• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Actual Poll of the Day Board
  3. #7231 - Would you ever consider naming your child after a video game character?

User Info: coreekymon

coreekymon
5 months ago#11
CashPrizes posted...
They have definitely asked this question before in poll of the day, like even the wording is exactly the same. LAZY!

If you look near the bottom of the poll results page it says see other results for this poll with links to the previous times they've done the same poll. I wouldn't exactly call it lazy, it's intentional, people want to see how results differ over time.
Roy is, and always has been, my boy!
Finally cataloged all my games: http://backloggery.com/coreekymon

User Info: Lil_Bit83

Lil_Bit83
5 months ago#12
Only if it was an actual name. I wouldn't give them such an obvious name that they'd be bullied for it.
I'm a chick

User Info: LusterSoldier

LusterSoldier
5 months ago#13
Voted for "Probably not, I can't imagine naming a kid for someone in a game".
Luster Soldier --- ~Shield Bearer~ | ~Data Analyst~
Popular at school, but not as cool as BK_Sheikah00, Guru Champ!

User Info: Miasma

Miasma
5 months ago#14
No

User Info: Dr_Menard

Dr_Menard
5 months ago#15
Probably, if it were a really honorable or interesting character.
Ready Player 1

User Info: Solarys

Solarys
5 months ago#16
Irrelevant as I'm not having a child. I can hardly keep myself afloat at the moment, plus I have hereditary health issues which I'm afraid to pass onto my child.

If I were to, say, adopt a baby, I'll make sure s/he doesn't even share a name by coincidence, because I don't want them to be bullied in school because of it. Those who gave their children weird names are bloody irresponsible, to put it mildly.
"Teamwork is essential, it gives them other people to shoot at."
IBM System x3500 M4 || Xeon E5-2687W v2 || 32 GB DDR3 ECC || Radeon RX 480

User Info: LordAndrew

LordAndrew
5 months ago#17
Probably not, but if I did it would have to be a normal human name. The recipient of this name is a real live person, with feelings and everything. Do consider the impact this will have on them.
I like video games. They're pretty good.
  1. Boards
  2. Actual Poll of the Day Board
  3. #7231 - Would you ever consider naming your child after a video game character?
  • Topic Archived