• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. YIIK: A Postmodern RPG
  3. Any news about this? Is this a very low budget thing?

User Info: drclaeys

drclaeys
9 months ago#1
Friends,

Any news about this? Is this a very low budget thing?

I guess Now I have to google. Thank you.
Dr. Darrell of Michigan
Enough young people deaths, ban guns now, TODAY!! How many more children must die?

User Info: Ryumoau23

Ryumoau23
9 months ago#2
I'm curious as well about this. I'm always interested in new indie rpgs.
31 and bisexual. ^ ^
psn: Ryumoau

User Info: Kidd Universe

Kidd Universe
9 months ago#3
it's a hipster RPG. it's like earthbound without the charm and instead with hipsters.
"Please realize that you do not have free speech here." - Message From GameFAQs Moderation Staff
(message deleted)

User Info: DartDragoon

DartDragoon
9 months ago#5
Hipster s*** with the developper as a self-insert character. Just looking at the game is revolting.
PSN: AstroZombie29
Currently Playing: WoW, Hollow Knight, Dragon Quest XI
(edited 9 months ago)
(message deleted)

User Info: HopesPeak

HopesPeak
9 months ago#7
DartDragoon posted...
Hipster s*** with the developper as a self-insert character. Just looking at the game is revolting.

The game actually looks interesting due to the Earthbound, Paper Mario, Persona & Lufia 2 influences until you see the main character. He also over philsophizes all througout the game and acts just like a real life annoying hipster. This game is meant to be in the 90s though yet no one from the game looks like they're from the 90s. They look more like the modern day pansies you sometimes see in real life whenever they're not posting at twitter or facebook all day long.
http://www.paradisehotel51.com
(edited 9 months ago)

User Info: Jdiez1987

Jdiez1987
8 months ago#8
Game is awesome and pretty charming, if you ignore the fact that it’s about hipsters.
393465078 final fantasy Opera Omnia lvl 50 cloud max Lb crimson sword & Lv 45 crystal level.

User Info: SimplyAwesomeAJ

SimplyAwesomeAJ
8 months ago#9
DartDragoon posted...

This is actually untrue. The picture you're refering to was a cosplayer, not the developer.

As for the game itself, there really isn't much "hipster" about it, aside from the main character.

I'd be happy to answer any questions regarding the game, though.
3DS Friend Code: 0130-1969-6152

User Info: DartDragoon

DartDragoon
8 months ago#10
If you can tell me with a straight face that this looks good, I really don't know what to say: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwCKPhlyU5M

Dear god the MUSIC. It is honestly offensive to all senses. People we're telling the devs that the battle system was s*** and just not fun to play ever since the alpha, but the dude just went "You guys don't know what you're talking about, I'll tell you what is fun" and doubled down on it. So f*** him and this mess of a game.
PSN: AstroZombie29
Currently Playing: WoW, Hollow Knight, Dragon Quest XI
(edited 8 months ago)
  1. Boards
  2. YIIK: A Postmodern RPG
  3. Any news about this? Is this a very low budget thing?
  • Post New Message