• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Darkest Dungeon
  3. Saving heros by quitting to the dashboard.

User Info: vicil

vicil
2 years ago#1
Am I the only one who takes advantage of this? Impossible on PC? I imagine it's not the "true" Darkest Dungeon experience, but I figured this out right away. The autosave isn't nearly aggressive enough to save every action.
The mini pizzas / My favourite dish, any time / Share one? Tough request.

User Info: Arneb_Nihal

Arneb_Nihal
2 years ago#2
vicil posted...
Am I the only one who takes advantage of this? Impossible on PC? I imagine it's not the "true" Darkest Dungeon experience, but I figured this out right away. The autosave isn't nearly aggressive enough to save every action.

Nope, never did. But I imagine that doing it would make me lose interest in the game quickly.
"Unhappy is the land that breeds no hero."
"No, Andrea: Unhappy is the land that needs a hero"

User Info: Lord_Wombat

Lord_Wombat
2 years ago#3
I admit I've done it in XCom a lot when I was younger, but not once in DD.
I'm only abrasive to morons.
~GFaqs' Undisputed #1 DBFZ player~ Vegito/Kid Buu/[SSJ Goku or Gotenks] Not that you'd play.

User Info: vicil

vicil
2 years ago#4
Got the Iron Crown. Phew! I'm done. How long have I been playing this game, 2 months? More info on the save-scumming: it seems that whatever dice-rolls determine crits and dodges happen before you select an action. EG, if you roll a crit, that move will always crit on that turn. I've seen it while save scumming on torchless runs (where "surprise" you can die quite often). In addition to that, dice rolls are strangely rigid in sequence. EG, if you repeat a sequence of actions while save-scumming, you'll find that crits and dodges will happen in the same sequence. Perhaps one day, a PC gamer will make a mod that tells you exactly which actions will crit before you choose them.

However here's an interesting tip: Virtue/Affliction is truly random, so save-scumming can help you Virtue-scum without trinkets (though having the trinkets will really save you a bunch of resets). Endless Harvest is easy to cheese in this way.
The mini pizzas / My favourite dish, any time / Share one? Tough request.
  1. Boards
  2. Darkest Dungeon
  3. Saving heros by quitting to the dashboard.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A