You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Rock Band 4
  3. Rock band DLC for 2-14: Hoobastank and Matchbox Twenty...

User Info: Solid Sonic

Solid Sonic
2 months ago#1
Feel the love this Valentine’s Day - songs from Hoobastank and Matchbox Twenty are coming to Rock Band 4!

This year marks the 15th anniversary of Hoobastank’s sophomore album The Reason. To help celebrate that milestone, we’re adding the album’s title track to the DLC library this week. The Reason has become the group’s most commercially successful album, selling over 2 million copies in the U.S. and spawning their signature hit. When “The Reason” was released as a single in 2004, it topped the Billboard Alternative charts, peaked at #2 on the Hot 100 and became the first gold single for the band. It was subsequently nominated for a “Song of the Year” Grammy in 2005. A steady guitar riff keeps things moving and vocalists will have fun with the melody and big choruses.

Also arriving in the DLC store this week is “Push”, an early favorite from Matchbox Twenty. Soon after forming in 1995, Matchbox Twenty released what would become one of the most successful debut albums of all time. From the 12x platinum Yourself or Someone Like You, “Push” was the first Matchbox Twenty song to top the Billboard Alternative Songs chart. The song became an instant concert staple for the band and is still their most-performed live song. Featuring intricate guitar lines and some wild drums fills, “Push” makes for a great party song on all instruments. Pay close attention to the bassline which is strong in the mix!

Songs can be purchased individually for $1.99. The Rock Band Rivals Season 10 Spotlight Pass can be purchased for $14.99.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLsprrZlbOU

http://www.harmonixmusic.com/blog/dlc-week-of-214-hoobastank-and-matchbox-twenty
Song titles in italics indicate the song is part of the Rock Band Rivals Spotlight Pass

I might get the Hoobastank song. I need to recall what it sounds like.
I want to criminalize deliberately breaking a product outside the store that sells it.

User Info: vipermckay

vipermckay
2 months ago#2
I been wanting Push ever since we first got Match Box 20. Takes me back to when I was in junior high listening to their debut album
"Hank if you're steering then who's taking off your shirt!!!" -Dale Gribble

User Info: Missing_My_Head

Missing_My_Head
2 months ago#3
Ah, the rare joy of suddenly recognizing a song purely because of a Weird Al polka medley.

Gonna pass, but the Hoobastank song looks really satisfying on harmonies.
FOR CHRlST'S SAKE WHY IS IT SO HARD TO THINK OF A GOOD SIG

User Info: HelIWithoutSin

HelIWithoutSin
2 months ago#4
I'll probably get both.
And when Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer. -Hans Gruber

User Info: sambuca

sambuca
2 months ago#5
Don't want either, but my wife loves The Reason, so it will be downloaded sooner than I'd like, lol
No way, dude! This is NOT happening again...

User Info: Solid Sonic

Solid Sonic
2 months ago#6
I bought "The Reason" as soon as it came out.

Those HOPOs are...challenging.
I want to criminalize deliberately breaking a product outside the store that sells it.
  1. Boards
  2. Rock Band 4
  3. Rock band DLC for 2-14: Hoobastank and Matchbox Twenty...