• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: dbvirago

dbvirago
3 years ago#1
What a painful experience. I guess this must have been like when I first played Demon Souls, but I've been grinding through that series so long, it's second nature. Biggest problem with this game is the lack of detailed information anywhere. Lot's of Wikis with hints on what to do, but not how to do it. Still have no idea what I can use during battle vs rooms and how to use anything in inventory other than food and torches.

After the second dungeon, I finally figured out Stun, so I started over. Between that and good rolls of the dice, I'm doing better now, but still stumbling.

I think I'm going to be here for a long time.

User Info: Lord_Wombat

Lord_Wombat
3 years ago#2
Stick it out, it's well worth the time.
Slayer>Megadeth>Amon Amarth>Alice in Chains>Every other Metal band>Other Genres of music>A bagpipe full of cats>>>>Country music

dbvirago
3 years ago#3
I plan on it. Unless my stress level gets too high and I have a heart attack.

User Info: shawnmck

shawnmck
3 years ago#4
Also, the game can be extremely difficult (especially in med & long dungeons) and can seem intimidating at times. The more you learn about this game (discover what works & what doesn't), the game does become easier. That's not to say that it gets easy, but rather, you'll find it less frustrating and it becomes more fun.

Learn that the Heroes you get from the stagecoach are expendable. If a Hero dies or becomes so damaged, then replace it. There is a reason why the Heroes from the stagecoach are limitless.

Also, its okay to retreat if you feel that you are facing an unwinnable situation. You'll lose gold & maybe some Heroes, but losing ALL your group is worse.

Certain Heroes & skills work better in certain areas and against certain enemies & bosses than others. Finding a good team to explore certain dungeons will make it easier and will mean more rewards. Finding a good strategy that works for you is part of the game.

Learn what each curio does, and what you need to interact with them. In any dungeon there is an object that you can react to by placing in an item. Putting in the right item can have huge benefits. Certain curios will even remove a negative quirk. Some will give you needed supplies, and so on. All these little things add up.

here is a wiki site that I like using, and it is full of helpful information....

https://darkestdungeon.gamepedia.com/Darkest_Dungeon_Wiki

There are also some boss videos on youtube that help defeating any boss.

User Info: shawnmck

shawnmck
3 years ago#5
Another thing you can do is head over to youtube and do a search for "Darkest Dungeon Tips For Beginners"...and you'll get plenty of options (some are better than others). Some of them do feature very helpful tips and strategies.

dbvirago
2 years ago#6
Thanks. Took a few runs before I learned to retreat. Goes against 30 years of RPG playing.

Another thing I finally figured out is to send some cannon fodder in to grab some quick gold.

got a few level 1 player, 1 or 2 lvl 2 and 1 lvl 3. Still haven't completed a boss or a medium mission.

This is going to be a long haul

User Info: Lord_Wombat

Lord_Wombat
2 years ago#7
Keep it up with the updates :)
Slayer>Megadeth>Amon Amarth>Alice in Chains>Every other Metal band>Other Genres of music>A bagpipe full of cats>>>>Country music

User Info: Obie79

Obie79
2 years ago#8
It's painful that site is very helpful

dbvirago
2 years ago#9
Still slowly but surely building up a few characters. I've begun to not worry too much about negative quirks. I'm not sure it's possible to have anyone you use very long that doesn't have negative quirks. I did finally learn to read the first panel after you leave a dungeon. Free healing is great.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A