• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Friday the 13th: The Game
  3. How scary do you find this game?

User Info: lightningxiii-2

lightningxiii-2
2 months ago#1
Topic.
My dearest beloved Light, you will remain my love for eternity...
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/1482-horror-games

User Info: sky_byte

sky_byte
2 months ago#2
I found it pretty scary when I first started playing it. Like I would get really nervous when Jason's music would start up.

After playing a while, I have sadly lost my immersion. Just feels like another game now where I'm not trying to avoid being killed by a maniac, but I'm trying to be gud at the game.

That being said: when Jason's around, it's still scarier than any horror movie you'll watch. Like the new Halloween for instance.
*Gasp* "This has to be the most beautiful place in the universe...
Ok, give me the bomb."

User Info: SlightlySychotic

SlightlySychotic
2 months ago#3
It gets less scary the more you play. Realizing the ambient music and sound queues don’t mean anything takes a bunch of the fear out of the game. Still get a chuckle when someone new drops down to a crouch thinking Jason is nearby when there’s no music playing. However, a good Jason can still scare the absolute crap out of you. Activating Stalk and waiting inside a building can get a good reaction. 😀
Sychotic Quote for the Whenever: "Schadenfreude is an ugly thing but, then, I'm not a particularly attractive man."

User Info: sky_byte

sky_byte
2 months ago#4
SlightlySychotic posted...
However, a good Jason can still scare the absolute crap out of you. Activating Stalk and waiting inside a building can get a good reaction. 😀

Shame you can't really RP the game as Jason. In most horror movies, the killer doesn't spend all his time chasing down victims. He'll hide in wait for them and ambush them. Really hard to do that here cause of the music cues, unless you're using stalk, and even that's limited. The challenge mode is decent for that at least.
*Gasp* "This has to be the most beautiful place in the universe...
Ok, give me the bomb."

User Info: hungrymike

hungrymike
2 months ago#5
It's not really scary so much as thrilling, my heart pounds when the chase is on

User Info: Gemini_Red

Gemini_Red
2 months ago#6
Nevet found it scary, really. It can get tense, like when I'm the last counselor against a good Jason. Never was scared, though. Scared others thanks to stalk, but havent been caught off guard by that yet.

User Info: Locutis13

Locutis13
2 months ago#7
hungrymike posted...
It's not really scary so much as thrilling, my heart pounds when the chase is on

This. The only scary stuff is the occasional jump scare.
"With great power, comes great chicks, and money!" -The Coon

User Info: ThisIsMyUsernam

ThisIsMyUsernam
2 months ago#8
Not at all.
"Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Plagueis The Wise?"

User Info: Ma1ikii

Ma1ikii
2 months ago#9
I use to be scared when I first started playing, and when I get scared, I get serious and easily frustrated.

Nowadays I don't really find it scary at all, I actually run after Jason to willingly fight him sometimes.
Anyways, thanks for reading this everybody!
Have a spectacular day!

User Info: BreadSilence

BreadSilence
2 months ago#10
Not scary at all. Just fun. Just like the movies: Fun, but never was scary.
Formerly known as Chester Z. Arthur
Most recently watched movie: The Blair Witch Project (1999) Rating: 2/5
  1. Boards
  2. Friday the 13th: The Game
  3. How scary do you find this game?
  • Topic Archived