• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. MeiQ: Labyrinth of Death
  3. Meiq: LoD - Summary Guide

User Info: Wrasten

Wrasten
2 years ago#11
Akuro19 posted...
In terms of the effective weapons, where do I find more of the Gold Vulcans? Those weapons are overpowered as hell, and I want more than one.

You can craft them! Just go to the fournace and make this:

-30x Demon ore
-1x World dragon scale
-METAL Machina book

If you have the above ingredients, the "craft" button will appear
-I don't need to include time.h to tell when it's time to duel, it is always!-

Wrasten
2 years ago#12
[Zodiac beasts locations]

Leo
Story- black tower 3F

Libra
Central temple 2F hidden seal

Gemini
North west 9F blue tower hidden seal

Tauris
6F south west white tower hidden seal

Cancer
B9F Central temple hidden seal

Virgo
Dark tower 5F

Scorpio
Dark tower 9F

Acquarius
EX1

Pisces
EX1

Sagis
EX2

Aries
EX2

Capricorn
EX3

Source: http://spoiler.sakura.ne.jp/srv2/mei_q/index.php?%E5%8D%81%E4%BA%8C%E6%98%9F%E7%8D%A3

User Info: Isual

Isual
2 years ago#13
thank you. this will help as i just got the game.

also, do i need to play on normal to get the trophy or can i switch it out just before the final boss ?

Isual
2 years ago#14
i'm a fool, i just glossed over you stuff, and the answer was there when i read it.

can the mods please sticky this?

User Info: CarmineFox

CarmineFox
2 years ago#15
How do you get your guardian to be more powerful? When I played I had no trouble on normal but on the harder difficulties I had trouble. Most of my guardians couldn't deal enough damage even though I equipped good stones and arms. The only way I could deal good damage was with a 3x damage stone.

Wrasten
2 years ago#16
CarmineFox posted...
How do you get your guardian to be more powerful? When I played I had no trouble on normal but on the harder difficulties I had trouble. Most of my guardians couldn't deal enough damage even though I equipped good stones and arms. The only way I could deal good damage was with a 3x damage stone.

As I told you, you have to:

1- Go to mage's equipment
2- Remove all stones
3- Put stones that add up elemental power towards the guardian's (there's an icon!) element
4- Go to guardian
5- Put weapons that do multiple attacks like gold vulcan or finger missile
6- Put the armor that boosts your stats better
7- Make sure your arm and torso parts have a element with a upper arrow
8- In case you didn't notice, your guardian is now OP
9- Go to the guardian's core and add stones, possibly one that makes all actions execute in a single turn (depends on what you found, but there is one that makes you pay little guardian's HP to execute every each of his skills on a single turn)

Isual posted...
do i need to play on normal to get the trophy or can i switch it out just before the final boss ?

Not tested, but it's mostly likely.

P.S: Sorry for the late answers but I'm on a different time zone it seems xD, if you need something don't worry to ask. I still have to fight another good <15.000ish enemies to plat.

Isual
2 years ago#17
Wrasten posted...
CarmineFox posted...

As I told you, you have to:

1- Go to mage's equipment
2- Remove all stones
3- Put stones that add up elemental power towards the guardian's (there's an icon!) element
4- Go to guardian
5- Put weapons that do multiple attacks like gold vulcan or finger missile
6- Put the armor that boosts your stats better
7- Make sure your arm and torso parts have a element with a upper arrow
8- In case you didn't notice, your guardian is now OP
9- Go to the guardian's core and add stones, possibly one that makes all actions execute in a single turn (depends on what you found, but there is one that makes you pay little guardian's HP to execute every each of his skills on a single turn)

Isual posted...
do i need to play on normal to get the trophy or can i switch it out just before the final boss ?

Not tested, but it's mostly likely.

P.S: Sorry for the late answers but I'm on a different time zone it seems xD, if you need something don't worry to ask. I still have to fight another good <15.000ish enemies to plat.

just clarifying, so do i need to play on normal then swap to hard just before the final boss for the hard trophy and vice versa for difficulties above hard ?

User Info: Akuro19

Akuro19
2 years ago#18
I've been grinding postgame for a while now. Here are the useful things I've discovered so far.

1. The two most important methods to boost guardian stats is through the base stats of the equipment they have, and the level of the form of the machina mage they are equipped with. This means the higher level a form like Estra's central form is for example, the stronger the guardian is.

