• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma Online
  3. DDON contains Gran Soren?

User Info: Sladent

Sladent
3 years ago#1
Hey guys, this is my first post here so wish me luck! Is it just me , or in trailer 3 does Gran Soren appear? It's just that this image comes after he main trailer, as if it's a mysterious epilogue. 1.30 into the trailer, up to the end. Link posted below. Is it Gran Soren???
Ps. Sorry, it won't let me post a link. Type "Dragons Dogma Online, Trailer 3" into Google and it's the first trailer at 1 minutes 30 seconds in

User Info: prince_nagash

prince_nagash
3 years ago#2
I'm going to take a look at this.

prince_nagash
3 years ago#3
Not sure if it's Gran Soren. Need to see more. Looks tall though. I thought Gran Soren was more wide.

User Info: Askeladd

Askeladd
3 years ago#4
It is not Gran Soren. GS isn't nestled in mountains.
TWSS hes speken end the wenner es E. There cen enle be ene.
"If it can fit in a Pokeball it can fit in a Gatorade bottle. I'mma catch it." NobleRoar

User Info: lordofthenlpple

lordofthenlpple
3 years ago#5
I actually woulding mind if they inserted Gran Soren into the game
http://english.cri.cn/mmsource/images/2009/07/06/4220xtylnliuye4.jpg
Knights of Sidonia

User Info: Sera67

Sera67
3 years ago#6
DDO takes place in a new world, new story. The world we know of Gran Soren and and such does not exist for DDO.

Certain concepts of Arisens and Pawns, Vocations and such carry over. A new game pretty much, and better then Dark Arisen so far.

Much of known story for DDO revolves around Old Dragon granting you Arisen Status, and asking for your aid in a matter.
One of Main Enemies of game known so far are the Orc's pictured thru out videos and site.
Playing: GTA:O PSN: Sera67
Capcom Moderator: Yuffie

User Info: Hash062

Hash062
3 years ago#7
Reused assets everywhere.

prince_nagash
3 years ago#8
It makes me a tiny bit sad knowing that my arisen isn't super special, and that he'd only be one of the many in the same world.

In the first one, there was only one arisen at a time to combat Grigori, although multiple arisen can exist at once over the span of time depending on their (bad) choices.

User Info: Sera67

Sera67
3 years ago#9
prince_nagash posted...
It makes me a tiny bit sad knowing that my arisen isn't super special, and that he'd only be one of the many in the same world.

In the first one, there was only one arisen at a time to combat Grigori, although multiple arisen can exist at once over the span of time depending on their (bad) choices.

Well, During your time frame, Grigori has taken several hearts. So Several Arisen can exist at once for that World.
Grigori himself has Your heart, Duke's, and Dragon Forged, Dragon forge himself has meet Duke and several other Arisen(and admits not all seek him out) . None which have beat Grigori since Savan did.

So Several Arisen do exist in your world.

I'm being kinda vague with DDO story, cause... its more fun to hear voices and story yourself 1st time.

=3

Reused assets everywhere.

To be fair, DUH....
#1, It saves them time,
#2, We asked them to keep many of armors and weapons and styles.

Also.. They created a insane amount of map assests, equipment, weapons, new spell animations, character animations. Once you see some of new areas, towns, You will not feel like its reused. =D

It feels like a new, but keeps the Dark Arisen feel of game-play that we love.
Playing: GTA:O PSN: Sera67
Capcom Moderator: Yuffie
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma Online
  3. DDON contains Gran Soren?
  • Topic Archived