• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Actual Poll of the Day Board
  3. #7445 - Is Link truly the greatest video game character of all time?

User Info: SKARDAVNELNATE

SKARDAVNELNATE
3 months ago#21
LordAndrew posted...
Different Links were shown in the contest. Did you have trouble recognizing them as Link?

I pretty much ignored the contest altogether.
No locked doors, no windows barred. No more things to make my brain seem SKARD.
Look at Mr. Technical over here >.> -BTB

User Info: Miasma

Miasma
3 months ago#22
No

User Info: KLOUDrocks

KLOUDrocks
3 months ago#23
I would have voted for "Not really, he's not that interesting, and there are so many better characters". I'm a fan of Zelda games, and the popularity of the franchise is what allows him to win this every year he's included, but that doesn't make him the best character of all time. Heck, he's not even the most recognizable. Mario is actually more recognizable than Mickey these days, and I would argue that non-gamers could name Pikachu more easily than they could Link - especially since many would mistakenly call him Zelda.

With that said, popularity doesn't make for the best character of all time. Character development helps, as does a voice - and Link has neither of these.

User Info: LusterSoldier

LusterSoldier
3 months ago#24
Voted for "Not really, he's not that interesting, and there are so many better characters".
Luster Soldier --- ~Shield Bearer~ | ~Data Analyst~
Popular at school, but not as cool as Advokaiser, Guru Champ!

User Info: _PrincessZelda

_PrincessZelda
2 months ago#25
No.

I am!
Well excuuuuse me, Princess!
https://imgur.com/dIQMC5A.gif
  1. Boards
  2. Actual Poll of the Day Board
  3. #7445 - Is Link truly the greatest video game character of all time?
  • Topic Archived