You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Actual Poll of the Day Board
  3. #7566 - Do you get upset when an exclusive on your system is released on others?

User Info: KJ StErOiDs

KJ StErOiDs
3 days ago#1
Full poll title: "Do you get upset when a game that was exclusive to a system you own gets ported to a new system?"

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/poll/7566-do-you-get-upset-when-a-game-that-was-exclusive-to-a-system

I voted "Not at all, the whole idea of exclusive games is dumb anyway", though I don't think it's dumb - it's just never applied to me. I've never purchased a game for its exclusivity.

And being a PC gamer, I hope they get ported anyway lol.
A plethora of DKC-related fanart to numb your mind:
http://kjsteroids.deviantart.com

User Info: Time

Time
3 days ago#2
"No, and I can't believe people get mad about them"

I wouldn't say exclusive games are dumb though because if everything was multi platform then I would've never bought a PS4 or Nintendo Switch.

I play everything on PC if it's a choice but exclusive games definitely lead to more hardware sales for sony and nintendo.

Most microsoft games are on PC except for those console exclusives where it's only on PS4 and Xbox One.
http://karma.hardcore-tm.com - GameFAQs Karma Calculator.
(edited 3 days ago)

User Info: Lil_Bit83

Lil_Bit83
3 days ago#3
Picked No and I can't believe people get mad about it.

Why would I? Why would anyone? Not everyone has, or can afford multiple systems. There are some great games some people may never have had the chance to play if they had only been on one.
2DS FC tempest 1478 9807 1205
(edited 3 days ago)

User Info: xF0x

xF0x
3 days ago#4
Depends on the game but "Sure, who wouldn't". It's false advertising to market a game as exclusive when it ends up being only temporarily so, there's a world of difference between timed exclusives and permanent ones. These days we aren't getting that many exclusives at all so losing even one means a lot.
Everything will be fire.

User Info: CZ_Zidane

CZ_Zidane
3 days ago#5
Not at all, the whole idea of exclusive games is dumb anyway.

I own PS, I want to play a game, but it was released on Nintendo - I have to buy Nintendo? Eeeeeeeh... I want to buy games rather than other game systems just because of games exclusivity.

The same as "game regions" or what it is called - for example Xenogears was not released in Europe - if I want to play it, I have to buy American Playstation? I have European one, why to buy an American? Thievery...
I understand, if the game is in US for 50 bucks, no one would buy European version for 80 bucks, if the American one would be playable in Europe... money, money, money.
The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese from the trap.
(edited 3 days ago)

User Info: DJStrong

DJStrong
3 days ago#6
Is there an example of someone getting burned by a game losing its exclusivity? I can only imagine it is a very narrow circumstance. I personally have no issue with the practice.
"Seek first to understand, then to be understood"

User Info: momo92

momo92
3 days ago#7
Lil_Bit83 posted...
Picked No and I can't believe people get mad about it.

Why would I? Why would anyone? Not everyone has, or can afford multiple systems. There are some great games some people may never have had the chance to play if they had only been on one.
"Music speaks when words fail!" Dokkan ID:748737433
XBL GT: Pathos Da Ghost

User Info: xF0x

xF0x
3 days ago#8
No need to buy multiple systems, just pick the one where the exclusives interest you the most. Exclusives allow developers to focus on taking advantage of a specific system's abilities more than trying to fit into all the possible parameters and ultimately not doing it well. And when a game is designed with a specific controller in mind it plays better than multiplats where the controller design is not uniform. X-One has no exclusives and it's extremely flavorless, if all consoles become like this then they'll lose their identity.
Everything will be fire.
(edited 3 days ago)

User Info: Solarys

Solarys
3 days ago#9
Voted for "Not at all, the whole idea of exclusive games is dumb anyway," because I only play on the PC these days, and it is actually dumb to not port games to the PC. (Nintendo never does, so it's no wonder their systems are always the first to be emulated...)

But what's dumber than exclusives is region-locking. It's not only about the pricing, but some games are simply unavailable in certain regions. For example, AU/NZ tends to always draw the short straw with game availability, especially on handhelds, and you can't even access the US/JP/EU online store on an AU console.
"Teamwork is essential, it gives them other people to shoot at."
IBM System x3500 M4 || Xeon E5-2687W v2 || 32 GB DDR3 ECC || Radeon RX 480

User Info: DeliFlatChest

DeliFlatChest
3 days ago#10
Kind of but not enough to complain about?

Using Octopath as an example to why I feel this way, I have no problem with it getting ported to other systems, but if it gets ported to other systems and that's a good thing, why can't I have for example the KH Collection?
&&&&
"""""""""""""""""""""""
  1. Boards
  2. Actual Poll of the Day Board
  3. #7566 - Do you get upset when an exclusive on your system is released on others?