You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Actual Poll of the Day Board
  3. #7568 - When a big-name movie or game is coming out, how hard do you try to...

User Info: KJ StErOiDs

KJ StErOiDs
1 month ago#11
I voted "A little, I just don't actively visit places that I know will be full of spoilers".

With movies or shows: I avoid spoilers like the plague.

Games: little to none at all I don't really play games where plot is huge.
A plethora of DKC-related fanart to numb your mind:
http://kjsteroids.deviantart.com

User Info: bshwalker

bshwalker
1 month ago#12
I read or watch the end of most movies to see if I wanna bother seeing it.
For me, it's not about the destination. It's about the journey on the way to it.
With games I don't look up anything unless the gameplay becomes boring. Then I'll look it up to see what I'm never going to play.
c.o.i.

User Info: Miasma

Miasma
1 month ago#13
I don’t go out of my way to avoid or see them.

User Info: fishy071

fishy071
1 month ago#14
bshwalker posted...
I read or watch the end of most movies to see if I wanna bother seeing it.
For me, it's not about the destination. It's about the journey on the way to it.

Same here. I usually peek at the end, and if it doesn't have a happy ending, I usually won't read or watch it. I also like to know more about the content to see if it's good enough to read or watch. It's similar to what you said about it being the journey and not the destination. Even when I know the ending and other parts of the story, I still enjoy it for what it is. I think that is also one reason people would read a book or watch a movie multiple times.
"You don't need a reason to help people." (Zidane Tribal of FFIX)

User Info: Dr_Menard

Dr_Menard
1 month ago#15
I try to avoid spoilers as much as I can.
Ready Player 1

User Info: CZ_Zidane

CZ_Zidane
1 month ago#16
As for spoilers... I remember buying some game magazine with FF VII walkthrough and in the first paragraph there was "do not get too attached to Aeris because at the end of first CD she will sacrifice her life for the Planet" - the *censored* who wrote it there should be crucified for that!
The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese from the trap.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Solarys

Solarys
1 month ago#17
It depends on the type of game, but in general, I don't really care. If it's a story-heavy game I'm looking forward to, I simply won't look for leaks on purpose.
"Teamwork is essential, it gives them other people to shoot at."
IBM System x3500 M4 || Xeon E5-2687W v2 || 32 GB DDR3 ECC || Radeon RX 480

User Info: Pako Pako

Pako Pako
4 weeks ago#18
SKARDAVNELNATE posted...
I don't care one way or the other. In fact a spoiler might even make me interested in seeing a movie that I otherwise wouldn't have.

My mind works in a way that can circumvent spoilers. It acts like everything is a rerun I wanted to watch anyway.
-=PakoPako=- (Proud member of board 917023!)
"This was brought to you by FRUNGY, the Sport of Kings!"

User Info: LusterSoldier

LusterSoldier
3 weeks ago#19
Voted for "Not very, it doesn't really bother me if I get spoiled or not".

I really don't care about spoilers.
Luster Soldier --- ~Shield Bearer~ | ~Data Analyst~
Popular at school, but not as cool as Advokaiser, Guru Champ!
  1. Boards
  2. Actual Poll of the Day Board
  3. #7568 - When a big-name movie or game is coming out, how hard do you try to...