• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Actual Poll of the Day Board
  3. APotD Original Poll: Who do YOU think will win Character Battle X?

User Info: OlorinTheOtaku

OlorinTheOtaku
4 months ago#111

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/822/618/4d9.jpg

Don't trust the red picket signs on your envelopes, the grass knows what's best, and Trump thinks its all due to Link! So you know what to say when the men in black come 'a nocking; we don't smoke gravy juice! You know what voting is good for? Proving numbers don't exist! Don your hats of tinfoil, lest a Mindflyer eats your cortex, and march out into the great blue yonder of Cormyr, Link shall not prevail in his quest of ultimate bulls***ery, not today! If Ao is my witness, and Yoda my mentor, may the army of Bobs raise up from the failing lands of rejection and claim their rightful place on Link's throne! Down with the Deku Kid!

obvious s*** post ;)
Just because something is fictional, doesn't mean its not real.

User Info: hombad46

hombad46
4 months ago#112
Alright, second chance bracket time. Glad this exists 'cause I did not make good choices for the first one

User Info: The_Mighty_KELP

The_Mighty_KELP
3 months ago#113
TIFA is beating SEPHIROTH. Who saw this coming??? ANYONE?!
Tired of the spam on the PotD board? Want to actually talk about the GameFAQs Poll of the Day? So do we!
http://tinyurl.com/GF-APotD

User Info: WarGreymon77

WarGreymon77
3 months ago#114
Miss Boobs cannot stand up to NintendoFAQs. She'll beat Snake, though.
Creator of the official Digimon: Digital Monsters community board!
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1430-digimon-digital-monsters

User Info: hombad46

hombad46
3 months ago#115
Nice job Mega Man, reversing that result
"That's Engarde hairflip metal detector tier btw"
-XIII_rocks

OlorinTheOtaku
3 months ago#116
I can't believe that out of all the possible video game characters out there, that it's come down to this lot...

Truly just a popularity contest and little else more. They really ought to rename this thing to "most popular video game character battle" for next year, because using the word "favorite" really doesn't seem to be appropriate terminology. Some of these "characters" have about as much personality as a breakfast cereal mascot.

User Info: KLOUDrocks

KLOUDrocks
3 months ago#117
OlorinTheOtaku posted...
I can't believe that out of all the possible video game characters out there, that it's come down to this lot...

Truly just a popularity contest and little else more. They really ought to rename this thing to "most popular video game character battle" for next year, because using the word "favorite" really doesn't seem to be appropriate terminology. Some of these "characters" have about as much personality as a breakfast cereal mascot.

Popularity correlates directly to people's favorites...

Also, everywhere I look (the main page, the forums, official posts from GameFAQs), they simply call it the "Character Battle", not "Who Would Win In A Fight" or "Who Has The Best Personality". So, I'm a bit confused as to what's so wrong with the naming.

FYI, I do agree with you that a lot of these characters wouldn't be my favorite because they lack personality and are simply tied to great games, but that doesn't mean they titled the Character Battle incorrectly. It just means that my favorite characters just aren't as popular as some other characters out there.

User Info: Sashanan

Sashanan
3 months ago#118
It's just a popularity contest! Imagine if US presidential elections were just based on...hold on.
A gentleman will walk, but never run

OlorinTheOtaku
3 months ago#119
Yeah, sorry, I messed up there. That was mostly just me shooting off my mouth trying (very clumsily) to make a point

It just feels weird to me how characters that practically have no personality, like Link and Mario, are beating characters like Neku and Lara Croft. Literally the only reason that Link and Mario are on the poll at all is because they're from good games. If they were exactly the same characters, but from bad games, they wouldn't be on the poll, which is ridiculous since the poll is asking for your favorite character, not favorite game.

User Info: L0neranger

L0neranger
3 months ago#120
My vote was split between Kratos and snake
  1. Boards
  2. Actual Poll of the Day Board
  3. APotD Original Poll: Who do YOU think will win Character Battle X?
  • Topic Archived