• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. MeiQ: Labyrinth of Death
  3. Meiq: LoD - Summary Guide

User Info: Wrasten

Wrasten
2 years ago#1
[Premise]
I wanted to jot down my current knowledge on the game so to help those in need and gain as well some info to beat the game. For starters I have to say that "This game is very short" sentence is false. the game focuses on heavy cycling - basically you have to beat the story on X difficulty then beat the endgame dungeon and then restarting the game (NG+ wise) at X+1 difficulty maintaining almost everything you got in the previous gameplay to beat the next (even more nightmarish) dungeon.

This is basically saying that the game was supposed to be platted in order to face every opponent and explore every inch of the game. Most likely the reviewers just played the game on easy until the ending without knowing of what came next.

Ok, this is my current setting:

Hours in game: 58h approx.
Estra/Maki/Flare lv: 266/999
Connie/Setia lv: 50/99
Guardians stats: almost all nines for each stat
Mage's stats: almost all nines mostly, but I honestly just need their guardian to fight.
Cycle: 3rd (Normal, Hard, Devil, Hell difficulty) at the last EX dungeon's boss
Monster encyclopedia: 91%
Part list: 97%

[How to start]

If you're playing the game for the first time is higly reccommended to play on easy, the game basically starts with a single character then you gain the access to a party formation system. Remember that the game becomes surprisingly difficult as you proceed, if you're only in for the main story you'll probably have very short to play, but on the long road you'll have enormous labyrinths waiting for you, filled in dark mimics, bosses and mind blowing machinery that will block your road.

[Clearing a Cycle]

As soon as you gain more stones, you can put those in your character's ("mage") stone slots, they will basically make your mage or your guardian (more like persona or mind zero if you want) stronger. You basically don't need to boost the mage stats. You have to boost the element affinity that will correspond to your guardian's element (this does change between guardians, as a little stats distribution and the availability from the beginning of a cycle, just stick with the first one you get and you'll be more than fine).

So, let's say you have Estra paired with the standard guardian [Rock element], then you'll unlock another mage [Maki] with another guardian [Water element] and then the third one with a [fire element guardian]... ok you're basically set to destroy the first section of your game: put stones on Estra (i.e.) that boost the stone affinity then your guardian which has the stone core will become unmoderately strong in no time.

For the guardians you just need to equip gear having corresponding elements attack skills (you can also play on stats at the beginning if needed) and making sure the arm parts have a multiple strike skill so to dish more damage. Lastly don't forget to find stones that will allow you to execute multiple attack skills in a single turn.

To clear a cycle just follow this non-spoilerous (kinda) guide:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/131785-meiq-labyrinth-of-death/74356825

and those if needed (maps of the main dungeons):
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/131785-meiq-labyrinth-of-death/74303405

[Getting over a-hundred (lol)]

To get your mage lv cap increased from lv 99 to 999 you have to consume limit breaker elixirs/ super l. b. elixirs that you'll mostly drop\find\buy in the endgame.
In this game you won't need to worry about money or aether (used for synthesis) as the game will mostly cover you in in no time.

(for now) many many thanks to ...
- blissfulyoshi
- and those who helped as well!
-I don't need to include time.h to tell when it's time to duel, it is always!-

Wrasten
2 years ago#2
[Tricks and gimmicks]

First of all note that you can die at any difficulty and still having yourself teleported to the INN with no exp\item loss, so you can experiment and adventure as much as you desire. Also you can stay for free.

If you are short on energy and just want to save, if you walked on the next elevator of the current floor that is great! You can escape (via skill, door item or on foot) and then the elevator will bring you back on charge!

If your guardian gets injured (not dead that is) you can take out its armor and set it back to restore the healt, that's not really that cheap trick, only saves you some time.

[Advanced gameplay]

At harder difficulties, DPT is most crucial, so you'll need to equip weapons that deal multiple strikes (at leas from what I experimented myself). You'll basically end up buffing your attaccking guardian with your magic then let him make hell with multipleenormous damage.

Since I'm using the first 3 guardians (rock, water and fire), this is my setting (by core name):

[Alpha]
- Seiryu body 3
- God fist
- Light fist

[Genbu]
- God Genbu body
- Frozen demon sword
- Frozen demon sword

[Sigma]
- God suzaku body
- Kouryu arm
- Kouryu arm

Each guardian ha the Peerless Gem which allows to perform every each attack skill in a single turn

As soon as I can spam most of the magics (Estra's and Flare's mostly) on them they become deadly damage dishers, but they're not yet optimized...

[Why didn't I write a guide?]

Because I really don't have time plus I'm missing many of the items yet, as a plain Epsilon or Omega body, plus the last 3 of them, the last 5 arms, the monster after succubus and some of folder 18 onwards...

[Is there any true ending or fanservice?]

This is still a mystery, tha game doesn't give much fanservice if not derived from the character's clothing. As for the true end thing I guess something will happen when all 12 zodiac beasts will be beaten like a superboss (honesty, I just had a nightmare fighting Capricorn which never died almost xD).

User Info: Akuro19

Akuro19
2 years ago#3
What? Unequipping the armor restores health for guardians? That trick reminds me of the TM tricks in pokemon. Gonna remember that one for later.
"Though it's interesting to see monsters killing each other, go ahead and kill them yourself." - Goddess Ilias

Wrasten
2 years ago#4
Akuro19 posted...
What? Unequipping the armor restores health for guardians? That trick reminds me of the TM tricks in pokemon. Gonna remember that one for later.

I'm taking my time to level up the remaining Mages, I have to tell you this trick is mostly useless since your mages (MOST of them) have magics that will indeed magically refill the whole Guardian's healt.

Plus buying camping sets (full refill to mages+guardians+skills) is pretty cheap, if you manage to farm a little you can stockpile 99x of them in the first playtrough or second.

I have to say that [Setia] and [Connie] have pretty nice skills to use in the 3rd and 4th cycle as they replace [Maki] pretty well!

Wrasten
2 years ago#5
[FRESH NEWS!]

- The game asks you to clear the game at the 4 different difficulties in order to *both* unlcok the trophies and the key (crest) needed for the endgame dungeon.

- Tha game *doesn't* ask you, on the other hand, to keep playing on hella-hard as you can just go to menu->settings->gameplay->switch difficulty at your whim. So you can basically steamroll the post game dungeons without any penality (just did for the third one).

- PLOT events from the third EX dungeon confirmed, maybe not much in the third, but something will happen in the fourth probably. (3rd Ex dungeon: many many bosses to fight!)

- To unlock some of the opmost gear you have to level-up your guardian, simply put, the new parts will be available at the shop.

- To clear the whole quest list you'll need to be on your 4th playtrough and possibly not going further than black tower as you'll need it to clear some of te objectives. This allows you to have access to 100% zones.

Akuro19
2 years ago#6
Well I only recently started, and I've been mainly using the DLC arms to steamroll the game. Just met the 3 shadows, but i've been grinding the demon king eye for that awesome experience.

How exactly does that difficulty trick work?
"Though it's interesting to see monsters killing each other, go ahead and kill them yourself." - Goddess Ilias

Wrasten
2 years ago#7
First of all Merry Christmas / Happy Hannukan to everyone!

Akuro19 posted...
Well I only recently started, and I've been mainly using the DLC arms to steamroll the game. Just met the 3 shadows, but i've been grinding the demon king eye for that awesome experience.

How exactly does that difficulty trick work?

The dlc items are indeed a good start but be prepared to use something different pretty soon as you'll start building stats.

The difficulty trick is simple: start the game on *difficulty* go to the final boss and beat him, based on the difficulty at which you where you get a key item to access the extra dungeon, now go to menu and lower difficulty, enjoy the postgame.

There is an extra dungeon for each difficulty:

[Difficulty to get - key name - place to get to access ]

- NORMAL: metal crest > white tower
- HARD: wood crest > blue tower
- DEVIL: fire crest > red tower
- HELL: god crest > ??? (almost there xD)

Note for Fire crest's dungeon, if you were playing on devil like me... just don't xD. It's not worth it, you can't possibly win at <300 (at least for what I know), just do the difficulty trick and clear it on normal, you won't get penalized for this.

User Info: jlh28532

jlh28532
2 years ago#8
What's the best/fastest way to get to 999?
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite post on Gamefaqs.

Wrasten
2 years ago#9
[ Trophy cleanup ]

Yesterday, I succesfully gained evey trophy but those for 10k and 30k kills (you'll need them to unlock some rare weapon\armor that will remain as ??? no matter what your completion count will say), the equipmente collection and the trophy for maxed estra forms (they level-up accordingly on how many battle you started and finished without dying). So, basically, at this point of the game just put on a monster charm, normal difficulty and start your party train xD

[ Capping the exp ]

Getting tons of exp is a really easy task: you'll need Experience Doubler X and Giant Beam Generator awarded for your guild quests. Just go to the main temple 1BF and spam your monster summoner (again, it's a reward) to summon an extra crab.

1st turn: spam the 2 items + defend with the third character
2nd turn: killall

I fully capped all the guardians + 3 mages in 2 hours (maybe less or maybe more depending on the success rate of monster summoner)

[ Hidden Zones ]

Believe it or not but the sealed door detector actually does work on other dungeons and floors thus unlocking secret zones, most of them are the nest of a Zodiac Beast so be prepared.

[ Divine Crest and Monster Completion ]

Unluckly seems like the last crest does not unlock any extra dungeon (as the monster encyclopedia was cleared upon beating the 3 ex dungeons and the zodiac beasts). Don't forget that you need to kill a monster to get its entry!

Akuro19
2 years ago#10
In terms of the effective weapons, where do I find more of the Gold Vulcans? Those weapons are overpowered as hell, and I want more than one.
  1. Boards
  2. MeiQ: Labyrinth of Death
  3. Meiq: LoD - Summary Guide
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers