You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Friday the 13th: The Game
  3. People still don't use mics or stay in party chat...

User Info: DouglasQuade

DouglasQuade
4 weeks ago#11
sky_byte posted...
Granted most of the magic and thrill is gone, but for one, immersion.

For another...quite frankly I don't like listening to gamers talk. Particularly in this game. They're either kids, nerds/geek, or just talk about incredibly mundane things.

Lastly, I play this game to either escape Jason, or to slaughter everything in sight. For the later, I don't need a mic. For the former, I play as Tiffany, and I just ferry parts/try to fix stuff, and survive til the end.

I can't stand when you're in a lobby for 2-3 games and nobody has a mic, but then a woman comes in the room and then everyone miraculously has mics.
Last Resort in Venusville is my spot!
DouglasQuade posted...
sky_byte posted...

For another...quite frankly I don't like listening to gamers talk. Particularly in this game. They're either kids, nerds/geek, or just talk about incredibly mundane things.

Lastly, I play this game to either escape Jason, or to slaughter everything in sight. For the later, I don't need a mic. For the former, I play as Tiffany, and I just ferry parts/try to fix stuff, and survive til the end.

I can't stand when you're in a lobby for 2-3 games and nobody has a mic, but then a woman comes in the room and then everyone miraculously has mics.

Lmfao. So true.....

I will say I’m one of those guilty of not using a mic or only staying in party chat. The reason is I just can’t stand how annoying some people are....especially those awkward people who are trying their hardest to be funny.

User Info: Ma1ikii

Ma1ikii
4 weeks ago#13
Although it certainly helps, a mic isn't NEEDED. Most of the time, if I need a counselor for something, I'll just flicker the flashlight and they'll know what's up.
Anyways, thanks for reading this everybody!
Have a spectacular day!

DouglasQuade
4 weeks ago#14
Ragingdemon2000 posted...
DouglasQuade posted...
sky_byte posted...

Lmfao. So true.....

I will say I’m one of those guilty of not using a mic or only staying in party chat. The reason is I just can’t stand how annoying some people are....especially those awkward people who are trying their hardest to be funny.

The young loud kids are who get me annoyed. I just have to mute them!

User Info: sky_byte

sky_byte
4 weeks ago#15
Ma1ikii posted...
Although it certainly helps, a mic isn't NEEDED. Most of the time, if I need a counselor for something, I'll just flicker the flashlight and they'll know what's up.

This. If I see Tommy come on the board, and I don't think he's a complete idiot, I'll start heading toward the sweater.

I think mics are only needed for really advanced tactics, like if you wanna start both cars at the same time, or somebody fixes the phone while somebody else starts a car to force Jason to make a choice.
*Gasp* "This has to be the most beautiful place in the universe...
Ok, give me the bomb."
(edited 4 weeks ago)

DouglasQuade
4 weeks ago#16
sky_byte posted...
Ma1ikii posted...

This. If I see Tommy come on the board, and I don't think he's a complete idiot, I'll start heading toward the sweater.

I think mics are only needed for really advanced tactics, like if you wanna start both cars at the same time, or somebody fixes the phone while somebody else starts a car to force Jason to make a choice.

So they add radios and radio perks in game just for an aesthetic bonus?

Haha

User Info: goofoff06

goofoff06
4 weeks ago#17
I just figure most of the people who use mics went to private lobbies only. Most of the time when I looked they list "mic only" as requirement on them.

Quick play is usually either completely silent or has a little kid screaming. Given the choice I prefer silence over kid screaming though.

User Info: sky_byte

sky_byte
4 weeks ago#18
DouglasQuade posted...
sky_byte posted...
Ma1ikii posted...

Haha

I mean we don't really wanna go that route, cause some perks are lame, and some of the negatives make them not even worth it.
*Gasp* "This has to be the most beautiful place in the universe...
Ok, give me the bomb."

DouglasQuade
4 weeks ago#19
sky_byte posted...
DouglasQuade posted...
sky_byte posted...
Ma1ikii posted...

Haha

I mean we don't really wanna go that route, cause some perks are lame, and some of the negatives make them not even worth it.

That's why you gotta roll until you get a nice perk!

User Info: RP_Grump

RP_Grump
3 weeks ago#20
I probably haven't used a mic in a public lobby since 2009. People are just s*** talking or are dumbass kids - neither of which I'd like to listen to. I've seen a few friends stream this game and alas, it's the same story in this game's matches.
  1. Boards
  2. Friday the 13th: The Game
  3. People still don't use mics or stay in party chat...