#7230-What's the longest you've ever played a single video game...?

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Actual Poll of the Day Board
  3. #7230-What's the longest you've ever played a single video game...?

User Info: CZ_Zidane

CZ_Zidane
1 week ago#1
What's the longest you've ever played a single video game without taking even a short (10 minute) break?

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/poll/7230-whats-the-longest-youve-ever-played-a-single-video-game

Voted 9-12 hours, almost all day long - breaks are needed for WC and so on, but I am able to play even about 16-18 hours I think... haven't tried yet :-)
The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese from the trap.

User Info: Slayer

Slayer
1 week ago#2
8ish

User Info: Sashanan

Sashanan
1 week ago#3
No break at all? I doubt I come out of that 1-4 hour range. Especially not these days, bathroom breaks are rather more frequent.
A gentleman will walk, but never run

User Info: OlorinTheOtaku

OlorinTheOtaku
1 week ago#4
I remember when I first got GTA San Andreas, that next Saturday I pretty much did nothing but play it for about 10 hours straight, only stopping for food and bathroom breaks. Mount and Blade Warband, Uncharted Waters New Horizons, and Cataclysm Dark Days Ahead were also games I've definitely played for around 10 hours at a time.

Usually I only play games for about 2 hours at a time, but those games I just mentioned completely blew me away and I was totally hooked.
Just because something is fictional, doesn't mean its not real.

User Info: Solarys

Solarys
1 week ago#5
1 to 4 hours at most. I get too tired without a break.
"Teamwork is essential, it gives them other people to shoot at."
IBM System x3500 M4 || Xeon E5-2687W v2 || 32 GB DDR3 ECC || Radeon RX 480

User Info: desuno-to

desuno-to
1 week ago#6
People have literally died from this. Usually it's playing for a couple of days, but even in the US people have died from playing less than 24hrs:

Just from last year:
https://www.aol.com/article/news/2017/02/24/father-dies-during-24-hour-video-game-marathon/21721198/
The difference a letter makes:
"i'm with tc about this" - "watashi mo onani desu"
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: DJStrong

DJStrong
1 week ago#7
17 hours, Champions Return to Arms. Though i am not sure if i can recall how long the breaks were, but the longest would have been 20 mins.

If we have to stick to the strict timetable i think we are looking more in the 8 hour range.
"Seek first to understand, then to be understood"

User Info: AltOmega

AltOmega
1 week ago#8
5-8 hours, Red Dead Redemption was probably the first game I did this with but Minecraft, MGS2, Persona 3, and SMT IV all did that to me afterwards.
- I dislike Sony and Nintendo equally but own both of their consoles plus a PC.
- I'm a traditional leftist and I literally work for the government.
There are times I've played a lot, but always with breaks. Probably no more than 2-3 without one.
GameFAQs likes to hide this feedback link: http://www.gamefaqs.com/features/feedback/

User Info: dancer62

dancer62
1 week ago#10
Without a break? An hour or two.

With bathroom breaks, grabbing a drink and a bite to eat, driving to work and continuing to play between phone calls and paperwork, 18-20 hours.
If ballet was easy, it would be pointe-less
  1. Boards
  2. Actual Poll of the Day Board
  3. #7230-What's the longest you've ever played a single video game...?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.