• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Actual Poll of the Day Board
  3. #7432 - Which older game system would you most like to see return...

User Info: ironyisntdead

ironyisntdead
3 months ago#1
... in a Classic/Mini format next?

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/poll/7432-which-older-game-system-would-you-most-like-to-see-return-in

Nintendo 64.
You havent set a signature for the message boards yet

User Info: xF0x

xF0x
3 months ago#2
Saturn all the way, it honestly seems like this console would benefit the most from a mini/classic release. The vast majority of its games have never been re-released in any form and the original discs are fetching a small fortune now on the second hand market. Even worse, Saturn's CD drives are prone to breaking and the system itself is not nearly as durable as something like N64. It has quite a few masterpieces that deserve a much wider exposure than what they received.

I considered Dreamcast for a bit but without online play it would be far from ideal, and most of its major games are already well preserved anyway.
Everything will be fire.

User Info: Sashanan

Sashanan
3 months ago#3
Indifferent. I'm unlikely to buy hardware right now, and knowing these, they'll be gone from the stores before I can blink.
A gentleman will walk, but never run

User Info: dancer62

dancer62
3 months ago#4
I have absolutely no use for an overpriced "classic mini". I do have a bunch of cheap Chinese Nintendo-On-A-Chip, Commodore-On-A-Chip, Genesis-On-A-Chip, Atari-On-A-Chip, etc., TV and LCD games.

I'd certainly drop $30 for a Dreamcast-On-A-Chip, but not $100 for a "limited edition" theoretically collectible piece of crap.

I have the original consoles and discs/carts, so I'm not impressed by the crummy selection most of the overhyped "classic" On-A-Chip junkers have.
If ballet was easy, it would be pointe-less

User Info: MikeRiley

MikeRiley
3 months ago#5
Turbografx 16. It's all a stupid waste of money anyway. 20+ year old games shouldn't cost more than a few bucks, and you shouldn't have to buy a whole new system just to play them at this point.
Throughout my life, my two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart. - Donald Trump

User Info: KJ StErOiDs

KJ StErOiDs
3 months ago#6
I voted N64 but really I'm indifferent on the matter - I wouldn't be purchasing any of them.
A plethora of DKC-related fanart to numb your mind:
http://kjsteroids.deviantart.com

User Info: Lil_Bit83

Lil_Bit83
3 months ago#7
Game Boy/Color and GBA.
I'm a chick

User Info: BartSmith

BartSmith
3 months ago#8
I would go for Saturn (mostly because the games aren't cheap nowadays & 2D games are better versions than PSX) or Nintendo 64.

User Info: Nadster

Nadster
3 months ago#9
I chose Saturn.
"This is a quote."

User Info: KLOUDrocks

KLOUDrocks
3 months ago#10
I wouldn't purchase any myself, but I voted for the Dreamcast. Even though the N64 has a better library in my opinion, you can get a lot of the games on it pretty easily elsewhere. Plus, my old N64 still works, whereas my Dreamcast fried itself long, long ago.
  1. Boards
  2. Actual Poll of the Day Board
  3. #7432 - Which older game system would you most like to see return...
  • Topic Archived