#7080 - Do you currently pay to subscribe to a music streaming service?

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Actual Poll of the Day Board
  3. #7080 - Do you currently pay to subscribe to a music streaming service?

User Info: Xeowulf

Xeowulf
1 week ago#1
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/poll/7080-do-you-currently-pay-to-subscribe-to-a-music-streaming

I don't like the options. I don't listen to streaming radio (pay or otherwise), but I don't listen to traditional radio either (and I listen to music a LOT). I have these things called .mp3s. This poll is lacking by not having at least a "No, I listen to music on other media" option.
"You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." - Obi-Wan about the GameFAQs boards
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: TheFalseDeity

TheFalseDeity
1 week ago#2
Nope Youtube works just fine for me.
http://psnprofiles.com/TheFalseDeity
Currently playing - L.A. Noire

User Info: MasterGamer72

MasterGamer72
1 week ago#3
Agreed. I listen to CD's I've bought, or MP3s I've acquired over the years. I still by music off amazon and listen that way. Today's poll seems really cheeky as if it's trying to push an agenda.
Just because you can't see me, doesn't mean I'm not naked.

User Info: AltOmega

AltOmega
1 week ago#4
Where's the "I rip my s**t from public media and listen to it on my own device" option?
1. I teach mathy computer stuff; 2. I'm a huge fan of SMT, Final Fantasy, Metal Gear, Metroid(2D), and giant fighting robots; 3. I voted for Hilary

User Info: icecutter17

icecutter17
1 week ago#5
MasterGamer72 posted...
Agreed. I listen to CD's I've bought, or MP3s I've acquired over the years. I still by music off amazon and listen that way. Today's poll seems really cheeky as if it's trying to push an agenda.

Yes!

Where's the option for good ol' CDs? Or tapes even? Or mp3s that were ripped from CDs that you own?

I have MASSIVE mp3 collection from over the years that I have sourced from CDs I own, I still like to buy CDs.
Even angels cast shadows

User Info: dancer62

dancer62
1 week ago#6
icecutter17 posted...
MasterGamer72 posted...

Yes!

Where's the option for good ol' CDs? Or tapes even? Or mp3s that were ripped from CDs that you own?

I have MASSIVE mp3 collection from over the years that I have sourced from CDs I own, I still like to buy CDs.

This, exactly. I listen to a lot of music, mostly CDs, some MP3s, memory sticks with playlists I've compiled, rarely tapes. Not streaming, not radio.
If ballet was easy, it would be pointe-less

User Info: Sashanan

Sashanan
1 week ago#7
No, I do not listen to music that often, or enough (curious wording on the final answer there) to warrant a paid subscription. My music is typically limited to background in the car and then it's as often a CD as it is radio. Lots of Johnny Cash for me. On the PC, I tend to look up specific songs on YouTube. Perhaps sometimes on Spotify, but nothing that would warrant a paid subscription.

Piracy I no longer do - but in the case of YouTube, for instance, I consider it their problem to make sure the content is licensed, not mine. I just listen.
A gentleman will walk, but never run
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: KLOUDrocks

KLOUDrocks
1 week ago#8
I'm in the same boat as most of the people that have posted so far. I'm an audiophile and own a number of CDs, super CDs, and DVD audio. The clarity you get from those and the surround sound capabilities are much better than anything you could get from a streaming service.

With that said, I voted "No, I do listen to streaming audio, but for free with ads". I'll listen to (free) SoundCloud from time to time, as well as to BandCamp and YouTube. It's nice to find new bands through those programs, as I find most of the other streaming audio programs tend to just play the same cycle of bands over and over.

User Info: ZenithianHero

ZenithianHero
1 week ago#9
I just listen on Youtube, especially since you can find the music video for them. I have many CDs I still buy too although I question how easy it can be to play them as-is in the future. Do companies still make CD players?
My blog | http://zenithianhero.tumblr.com/
Sega news site | http://www.segalization.com/

User Info: DJStrong

DJStrong
1 week ago#10
Xeowulf posted...
This poll is lacking by not having at least a "No, I listen to music on other media" option.

Cannot argue with that!

I do have Amazon Prime Music, it is amazing and I feel I get my money's worth, I am actually listening Mstislav Rostropovich - Cellist of the Century - The Complete Warner Recordings which is a 40 cd set but all streaming not taking up any space and I have it with me everywhere. I love living in the future.
"Seek first to understand, then to be understood"
  1. Boards
  2. Actual Poll of the Day Board
  3. #7080 - Do you currently pay to subscribe to a music streaming service?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.