• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Friday the 13th: The Game
  3. How the hell are you supposed to get the 1000 matches as Jason achievement?
MasterMoron 2 years ago#1
Okay, the 1000 matches as counselor achievement while I am no where close to achieving it at least seems possible if you play this game a lot. I mean, you have a 7 out of 8 shot at being a counselor so if you play this game 1000 times you're probably going to be pretty close to this achievement. But, 1000 online matches as Jason? You only have a 1 out of 8 shot at being Jason so even if you play this game 1000 times you're probably going to come no where close to getting this achievement. I mean, since you are obviously going to play Jason much less than the counselors they should have reduced the achievement accordingly and made you only have to play 200 matches as Jason or something. What were they thinking requiring you to play the same amount of matches as Jason as the counselors?
ive played since release. its my last achievement. sitting at 80%

its brutal. but boostable.
Perhaps the world is not made. Perhaps nothing is made. A clock without a craftsman. It's too late. Always has been. Always will be. Too late
You can do it in private matches but it's not really worth it.
Did you ever hear The Tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise?
MasterMoron 2 years ago#4
FightingJester posted...
ive played since release. its my last achievement. sitting at 80%

its brutal. but boostable.

Yeah, but to boost it you need another player who is willing to just let you kill them 1000 times. Of course, the obvious solution is to take turns and swap who gets to be Jason every 5 or 10 matches, but then that makes an already ridiculous achievement even more ridiculous. I mean, each match takes about 2 minutes. So, you can get through 30 matches in an hour, which is 3% of the achievement. It will take a ridiculously long time to do, but it at least seems doable. However, if you're swapping every 5 matches you can cut that number in half, so you're getting 1.5% of the achievement done every hour. That's 75 hours of just alternating killing and being killed. More than 3 full days with no sleep just to get this achievement. Who has time for that? I really wish there was a way to skip the opening and ending cut scenes. That would probably half the amount of time.
mpetrochuk 1 year ago#5
I got it after 2 yrs ofsteady playing. Only playing random online games, never “achievement hunting” but just playing real games. Only game I’ve ever platinumed.

I am am ashamed to look at my hrs of logged playtime, lol.
mpetrochuk posted...
I got it after 2 yrs ofsteady playing. Only playing random online games, never “achievement hunting” but just playing real games. Only game I’ve ever platinumed.

I am am ashamed to look at my hrs of logged playtime, lol.
Cant be that bad.

Ive got 2500 or so
Perhaps the world is not made. Perhaps nothing is made. A clock without a craftsman. It's too late. Always has been. Always will be. Too late
(edited 1 year ago)
MasterMoron 1 year ago#7
I eventually found someone to boost the achievement. I played five games as Jason, then he played five games as Jason. It took about two months.
  1. Boards
  2. Friday the 13th: The Game
  3. How the hell are you supposed to get the 1000 matches as Jason achievement?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A