• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: shadowfirebfg

shadowfirebfg
2 years ago#1
This enemy is insane. it is earth element but resists earth wood metal fire and water and it has an attack that is "super effective" against all but wood for some reason my highest level machina mages can do nothing against it and my guardians cant scratch it the most ive gotten was a 37% im using estra setia and flare because only they can even scratch it and the guardians im using are suzaku and the earth/water apostles. his debuff is god tier causing all my attacks to hit for 1 damage and all his attacks to hit for over 1k if he buffs. this games lack of rpg necessity consumable guardian heals doesnt help either.

User Info: Rainiu

Rainiu
2 years ago#2
In this game, the mages are not meant to deal damage but to buffs the guardians.

Are you using correct seeds to buffs the element bonus to the.guardians?

And I think it is better for you to switch setia with connie or makie as they have better mage skills.

shadowfirebfg
2 years ago#3
yeah i am using the correct seeds but even with them flare outdamages a fully buffed guardian getting three crits in one turn due to ruling left arm by about 15% i had tried connie but she is worthless in that fight i cant get her to have a guardian last more than two turns with buffs and heals that dragon focuses her down instantly whereas setias apostle takes 5 turns to die also maki cant last a full turn since i only have one metal guardian and it sucks compared to fire and water ones i have thats why her and connie are benched for this even though i personally find maki to be my highest source of damage because i have good metal stones i just wondering now if level is what is dragging me down now ive just never seen a point in leveling in games that have an idea factory logo on them since levels<<<<<<<<<<<<<<gear in those types of games is generally the rule

User Info: kaetokiha

kaetokiha
2 years ago#4
shadowfirebfg posted...
yeah i am using the correct seeds but even with them flare outdamages a fully buffed guardian getting three crits in one turn due to ruling left arm by about 15% i had tried connie but she is worthless in that fight i cant get her to have a guardian last more than two turns with buffs and heals that dragon focuses her down instantly whereas setias apostle takes 5 turns to die also maki cant last a full turn since i only have one metal guardian and it sucks compared to fire and water ones i have thats why her and connie are benched for this even though i personally find maki to be my highest source of damage because i have good metal stones i just wondering now if level is what is dragging me down now ive just never seen a point in leveling in games that have an idea factory logo on them since levels<<<<<<<<<<<<<<gear in those types of games is generally the rule

You don't need to switch your guardians to use a different mage. Why are you switching any of your guardians for a metal one if he is low level? The only important thing is to switch your seed properly.

Also the best guardian for Maki is Water if i'm not wrong, but it doesn't matter that much.

Connie is infinitely better than Setia...Setia is useless compared to all the others. You clearly are doing something wrong cause Connie AOE dodge buff is OP as hell and you can win most fights just because of it.

If your guardian is doing less damage than your mage then 100% you are doing something wrong. If you are using the Drill...just drop it already, that arm is only good early game then it becomes useless. It doesn't matter if the attack is 30...don't focus too much on that.

shadowfirebfg
2 years ago#5
connies dodge buff is like 20% sucess unless there are attacks that just garuntee hits so far it doesnt even buy enough time to heal but seriously flare is hitting for over 1200 every hit and seems to always crit and the metal guardian i have is my highest level guardian although the earth one is only 1 level behind they both suck at the moment. is physical just weaker than magical altogether? 211 is the highest element bonus i can get on a guardian at the moment and that is estras earth second highest is flares fire at 157 tied with makis metal honestly it would be nice if i could get some stones/seeds that would give me higher bonuses since i have to use them on specific characters just to get that high. ive done this fight 20+ times by now and have come to the conclusion that my stats are too low for most the buffs to have a game changing effect but one debuff from that dragon and all my guardians turn into useless piles of metal

User Info: dancer62

dancer62
2 years ago#6
Are you using Estra's Time Of The Gods skill to buff your guardians? I think there are some fights that are not winnable otherwise. If you're not doing any damage, you need to increase your attack stat with element multiplier and buffs, and debuff the enemy.

I completed three playthroughs and working on fourth with Estra/Earth Apostle, Maki/Water Guardian, and Flare/Fire Guardian. Tough fights, typical first round Estra cast Time Of The Gods, Maki cast Barrier Aura, Flare cast Squishy; second round Estra cast Time Of The Gods again, Maki cast Steel Aura or Berserk Mode, Flare cast Double Revenge; third round all guardians attack. I believe that steamrolling the enemy with raw and buffed Attack stats is much more important than trying to match weak/strong element or physical/magical.
If ballet was easy, it would be pointe-less

User Info: haseo4

haseo4
2 years ago#7
I'm stuck at this part too. I have a few questions. Any help is appreciated.

What level should I be when facing the Earth Dragon when he flies to the city? I was somehow able to beat it in the tower but in the city he's able to make 3 and sometimes 4 moves per turn and is destroying me. My strongest mages are Estra, Maki, and Flare at level 27-29. I've mostly been using the Earth guardian, and the fire and metal apostles for most of the game save for some bosses.

What is the quickest and easiest way to level up? I have obtained 8 of the 10 guardians/apostles, filled out the map for every floor so far and and never fled from a battle but my characters still seem very weak. Most monsters except for the rare ones and bosses give very little exp.

