• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. YIIK: A Postmodern RPG
  3. Any news about this? Is this a very low budget thing?

User Info: Kidd Universe

Kidd Universe
8 months ago#11
i dunno, the battle system looks like a fairly typical take on JRPGs but with a mario rpg/paper mario/mario and luigi take on using actions to make each character unique. it looks sort of fun.

i just wouldn't be able to deal with the whole condescending meaningless "post modern" hipster vibe. if i thought that they were kind of making fun of it and the whole thing didn't actually take itself seriously and it was only part of a whole, that'd be different, but as is it just seems obnoxious.

weird that the dev didn't realize that people hate hipsters, and that that would affect his sales. it's cool to make something that you like, but don't expect it to take off with the masses if it's based around something they completely loathe.
"Please realize that you do not have free speech here." - Message From GameFAQs Moderation Staff
  1. Boards
  2. YIIK: A Postmodern RPG
  3. Any news about this? Is this a very low budget thing?
  • Post New Message