2. Attacks that hit "All enemies" in one turn are the most useful for mobs, and attacks with crit up/ chain up/ chain hit up are good for bossfights. This is why Gold Vulcan is great for a large portion of the game. Though the God weapons eventually eclipse the damage with their mighty attacks in the future.

3. While many would suggest to use stones that enable all attacks at once for health, I would suggest using stones that enable double/triple/1-4 attacks of the same move for the main story. Gale Stone and Ranbu stone are great for this, as using the same powerful attack up to 4 times in one turn with no penalty is very helpful. I think the early stone is called Chaos Stone for the 1-4 actions of the same move. Postgame however, the elemental stones are better, as they enable the guardian to use ALL SKILLS of the same element as the stone in one turn with no penalty. For example, having the Suzaku God armor with the respective arms of the set, while equipping the eruption stone, enables the guardian to use all the body and arm skills, including the twin arm skill, all at once. This leads to about 10 skills used in one turn with no penalty.

4. To make your life easier, Estra's spell, Time of the Gods, is a useful boss killer buff, since it can boost a guardian's stats by 200%(x3). By the time you get that skill, you should have at least one Gold Vulcan. Give a guardian that weapon, use the buff on them, destroy everything with the Extreme skill.

5. DO NOT IGNORE QUESTS! Many of the postgame quests after beating normal difficulty give very helpful tools for grinding for higher levels easily. Tools such as monster summoner, Experience X and Money X, and monster searcher. Having these tools will prevent players from losing their sanity for the grinds to ultimate power and wealth. For me, using the tool to summon Extra Crab in the Metal Crest Dungeon with the item buffs can net me with over 2 million exp and 800k gold from just one fight with double awakened crabs.

6. Always have at least one machina mage equipped with a stone that allows you to analyze monsters. This is crucial in making tough fights less difficult by knowing their health bars and element on the first turn, and making the right moves for them.

7. Dungeons get f***ing MASSIVE near endgame and postgame. Do not be afraid to suspend save often if you need to take breaks or worry of dying. It took me nearly two hours of exploring to finally make it through the first postgame dungeon.
"Though it's interesting to see monsters killing each other, go ahead and kill them yourself." - Goddess Ilias

User Info: jlh28532

jlh28532
2 years ago#19
Since this is the only really active thread for this game.

What monster is located between Argos and Taromati?

I am on NG+ on the final story dungeon and I am wondering if I missed it on my first loop.

Might as well add another tip to contribute with the thread:
When a mage gains EXP past their level cap, the game still keeps track of it. I used a Limit Break elixir on a mage that at level 139, she went up to level 142 and I was still in town when that happened.
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite post on Gamefaqs.

Wrasten
2 years ago#20
Isual posted...
just clarifying, so do i need to play on normal then swap to hard just before the final boss for the hard trophy and vice versa for difficulties above hard ?

You could do like that and swap just at the boss but it's higly advised to play at pace raising the difficulty each cycle, this is because difficulty raises exp gain and money as well.

jlh28532 posted...
What monster is located between Argos and Taromati?

Full name is "President of hell argenti" and looks like an orange winged demon with a sword, but you can farm for entries at endgame because at endgame every EX dungeon can be accessed freely just having the key and the game doesn't force you to clear them all in sequence.

Almost forgot, there's the handy monster summoner you can use to get them, sorry xD

Akuro19 posted...
The two most important methods to boost guardian stats is through the base stats of the equipment they have, and the level of the form of the machina mage

No, this is for minmaxing a little as you are in early game, the most crucial thing is the mage's element, put a series of dark/earth amplify stones on a mage tied to a earth-element guardian and you'll see the stats skyrocketing. I documented this above, please do try it if you haven't.

Akuro19 posted...
Do not be afraid to suspend save often

I never ever had to since I stockpiled lots of items to heal, but if you don't want to see how deathra works against your party when is almost wiped out, do it. I also remember you that the post game can be done on normal if you already beated the final boss.

Also, I'm adding a tip:

[Quest items carryover]
If you have not delivered one of the key item needed by a quest (red chests, exception for unique monsters which do reset) this goes to your inventory and you can use it in the subsequents cycles. For example you can spend the 1st cycle looting some quest items and actually clear the quests later.

I remember you that you'll need access to the EX dungeons to get every of those rewards, and it's strongly advised to do quests only on that occasion, since the game is not that hard without those rewards.

P.S: Please do not clone an entire message if you only have to quote a part of it, that helps :D
  1. Boards
  2. MeiQ: Labyrinth of Death
  3. Meiq: LoD - Summary Guide
  • Topic Archived