

KJ StErOiDs
4 weeks ago#7
^Oh, what was your character's name? I was Littlun, of the Avalanche guild, also on Sakray at about that time. :)
A plethora of DKC-related fanart to numb your mind:
http://kjsteroids.deviantart.com

User Info: xF0x

xF0x
4 weeks ago#8
Never played online enough to notice. I think the only times my accounts were deleted was when the whole server went down, that happened with PSO Blue Burst.
Everything will be fire.

User Info: SKARDAVNELNATE

SKARDAVNELNATE
4 weeks ago#9
No, I don't play that type of game.
No locked doors, no windows barred. No more things to make my brain seem SKARD.
Look at Mr. Technical over here >.> -BTB

User Info: ironyisntdead

ironyisntdead
4 weeks ago#10
No, I've never done anything bad enough to be banned.
You havent set a signature for the message boards yet
  1. Boards
  2. Actual Poll of the Day Board
  3. #7569 - Have you ever been banned from an online gaming service or server?