• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Friday the 13th: The Game
  3. So how would you handle it ?

User Info: Ragingdemon2000

Ragingdemon2000
2 months ago#1
I prefer playing as Jason and can usually get a clean sweep with no people escaping. I’m hovering around level 100 so I have quite a few Jason matches under my belt... Been fortunate not to run into too many coordinated teams until....tonight lol.

Ran into a full squad of people communicating on mic who’s sole purpose was to kill me. Couple of Vanessa’s In the group as well. Damn it was frustrating. After a ton of time wasted and a whole lot of effort, I managed to kill 6 of 8. The last two alive being the sweater holder and tommy. At which point it basically became a stand off. My mask was off and they wouldn’t separate at all...Tried a couple of tries with stalk but it never panned out.

Lol should I just been satisfied with the 6 of 8...or is there any other strategy that can be used in the same situation ?

User Info: sky_byte

sky_byte
2 months ago#2
I'd suggest morphing out, then try to stalk/shift grab them at that point. Basically what is called snipe grab. Don't take them straight on, especially if your mask is off.
*Gasp* "This has to be the most beautiful place in the universe...
Ok, give me the bomb."

sky_byte
2 months ago#3
For some reason edit is not working, so to clarify:

First I would equip a quick grab kill so they can't break up your grabs with an attack. I think one handed choke works best, cause its not hampered by space or terrain. It's not flashy, but quick and effective. Be prepared to spam it as soon as you grab them.

Morph out far away. This serves two purposes. One, to take them by surprise. And two, your morph will recharge as you head back towards them. This will make it ready again in case you fail your shift grab.

Put sense up, so you can see their infared. And stalk right before you go into shift.
Ok, give me the bomb."

User Info: Ragingdemon2000

Ragingdemon2000
2 months ago#4
Thanks...Yea I knew it was going to be a rough match as soon as I saw mostly everyone with mics and saw everyone sticking together refusing to spread out. Lol. Then a minute into the match Someone has a sweater...

I tried to stalk and shift multiple
Times. Seemed like the pocket knives were endless. Plus kept getting stunned every time I did get a grab off cause Tommy and Vanessa wouldn’t spread out. The mask being off is what changed everything for me. Had to just play so defensive ...It was by far the hardest Jason match I played lol. Enough to get me to comptemplate retirement and stick to playing as counselors.lol

User Info: Mortainous28

Mortainous28
2 months ago#5
You handled it about as good as anyone could have in that situation. When your mask is off and you have a Tommy and Sweater girl that know how to play and stick together your options are limited when it comes to trying to NOT get killed.

I would have picked up every throwing knife I could have every time I morphed away. If you are good at throwing them ( I am not the best) you can kill or eat away at their health sprays, obviously target the sweater girl.

But yeah, stalk>shift>grab> morph>repeat until you can get the kill animation off..
Believe those who are seeking the truth; doubt those who find it.

User Info: jdclanc11

jdclanc11
2 months ago#6
Take your beating like a man.
War. War never changes.

sky_byte
2 months ago#7
Ragingdemon2000 posted...
Seemed like the pocket knives were endless.

They do seem endless sometimes. Supposedly there's only four that spawn on a map + Tommy's, but I highly suspect its 4 that will randomly generate in a drawer and a couple that will spawn at campsites. Being patient is really the only thing you can do.

Mortainous28 posted...
I would have picked up every throwing knife I could have every time I morphed away. If you are good at throwing them ( I am not the best) you can kill or eat away at their health sprays, obviously target the sweater girl.

Related:

What's the distance on throwing knives? This sounds like a good strategy, but the distance seems to be pretty short.
Ok, give me the bomb."

User Info: IloveJesus

IloveJesus
2 months ago#8
sky_byte posted...

They do seem endless sometimes. Supposedly there's only four that spawn on a map + Tommy's, but I highly suspect its 4 that will randomly generate in a drawer and a couple that will spawn at campsites. Being patient is really the only thing you can do.

Mortainous28 posted...

Related:

What's the distance on throwing knives? This sounds like a good strategy, but the distance seems to be pretty short.

The distance is actually fairly good once you work out that they fly in an arc, not straight. Over distance you have to compensate for this by throwing upwards.
Jesus loves us. It only seems fair to love him back.

sky_byte
2 months ago#9
IloveJesus posted...
The distance is actually fairly good once you work out that they fly in an arc, not straight. Over distance you have to compensate for this by throwing upwards.

Cool, I didn't know that. Like there have been times when I am certain I hit somebody with a knife, and they weren't too far away, but the hit didn't register.
Ok, give me the bomb."

User Info: SirMang

SirMang
2 months ago#10
sky_byte posted...

They do seem endless sometimes. Supposedly there's only four that spawn on a map + Tommy's, but I highly suspect its 4 that will randomly generate in a drawer and a couple that will spawn at campsites..

3 + Tommy
  1. Boards
  2. Friday the 13th: The Game
  3. So how would you handle it ?
  • Topic Archived