[Discussion] G4 vs TS Luffy

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. One Piece Treasure Cruise
  3. [Discussion] G4 vs TS Luffy

User Info: kenGarff

kenGarff
8 months ago#1
What are your thoughts on this?
I'm sure this have been discussed before but what are your thoughts now?
Both are obviously tremendously good and comparable with each other...at least in my eyes.

Just curious since we may get G4 in the anniversary...maybe.

User Info: GreatKiraLord

GreatKiraLord
8 months ago#2
This is hard to say because they are on par with each other. I don't know about others but I actually think G4 and TSL are the top 2 units that are SLIGHTLY better than the likes of Akainu and Neko in JP at the moment.

Now, here's what many may trash me for. If I had to absolutely choose to say one is better than the other...I MAY say G4...in optimal teams (I find G4 teams a little harder to make than Luffy...when trying to fully optimize...in paper lol). But TSL has one thing major over G4: consistency. G4 is a high-risk-high-reward unit and if you don't dash out amazing results when you need to, you're going to be in trouble.

I don't think anyone can say one is the definite superior to the other but I think most will give the edge to TSL for most scenarios. I do believe G4 will be the better of the two in the next few months though as I think the devs are going to promote the crap out of G4.

User Info: Jaykay197

Jaykay197
8 months ago#3
I don't play JP, but i think people prefer TSLuffy for now because he has better subs. The difference isn't that big tho, they are both top tier.

But if i ever pull one i will use him as G4. I mean, it's G4, he's too awesome :D

User Info: infinitexx

infinitexx
8 months ago#4
Even given equal subs, I personally like TSL more for the constant DR rather than large DR on burst turns when you tend to be killing things anyway.
You can't make an omelette without crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning.

User Info: RelaxKnight

RelaxKnight
8 months ago#5
I like G4, If you mess up with your initial burst, you have 56% DMG resistance for three turns. I'm assuming they stack up, since there are two G4 Luffy, you can get up to about 75% DMG resistance.

You would have to take about 85000 DMG to die, if your health was a little over 23000.
OPTC Global: Dobooty Gang 439,841,220. Maxed Socket/Special All Raid Units.
Royic Pokemon List: http://tinyurl.com/RK-sList

User Info: Jaykay197

Jaykay197
8 months ago#6
RelaxKnight posted...
I like G4, If you mess up with your initial burst, you have 56% DMG resistance for three turns. I'm assuming they stack up, since there are two G4 Luffy, you can get up to about 75% DMG resistance.

You would have to take about 85000 DMG to die, if your health was a little over 23000.

I read somewhere that with both G4's and colo Chin Jao specials up you can reduce damage by 97% or something, insane :)

User Info: Hecubusx22

Hecubusx22
8 months ago#7
Both are amazing but I think TS Luffy has better support units overall (2x orb and 1.75/2x type boosters)

TS luffy is also better at stalling for normal runs.

Right now I give the edge to TS Luffy but it could easily swing the other way if fighters get more versatile units in the future.

I luckily have both and tend to use TS Luffy more because it is just safer.
  1. Boards
  2. One Piece Treasure Cruise
  3. [Discussion] G4 vs TS Luffy

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived