• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Friday the 13th: The Game
  3. Part 3 Jason + Machete = Unstoppable Killing Machine

User Info: Somethin_Cool

Somethin_Cool
2 months ago#11
Lol leave him alone guys. He finally stopped using pt 9... 😆
Killing Jasons since 1989

User Info: Ite

Ite
2 months ago#12
b_west3 posted...
Lmao I thought Jason needed a buff or the counselors needed a nerf?

This.

User Info: Darkside_Hazuki

Darkside_Hazuki
2 months ago#13
All braindead Fortnite children just play Part 4.

OGs still play Part 2.

Competitive people who are total d***s on the mic play Part 8.

Weird dude bros play Retro Part 3.

Women love Part 5 Jason, it's gotta be the blue.
"This is what makes a legend!" - Terry, KoF '99
RE Outbreak/PSN: Stick_Breitling; Metal Gear Online: Gabe LOGAN

User Info: sky_byte

sky_byte
2 months ago#14
Darkside_Hazuki posted...
Women love Part 5 Jason, it's gotta be the blue.

Not to mention he is the only one who is reasonably attractive behind the mask.
*Gasp* "This has to be the most beautiful place in the universe...
Ok, give me the bomb."

User Info: ToyMachin3

ToyMachin3
1 month ago#15
2 is okay if only for the traps and quick morph on top of running crutch. He's fun to use when you wanna harass counselors.

3 is pure fun, regardless of what weapon you use. The all-around Jason, average people use him and think they're good at Jason.

4 is just a pick that guarantees Jason being able to make quick use of cabin hideouts and chasing Vanessa/Tiffany a bit easier. Hard to mitigate his morph if you don't know what the counselors are doing.

5 is the best stalker in the game (9 puts up a good fight), you use him to make peiple piss their pants in terror when you pop up in front of them inside a cabin or around a corner. I always sweep lobbies with this guy, ugly af under the mask tho, green all the way baby!

6 is my personal favorite, with the shish-kebab kill. Nothing like watching the terror in their eyes as they slide down that steel graveyard pole. His sense, shift and knives are just a perfect complement to my playstyle.

7 was always low tier for me, but since his buff, I've liked using him just to challenge myself. Hard to use, but when you sweep a lobby with him, the salt is f***ing delicious.

8 is another one of my favorites. A shiny door breakin' murdering machine. s***ty sense and shift but you deal with it by being able to make cabins your b****.

9, I hate 9. He's hard for me to use since his sense is s***. I'm deaf, so audible clues are a no-go for me, his shift is good but doesn't make up for his s***ty morph and sense. Fun to use when you want a challenge as Jason.

Savini, fun to use, I keep the pitchfork on him since you can't put it on anyone else. Good shift, bad water movement. A better part 4 if you know how to play. Highly recommend if you haven't played as him, to play as him!
Atoms or systems into ruin hurl'd,
And now a bubble burst, and now a world.

User Info: zactschp2

zactschp2
1 month ago#16
I thought the weapons more or less just differed aesthetically. Do they have different strengths/weaknesses? Not that it really matters for me as I am a long ways away from getting to level 135.

User Info: zactschp2

zactschp2
1 month ago#17
Darkside_Hazuki posted...
Weird dude bros play Retro Part 3.

Or those of us who grew up playing the NES game...

User Info: ToyMachin3

ToyMachin3
1 month ago#18
zactschp2 posted...
I thought the weapons more or less just differed aesthetically. Do they have different strengths/weaknesses? Not that it really matters for me as I am a long ways away from getting to level 135.

Just aesthetics, all the respective perks on each Jason stay put regardless of weapon used. You get to choose the signature kills for whatever weapon you equip, shears on part 8? You can use the vein slash (I forget the name).
Atoms or systems into ruin hurl'd,
And now a bubble burst, and now a world.

User Info: SlightlySychotic

SlightlySychotic
1 month ago#19
zactschp2 posted...

Range, mostly. I suspect spear-type weapons have slightly lower damage outputs and one-handed weapons higher ones but I’ve never seen any numbers to back it. One-handed weapons (like the machete) also have faster destruction animations.

Small things, though.
Sychotic Quote for the Whenever: "Schadenfreude is an ugly thing but, then, I'm not a particularly attractive man."

User Info: Somethin_Cool

Somethin_Cool
1 month ago#20
SlightlySychotic posted...
zactschp2 posted...

Range, mostly. I suspect spear-type weapons have slightly lower damage outputs and one-handed weapons higher ones but I’ve never seen any numbers to back it. One-handed weapons (like the machete) also have faster destruction animations.

Small things, though.

No. Every weapon does the same damage based on the Jason. +weapon strength Jason's (3,4,7,Savini) do more melee damage than other Jason's (2,5,6,8,9). Has nothing to do with which weapon they're using. Plus they're all one handed weapons. The destruction animations are more or less the same...
Killing Jasons since 1989
  1. Boards
  2. Friday the 13th: The Game
  3. Part 3 Jason + Machete = Unstoppable Killing Machine
  • Topic Archived