Should I be crafting any parts by now ? The best ones seem to cost a ton and I rarely have all the materials necessary to create them. So far I have just been using the parts from chests, dlc and the shop owner.

What are the best items to use in the towers? I pretty much just use the sealed door and treasure chests locators.

What is Estra's best form? I have only leveled up her default form.

BTW I'm playing on normal and don't have much experience with rpgs. The common enemies are easy enough to beat but some of the rare ones and a few of the bosses seem to have huge difficulty spikes.

shadowfirebfg
2 years ago#8
i just barely won last night by using flare lv 29 with suzaku lv 30 estra lv 29 summer form to maximize leo seed buffwith earth apostle lv 30 and lv 20 connie with lv 27 seiryuu my only casualty was the earth apostle and i didnt get any use from connies evade buff not once did that cause him to actually miss seiryuu"s default arms 2 arm atack is good due to 10 hits+decent crit rate flare should magic attack buff herself and spam pheonix shot it has like a 90% chance to deal over 1400 damage to it with my setup but if it doesnt crit it will hit for about 900 which is still more than most guardians but at the end of that fight all my mages were at 1 hp and the fire and wood guardians had less than 100gp its good to have a monster analyzer stone so you can tell when something is alm,ost dead either way i was using default arms on all but earth and using two drill festivals on earth but estra was too busy repairing and healing to have it drill rush more than once and no i dont even have time of the gods unlocked yet this fight was also stupid because once i got 2 guardians to level 30 it was only hitting half as hard with at most +8 def gained

kaetokiha
2 years ago#9
shadowfirebfg posted...
i just barely won last night by using flare lv 29 with suzaku lv 30 estra lv 29 summer form to maximize leo seed buffwith earth apostle lv 30 and lv 20 connie with lv 27 seiryuu my only casualty was the earth apostle and i didnt get any use from connies evade buff not once did that cause him to actually miss seiryuu"s default arms 2 arm atack is good due to 10 hits+decent crit rate flare should magic attack buff herself and spam pheonix shot it has like a 90% chance to deal over 1400 damage to it with my setup but if it doesnt crit it will hit for about 900 which is still more than most guardians but at the end of that fight all my mages were at 1 hp and the fire and wood guardians had less than 100gp its good to have a monster analyzer stone so you can tell when something is alm,ost dead either way i was using default arms on all but earth and using two drill festivals on earth but estra was too busy repairing and healing to have it drill rush more than once and no i dont even have time of the gods unlocked yet this fight was also stupid because once i got 2 guardians to level 30 it was only hitting half as hard with at most +8 def gained

Like i said...drill festival sucks ass mid game so you should not use it anymore if you want to do any damage. Having your other guardians using their default arms tells why you were not doing damage. At this point of the game you should have way better arms to use.

For better dodge chance you can equip on your guardians stones that gives dodge chance. There is one that gives 15% so 2 of these on one guardian (after you reach level 30 so you can also have a stone to help with your damage) + Connie buff is enough to dodge 70% of the attacks.

I played on hard on my first playthrough and i didn't have this much trouble against this dragon, although i did die to him a couple of times, but normal difficult is like very easy when you compare to hard.

kaetokiha
2 years ago#10
haseo4 posted...
I'm stuck at this part too. I have a few questions. Any help is appreciated.

What level should I be when facing the Earth Dragon when he flies to the city? I was somehow able to beat it in the tower but in the city he's able to make 3 and sometimes 4 moves per turn and is destroying me. My strongest mages are Estra, Maki, and Flare at level 27-29. I've mostly been using the Earth guardian, and the fire and metal apostles for most of the game save for some bosses.

What is the quickest and easiest way to level up? I have obtained 8 of the 10 guardians/apostles, filled out the map for every floor so far and and never fled from a battle but my characters still seem very weak. Most monsters except for the rare ones and bosses give very little exp.

Should I be crafting any parts by now ? The best ones seem to cost a ton and I rarely have all the materials necessary to create them. So far I have just been using the parts from chests, dlc and the shop owner.

What are the best items to use in the towers? I pretty much just use the sealed door and treasure chests locators.

What is Estra's best form? I have only leveled up her default form.

BTW I'm playing on normal and don't have much experience with rpgs. The common enemies are easy enough to beat but some of the rare ones and a few of the bosses seem to have huge difficulty spikes.

Grind more if you are having this much trouble. The best enemy to grind during mid game is the demon lord's eyes which can be found on Red tower and blue tower if i'm not wrong. He is very weak, but he is annoying cause he flees from the battle a lot. He gives a lot of XP.

A good way to do more damage is abusing combos with two or three guardians. Take a look at the arms you have that has good attacks AND good chance from combo (75% at least) then you equip all your guardians with a stone that amplifies the damage done and deal damage to you (only 1 per guardian), i think at this point in the game you have the one that amplifies the damage 3x and deal some damage to you (i think it's the combo stone). When you combo your attacks using this stone you deal huge damage in one attack with all the guardians who were in the combo. Combos using stones that gives you more attacks (like using 3 attack on a turn) is worse for combos cause only one attack will have the damage boosted from the combo and you can't get triple combo like this.
  • Topic Archived