• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Actual Poll of the Day Board
  3. #7429 - DO ( OR DID) YOUR PARENTS PLAY VIDEO games?

User Info: OlorinTheOtaku

OlorinTheOtaku
1 month ago#1
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/poll/7429-do-or-did-your-parents-play-video-games

So according the Gfaq's, Yugioh is a "casual" game? What the hell? Yugioh is one of the most strategic and in depth games out there.

I don't know if the poll creator will read this, but if so, please keep personal grudges and pot-shots out of the public polls. Completely uncalled for.
Just because something is fictional, doesn't mean its not real.

User Info: KirinThunder

KirinThunder
1 month ago#2
When it started it was simple. I was a good player and taught my little brother. Stopped playing, ten years later my brother had friends over and he's busting plays dropping 10k power monsters in two turns. I was lost lol. I stopped playing when they released the X Y Z set. Bahahaha
Switch FC: SW-7051-7119-4043/ 3DS FC: 3969-4519-9835/ PSN: doom_wake_giant
"All your boards are belong to us."

User Info: DJStrong

DJStrong
1 month ago#3
OlorinTheOtaku posted...
So according the Gfaq's, Yugioh is a "casual" game? What the hell? Yugioh is one of the most strategic and in depth games out there.

I read it as casual card games, like solitaire.

Your broader crticism was right though, the last option seemed very inappropriate and border line mean spirited.

To answer the poll my folks played a lot of rockband back in the day and I could see them having fun with a Jackbox stlye party game.
"Seek first to understand, then to be understood"

User Info: Sashanan

Sashanan
1 month ago#4
My father to an extent, dwindled down currently to one Facebook game (Criminal Case). My mother never was a gamer.

On the topic of card games, I never played Yugioh, but I have played Magic the Gathering for some time in the distant past. And in simulated card games, Hearthstone more recently, though my days of buying booster packs are behind me, and so I didn't stay competitive outside the earliest beta days.
A gentleman will walk, but never run

User Info: hergman

hergman
1 month ago#5
my parents never touched a videogame
sure, they might know that those exist

but they certainly won't won't touch any of those useless modern gadgets
like videogames
cellphones
and computers

"human didn't need them in the past. and so we can live perfectly well without any of that"
Giovanni : hahaha
Im the caid of my shoes and i control every toe-nail in it.

User Info: Superlinkbro

Superlinkbro
1 month ago#6
My dad still plays games sometimes. He recently tried playing Dark Souls.
PSN: Super_Link_Bro
Switch FC: SW-0496-6694-1794

OlorinTheOtaku
1 month ago#7
So by this poll's logic, non gamers are unable to operate a mobile phone. Un-f***ing-believable. Seriously, who wrote this, and what we're they using for a brain at the time?

User Info: AltOmega

AltOmega
1 month ago#8
My dad is a big Gauntlet and Galaga fan, to the point of actually investing an arcade cabinet for the house.
On the other hand, mom is a big slots and video poker fan -_-
- I dislike Sony and Nintendo equally but own both of their consoles plus a PC.
- I'm a traditional leftist and I literally work for the government.

User Info: coreekymon

coreekymon
1 month ago#9
Can't tell if TC is joking or not, thought it was pretty obvious it means like Solitaire.
On the subject of YuGiOh I still collect casually, but mostly just things like the legendary deck collections. My big problem is there is no one to play with, my siblings and friends whom I might convince to play can't really compete with me, so then they just don't want to play. A year or two ago I tried going to a local card shop tournament but I just really didn't like the people there, they all seemed like a******s so I never went back. I like the legendary deck collections because it gives me a variety of decks I can use against my siblings/friends to make things more even and maybe get them to play with me. My main deck is Cyber Dragons which was blessed by the xyz stuff, but I hate this new Link monster stuff, totally ruined my deck.

Anyway on topic I went with the middle option.
My dad likes to play Mahjong dark dimensions a lot, but that's about it. He got in to Wii sports for a little while when that was a big fad.
My step mom almost never plays games, in fact her anti-gaming sentiments were a real pain in the ass growing up.
My mom plays or played a bunch of stupid mobile games like Candy Crush and Words with Friends. She would also play the Wii occasionally, just stuff like Just Dance though.
My step dad (technically they aren't married but it's close enough) is the only one who could really be considered a gamer at all and that is pretty much in the past now. He used to play quite a bit but Wii U and PS3 were his last consoles and he didn't play either too much, then he decided he wasn't going to bother with games much anymore. I think my mom makes it difficult for him to play, not because she necessarily has a problem with it but because she just doesn't leave him much free time.
Roy is, and always has been, my boy!
Finally cataloged all my games: http://backloggery.com/coreekymon

OlorinTheOtaku
1 month ago#10

The poll is solely talking about video games. It references "casual games" and cites "card games" as an example of casual games. That would lead one to believe that the poll creator thinks all card based video games (which obviously includes Yugioh) is a casual game.
  1. Boards
  2. Actual Poll of the Day Board
  3. #7429 - DO ( OR DID) YOUR PARENTS PLAY VIDEO games?
  • Topic Archived