• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Friday the 13th: The Game
  3. Best Strategy for Vanessa Trolls?
KurtHectic 1 year ago#1
What are some tips to get rid of annoying Vanessa trolls when playing as Jason?

Base Vanessas aren't that bad. I'm talking about *those* Vanessas. You know, the high level Vanessa players who aren't interested in helping their fellow counselors with objectives. Rather, all they aim to do is showboat by juking Jason and wasting time?

I was up against one of these Vanessa trolls the other day. Killed all the other counselors except for this one. Here's what made this Vanessa especially annoying: Never ran out of stamina, grabbed her twice and got pocket knifed both times, hopped through broken windows like nobody's business, and sponged 3 throwing knives in a row without slowing down.

Normally I go 8/8 as Jason, but this Vanessa made me want to chuck my controller at the wall.

I want to 'git gud' against Vanessa trolls.
Keep pressure on. Lot of jasons wont use morph to make up ground.

Knife duping is problematic but they can only do it when they are injured.

Spray/animation canceling is annoying.

I leave annoying vanessas for last. Eventually they will run out of heals. Pressure pressure pressure.
Perhaps the world is not made. Perhaps nothing is made. A clock without a craftsman. It's too late. Always has been. Always will be. Too late
KurtHectic 1 year ago#3
I normally do use morph, since I main as Part 6 Jason.

This particular Vanessa stayed inside a cabin and just ran around. Whenever I tried to use morph to get closer she'd run in random directions and duck back behind a chair each time. I kept the pressure on but she would never run out of stamina.

What do you mean by knife duping, just out of curiosity?
Knife duping / infinite pocket knives.

ive never seen anyone with infinite stamina. But Ive had people that ive had to get... tricky with. Do you use stalk a lot?
Perhaps the world is not made. Perhaps nothing is made. A clock without a craftsman. It's too late. Always has been. Always will be. Too late
KurtHectic 1 year ago#5
FightingJester posted...
Knife duping / infinite pocket knives.

Ah, gotcha.

ive never seen anyone with infinite stamina. But Ive had people that ive had to get... tricky with. Do you use stalk a lot?

Yes I do.

1. Boards
  2. Friday the 13th: The Game
  3. Best Strategy for Vanessa Trolls?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A