• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Actual Poll of the Day Board
  3. #6977 - If you were forced to re-live a single day over and over again...

User Info: ironyisntdead

ironyisntdead
10 months ago#1
...until you got it just right, what would be your top priority?

https://www.gamefaqs.com/poll/6977-if-you-were-forced-to-re-live-a-single-day-over-and-over

Making myself a better person, and the whole world a better place.
You havent set a signature for the message boards yet

User Info: Mynash

Mynash
10 months ago#2
Catching up on my backlog, tons of games and shows I need to finish

Definitely this -^ An unfortunate result of growing up means that I have so little time to dedicate to games anymore - barring annual vacations, of course. And more often than not, I find myself hoping that I could freeze time in some way so that I can truly sit back and take as much time as I want to enjoy the things that I like.

What I'm worried about is "re-living a single day" part. Does that mean that everything that I did before gets erased Groundhog-day style? Or will my save data carry over? It's useless to play games if my save data gets erased. Let everything restart, but leave my save data alone dammit >__<

User Info: Derald_Snyder

Derald_Snyder
10 months ago#3
Everybody knows that the only way to end the groundhog day loop is to make it the best day ever for everyone, especially yourself...
Sorry if I sound cynical, but I’ve seen this trope way too many times already.
I fully love and believe in Jesus Christ and I'm 100% proud of it. If you don't... Then I won't try to force you to.

User Info: Sashanan

Sashanan
10 months ago#4
"Making myself a better person, and the whole world a better place.", I suppose. Everything else on there is vanity and chasing after wind.

Though the "clear the backlog" option *is* tempting.
A gentleman will walk, but never run

User Info: Sashanan

Sashanan
10 months ago#5
Mynash posted...
What I'm worried about is "re-living a single day" part. Does that mean that everything that I did before gets erased Groundhog-day style? Or will my save data carry over? It's useless to play games if my save data gets erased. Let everything restart, but leave my save data alone dammit >__<

I fear the same :)
A gentleman will walk, but never run

User Info: VullabySaysHi

VullabySaysHi
10 months ago#6
This is a very interesting poll!

I voted the last option. It may sound so cliché, but that’s what I have been focusing on for a while now. It’s difficult trying to find the right way to set up a schedule where I can meditate and the like in the hustle-and-bustle. If I could have an endless day for just a while, I could formulate what I have to do.
"It's so terribly unattractive. But know that my fathomless love will save even someone like you!"
-Lusamine

User Info: TheFalseDeity

TheFalseDeity
10 months ago#7
On assumption it is to be a random day im reliving debauchery sounds about right i suppose. With a guaranteed reset laws would no longer be able to actually punish you so i might just treat life like a game at that point and do whatever i wanted.

If im allowed to pick which day im reliving to get it right none of the options apply.
http://psnprofiles.com/TheFalseDeity
Currently playing - The Sims 4

User Info: icecutter17

icecutter17
10 months ago#8
TheFalseDeity posted...
On assumption it is to be a random day im reliving debauchery sounds about right i suppose. With a guaranteed reset laws would no longer be able to actually punish you so i might just treat life like a game at that point and do whatever i wanted.

If im allowed to pick which day im reliving to get it right none of the options apply.

can't believe you're the 1st person here that you'd choose this option (that I also chose)

actually I am very surprised at todays poll results

I mean playing vidya all day is great, but to me it cannot compare to earthly delights this world has to offer
in-fact I often find myself playing games as a sort of coping mechanism/time-killer for when I am denied such things, like making love to a beautiful woman

I thought that option would be much more popular, I can only assume gamers these days actually have the incredible good fortune to have experienced these things already and so they no longer hold much power over them
Even angels cast shadows

User Info: KJ StErOiDs

KJ StErOiDs
10 months ago#9
None of the options would be my priority. I ended up voting for Debauchery.

My priority would be "Keep doing it until I get it right".
A plethora of DKC-related fanart to numb your mind:
http://kjsteroids.deviantart.com

User Info: Kamil

Kamil
10 months ago#10
Accumulating knowledge, I'd want to learn as much as possible about everything

I don't think I'd ever be able to retain all that knowledge but it would still be interesting to learn a lot. This is a very interesting poll. Debauchery eh I've already done heavy drinking not really interested in anything else.....catching up on backlog on a gaming site that certainly makes sense, but I wouldn't pick that. Extreme Risk Taking sounds good since I figure you can't die, right? So that has some intrigue.....the last one is nice and sounds nice but didn't someone here in a different poll say "world peace" is too "pious and naive" I wouldn't call the last one that, but *shrugs* I just decided to go with the knowledge. Since it's like power or something.
"I can't jump high so I jump from high places."
~~Cactus Jack.
  1. Boards
  2. Actual Poll of the Day Board
  3. #6977 - If you were forced to re-live a single day over and over again...
  • Topic Archived