DLC for 1/25: BTO and BIlly Squier

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Rock Band 4
  3. DLC for 1/25: BTO and BIlly Squier

User Info: Smacd

Smacd
4 months ago#31
Bamuda posted...
Smacd posted...
Bamuda posted...
We're not doing that. We are trying to tell you why Rock Band 3s (and their other games) setlist is factually terrible using many examples of why it is legitimately terrible.

"We"....? Bamuda, are you referring to yourself in the plural? You might want to make sure you take your meds before TWG fully re-emerges.

Oh my god, we're not the same guy, already! Honestly, I always tried to see the Rock Band fanboy side of things. I always tried to deny that TWG had a reason to be angry. I always tried to deny his points. I always tried to act like I didn't agree with or understand his points, but frankly he is absolutely right about so many things, and you guys just refuse to understand his and my points on it. You think making a setlist filled with top 40 crap is a good idea, even though a lot of players will feel insulted by it. You act like the Ramones are punk rock gods. Try listening to Sex Pistols or Less Than Jake for once in your life to hear what real punk sounds like. You try to hide behind stuff like "Where's your credentials." Where's YOURS!? If you think knowing the difference between good and bad music takes so much sience, then where's YOUR credentials?

I can't do this anymore, okay, TWG had some good points.

Chill chill. I'm just poking a little fun. no reason to get riled up.

And credentials? Last I checked, we're all just a bunch of music fans with different tastes. And even IF any one of us had a music degree or worked in the industry, that's completely irrelevant to having opinions on music. We're all allowed to have them, the problem is when people state opinions as if they are somehow objective fact, the holy truth amen.

User Info: Eternal K

Eternal K
4 months ago#32
Bamuda posted...
Oh my god, we're not the same guy, already! Honestly, I always tried to see the Rock Band fanboy side of things. I always tried to deny that TWG had a reason to be angry. I always tried to deny his points. I always tried to act like I didn't agree with or understand his points, but frankly he is absolutely right about so many things, and you guys just refuse to understand his and my points on it. You think making a setlist filled with top 40 crap is a good idea, even though a lot of players will feel insulted by it. You act like the Ramones are punk rock gods. Try listening to Sex Pistols or Less Than Jake for once in your life to hear what real punk sounds like. You try to hide behind stuff like "Where's your credentials." Where's YOURS!? If you think knowing the difference between good and bad music takes so much sience, then where's YOUR credentials?

Wait, you tried to deny TWG's points when you make the exact same arguments about "atmosphere" and music being objectively good and bad? How does that work?
2007 - 2008 NHL Saturday Picks Champion

User Info: daffu

daffu
4 months ago#33
So you are saying the music selection is bad? What would be a good music selection?
your best friend's drug dealer

User Info: Bamuda

Bamuda
4 months ago#34
Smacd posted...
Chill chill. I'm just poking a little fun. no reason to get riled up.

And credentials? Last I checked, we're all just a bunch of music fans with different tastes. And even IF any one of us had a music degree or worked in the industry, that's completely irrelevant to having opinions on music. We're all allowed to have them, the problem is when people state opinions as if they are somehow objective fact, the holy truth amen.

But they ARE fact. That's just it. Calling songs like Rehab and Whip It crap for, basically, being an insult to the original artist doing them as the song treats truly talented bands as one-hit wonders is calling out the songs for what they are. Calling songs overplayed crap when they've been played to death on the radio and just about everyone but apparently rock band fanboys are sick of is, again, calling them out for what they are. Calling songs emotionless crap when they literally have no emotion to them is, yes, calling them out for what they are. And even if you can try your hardest to pass these off as opinions, you can NOT hold an "opinion" that the Ramones are a true-blue punk band, cause they absolutely are NOT.

Eternal K posted...
Wait, you tried to deny TWG's points when you make the exact same arguments about "atmosphere" and music being objectively good and bad? How does that work?

I told you, I gave up trying to deny his points.

daffu posted...
So you are saying the music selection is bad? What would be a good music selection?

