3 months ago #5
Yeah, great job smark. An introductory post that also serves as a helpful resource. I’ve seen 70+ from this year, but some of my biggest blindspots (Germany Year Zero, A Hen in the Wind, friggin’ Hamlet) are on the Criterion Channel, so that’s cool. And I’m really looking forward to just rewatching a bunch of masterpieces.

But the first two movies I watched for this thing were western spoofs, Two Guys from Texas and The Dude Goes West. Neither of them are on your list of significant films from 1948. Which is as it should be. They’re not significant.

Off the top of my head, I think my two favorite Looney Tunes from this year are Haredevil Hare and Scaredy Cat. But that could just be my Chuck Jones bias showing. I’m looking forward to rewatching a bunch of those too.
cabbage

Previous Versions
3 months ago
Yeah, great job smark. An introductory post that also serves as a helpful resource. I’ve seen 70+ from this year, but some of my biggest blindspots (Germany Year Zero, A Hen in the Wind, friggin’ Hamlet) are on the Criterion Channel, so that’s cool. And I’m really looking forward to just rewatching a bunch of masterpieces.

But the first two movies I watched for his thing were western spoofs, Two Guys from Texas and The Dude Goes West. Neither of them are on your list of significant films from 1948. Which is as it should be. They’re not significant.