Honestly, I still say GHs 4, 5, and 6 had great setlists.
4 had a lot of catchy pop songs with a good sense of rhythm and energy, plus a few old classics, some of which stood the test of time.
5 had a great sense of variety, having plenty of energetic songs, but also having a little less in other areas, having a good variety of reccognizable, obscure, and in-between songs.
6 was pure, unadultered rock and roll with a massive sense of energy and excitement. True, the setlist was in very few ways varied, but it had so much energy that I barely care, plus it still had its share of oldies and goodies. ...though most of them are re-records. :(

Rock Band 1 felt like a highly unvaried setlist, having not only a few genres, but for the most part picking fairly obvious picks with only a handful of outside-the-box picks. The setlist had a terrible sense of energy and atmosphere as well.

Rock Band 2 was okay. It had decent variety, a few good energetic songs, and I have to commend them for some of their outside the box picks, but I can't help but criticize their cowardly picks, such as One Way Or Another, Chop Suey, The Middle, etc.

Rock Band 3 was a heavy mix of ALL of those songs that have been played to death on the radio with obscure music done by mediocre bands who you'll never hear again (except The Bronx. They actually had another song in GH5): having WAY too many slow songs, not enough energetic ones, and even a lot of the energetic ones are terrible. A setlist that reaks of mediocrity, and to top it all off, was finished by the same piece of **** that almost ruined GH2: Freebird.

GH2 actually proved Harmonix COULD make a decent setlist. It had good energy, didn't pick the obvious choice anywhere near as much as RB3 did and still managed to carry all the greats. Had it not ended with Freebird (and had better bonus songs) it would have been a massive A and I feel it may even have been better than GH4, 5 and 6, but Freebird was just about the WORST finale they could possibly have had except for Stairway to ****ing Heaven, which really brings that score down quite a bit. Still a GOOD setlist, but if they had any finale other than Freebird, it'd have been a GREAT one.

Smacd
4 months ago#35
Bamuda posted...

But they ARE fact. That's just it. Calling songs like Rehab and Whip It crap for, basically, being an insult to the original artist doing them as the song treats truly talented bands as one-hit wonders is calling out the songs for what they are. Calling songs overplayed crap when they've been played to death on the radio and just about everyone but apparently rock band fanboys are sick of is, again, calling them out for what they are. Calling songs emotionless crap when they literally have no emotion to them is, yes, calling them out for what they are. And even if you can try your hardest to pass these off as opinions, you can NOT hold an "opinion" that the Ramones are a true-blue punk band, cause they absolutely are NOT.

And that s*** is why no one takes you seriously TWG. Opinions are not facts. It takes a special kind of narcissism to believe that your own opinions are The Truth, amen.

It doesn't matter what my opinion is. The fact is that The Ramones are not only a punk band, but they helped create the genre. This is factual, whether you like it or not. You don't get to re-write history just because you don't like something or have an incorrect interpretation of history or facts.

If I said that water was always bright pink, because I don't like blue/clear water, that doesn't mean that water is actually bright pink. I can be proved wrong. Just like you have consistently been proved wrong about the Ramones, no matter what your imaginary friends told you about that secret history or whatever it was you were talking about a few years ago when you were off your meds.

User Info: daffu

daffu
4 months ago#36
Bamuda posted...
Honestly, I still say GHs 4, 5, and 6 had great setlists.

That's cool. Are you playing those games? All three of them have guitar, bass, drums and vocals, just like every Rock Band game. If they have the songs you want to play you don't have to wish they were in a similar game, you can play the game they are in. GH4 and GH5 were even released on the PS2, so if you have not advanced two console generations you can still play those games! What a treat!
your best friend's drug dealer

Bamuda
4 months ago#37
Smacd posted...
Bamuda posted...

And that s*** is why no one takes you seriously TWG. Opinions are not facts. It takes a special kind of narcissism to believe that your own opinions are The Truth, amen.

It doesn't matter what my opinion is. The fact is that The Ramones are not only a punk band, but they helped create the genre. This is factual, whether you like it or not. You don't get to re-write history just because you don't like something or have an incorrect interpretation of history or facts.

If I said that water was always bright pink, because I don't like blue/clear water, that doesn't mean that water is actually bright pink. I can be proved wrong. Just like you have consistently been proved wrong about the Ramones, no matter what your imaginary friends told you about that secret history or whatever it was you were talking about a few years ago when you were off your meds.

But they are! I've actually had examples provided as to why those setlists don't work, but you keep glossing over them.

No, it's not factual: it's BULLs***. It's what media WANTED punk to be. It's what corporations tried to shape punk into. Punk isn't corporate: the Ramones are. Punk is vicious, political, and an attempt to fight the evil power. Sex Pistols make that kind of music. Less Than Jake makes that kind of music. The Ramones do not. And if they're so influential and iconic, how come just about NO punk bands have tried to capture the Ramone's style? Plenty doing the same thing Sex Pistols are doing, even Less Than Jake. NO ONE in the Punk genre was trying to be like the Ramones because those Punk bands, like myself, know that the Ramones were corporate-fueled psuedo punk. I'm not the one "rewriting history," because media and corporations have done that already, and considering how many dilusional Ramones fanboys there seem to be: it worked.

Imagin... *Facepalms* Imaginary friends!? REAL, HONEST-TO-GOD PUNK ROCK ADDICTS LIKE ME you mean.? And no, you guys have NEVER once provided "proof" that they are legitimate. Wikipedia? "Oh, Wiki's SOOOO accurate," despite the fact it can be changed to fit someone's idea by literally anyone. Trying to protect the good name of The Ramones is one way people can write bulls*** on wikipedia. You can believe a lie, but just because it's a popularly believed lie doesn't make it any less of a lie.

User Info: sambuca

sambuca
4 months ago#38
Lol, been reading you same few groaning about DLC releases forever, and honestly, it's like watching CNN and Fox news fanboys yell at each other on political forums. I have played these games since PS2 days, and you know what? My tastes differ from all of yours! Shocker! I am a child of the 80s who also gree up on my parents music, so most of the songs you guys complain about being overplayed garbage, I love and cherish. I still listen to them over and over on the radio, which yes, is still my preferred music source. Convenient and free, minus electricity cost lol. I was absolutely THRILLED that Free Bird was the GH2 finale, and am glad that it has been on so many discs. That way, no matter what I choose to play, Free Bird is still an option. I love all the old classic rock, all the 80s hair metal, glam rock, and pop fun. Sister Christian was complained about earlier? Really? I still get riled up and have hairs stand up on my neck when I hear that drum solo slowly build up to ... MOTORIN! I like new stuff too, I really wish they'd get Volbeat The Devil's Bleeding Crown. Would love to play that on RB3. When it doesn't happen each week do I come here and go mental? No. I skip out on songs I don't care for and go on with life. In all honesty, my favorite on disc setlist is one that im guessing none of you agree with, Guitar Hero Smash Hits. So many great songs on there. If a song is played to death, it's usually because it is great and loved by a large group of people. We all have likes and dislikes. To me, the Beatles and the Ramones and Green Day are meh, and Led Zeppelin is only okay rather than legendary. People look at me like I'm crazy when I say so, but hey, we are blessed with free will to listen and play whatever we want. So give me more Leppard, ACDC, Skynyrd, GnR, STP, Journey, Heart, Fleetwood Mac, all forms of Ozzy, Foo Fighters, and the list could honestly go on all day. If you don't like it, just don't listen or play it. Now, I think I'm going to go play RB4 and pick 25 or 6 to 4. Followed by Roundabout, Plush, and then switch to singing and pick Demi Lovato Sorry Not Sorry, to which I sing along every time it comes on the radio. Then maybe later I'll play GH Smash Hits followed by GH Van Halen. Enjoy your day, I will enjoy mine.
No way, dude!!! This is NOT happening again...

Smacd
4 months ago#39
Bamuda posted...
Imagin... *Facepalms* Imaginary friends!? REAL, HONEST-TO-GOD PUNK ROCK ADDICTS LIKE ME you mean.? And no, you guys have NEVER once provided "proof" that they are legitimate. Wikipedia? "Oh, Wiki's SOOOO accurate," despite the fact it can be changed to fit someone's idea by literally anyone. Trying to protect the good name of The Ramones is one way people can write bulls*** on wikipedia. You can believe a lie, but just because it's a popularly believed lie doesn't make it any less of a lie.

Bingo. Here we go. I only cited wikipedia to TWG, not to "Bamuda" (also, wikipedia cites sources, which are valid, and regardless of wikipedia, the entire history all points to me being correct, but that's all beside the point).

Not to mention that I honestly can't believe there are two separate people that use GameFAQs and play Rock Band that actually believe the nonsense that the media had a conspiracy to make The Ramones a punk band. What a steaming load of s***, its amazing anyone thinks that the media even cares about the classification of a specific band.

Bamuda
4 months ago#40
sambuca posted...
Lol, been reading you same few groaning about DLC releases forever, and honestly, it's like watching CNN and Fox news fanboys yell at each other on political forums. I have played these games since PS2 days, and you know what? My tastes differ from all of yours! Shocker! I am a child of the 80s who also gree up on my parents music, so most of the songs you guys complain about being overplayed garbage, I love and cherish. I still listen to them over and over on the radio, which yes, is still my preferred music source. Convenient and free, minus electricity cost lol. I was absolutely THRILLED that Free Bird was the GH2 finale, and am glad that it has been on so many discs. That way, no matter what I choose to play, Free Bird is still an option. I love all the old classic rock, all the 80s hair metal, glam rock, and pop fun. Sister Christian was complained about earlier? Really? I still get riled up and have hairs stand up on my neck when I hear that drum solo slowly build up to ... MOTORIN! I like new stuff too, I really wish they'd get Volbeat The Devil's Bleeding Crown. Would love to play that on RB3. When it doesn't happen each week do I come here and go mental? No. I skip out on songs I don't care for and go on with life. In all honesty, my favorite on disc setlist is one that im guessing none of you agree with, Guitar Hero Smash Hits. So many great songs on there. If a song is played to death, it's usually because it is great and loved by a large group of people. We all have likes and dislikes. To me, the Beatles and the Ramones and Green Day are meh, and Led Zeppelin is only okay rather than legendary. People look at me like I'm crazy when I say so, but hey, we are blessed with free will to listen and play whatever we want. So give me more Leppard, ACDC, Skynyrd, GnR, STP, Journey, Heart, Fleetwood Mac, all forms of Ozzy, Foo Fighters, and the list could honestly go on all day. If you don't like it, just don't listen or play it. Now, I think I'm going to go play RB4 and pick 25 or 6 to 4. Followed by Roundabout, Plush, and then switch to singing and pick Demi Lovato Sorry Not Sorry, to which I sing along every time it comes on the radio. Then maybe later I'll play GH Smash Hits followed by GH Van Halen. Enjoy your day, I will enjoy mine.

You like those songs because you've absolutely horrible taste. Freebird had no business being the last song. A last song is supposed to be climactic with a lot of artisty and drama, not emotionally depressing with a guitar solo that's repetitive without any sort of true artisty. Second, Sister "Cringeworthy's" drum build-up is so generic that I honestly can't believe you'd have an opinion. As for the god-awful emotionless singing, well I call it Cringeworthy for a reason. Also, Plush is plagerized garbage. STP ripped off Pearl Jam's style at every angle, and even then the song itself is incredibly mediocre. Also, I forgot to add 25 or 6 to 4 on my list.

As for the radio, if you can listen to all of those songs over and over, there's honestly something wrong with you.
  1. Boards
  2. Rock Band 4
  3. DLC for 1/25: BTO and BIlly Squier

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived