What would you like to see in a sequel?

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Friday the 13th: The Game
  3. What would you like to see in a sequel?

User Info: RaidenGarai

RaidenGarai
5 days ago#1
Larry Zerner mentioned wanting to see a big budget sequel to this game once the lawsuit was over and an agreement is made between Sean and Victor, which got me thinking. What would everybody like to see in a sequel to this game?

I think we can all agree on more polish and less bugs/glitches, so beside that.

I doubt they'd keep the core gameplay intact, but I really enjoy that so I would hope they don't change things too much.

I would love to see more use of the environment. As mentioned in the topic about running around the table, Jason should be able to destroy more objects than just doors and walls. I'd like to see him be able to break a couch, or a table, or really anything in his path.

I'd also really like to see crossplay. If I have the choice between console and PC I'll always take PC since I trade in consoles eventually and like to always have access to my games (especially one that I've enjoyed as much as this), but playing on PC means I don't get to play with many people on the board here. Having crossplay would be a great way to fix that. Maybe with a bigger budget or the backing of a bigger publisher they'd be able to pull something like that off.
FFBE IGN Raiden. Whatever I have that best fits the current content (except Basch)
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/1469-final-fantasy-brave-exvius-oasis

User Info: sky_byte

sky_byte
5 days ago#2
Really, I can't think of much that couldn't be added to this game without a great degree of development. As much flack as it gets, it's a testament to how thorough this game is. On the flip side, its also a testament to how many fixes they should/could make.

With that in mind, I would like to see offline ability to play as counselors as challenges and against bot Jason.

Definitely would like to see jumping implemented for counselors, at least in a fair way that doesn't make them unreachable. There's no reason why I shouldn't be able to jump up to a window that's a little higher than your standard window. Or to jump over small ledges, rocks, etc.
*Gasp* "This has to be the most beautiful place in the universe...
Ok, give me the bomb."
(edited 5 days ago)

RaidenGarai
5 days ago#3
That's a good one! I would love better offline AI, and the ability to play as a counselor there. I'd spend hours playing with my Tiffany against the highest difficulty AI Jason.
FFBE IGN Raiden. Whatever I have that best fits the current content (except Basch)

User Info: Ite

Ite
5 days ago#4
There won't be a sequel.

RaidenGarai
5 days ago#5
Another thing I’d like to see is an in game reporting system, ideally something that could be easily used. I have no idea how easy it is on console, but on PC you apparently need to pull up a third party recording program and then send Gun the file.

If someone is trolling or helping Jason, it’d be so much easier to have something in place that lets you start recording right away and automatically sends the report to Gun post game, or after you log out of the game or leave the lobby (so the upload doesn’t mess with your lag time).

User Info: jdclanc11

jdclanc11
5 days ago#6
This game is exceptionally well designed just not well executed as indicated by all the bugs. I don’t want them to take suggestions from the communit I want them to apply all they have learned and make something even better.
War. War never changes.

RaidenGarai
5 days ago#7
jdclanc11 posted...
This game is exceptionally well designed just not well executed as indicated by all the bugs. I don’t want them to take suggestions from the communit I want them to apply all they have learned and make something even better.

While I think that would be ideal, knowing this community they would have to do some kind of update instead of just a polishing. People went ballistic over Uber Jason and stuff, so if they just release the same game as a sequel the torches and pitchforks would be out :(

User Info: SirMang

SirMang
4 days ago#8
I don't think there will ever be a sequel to be honest.

And how GUN has handled this game and the rest of their development history, even if there was a sequel and if they were behind it, I wouldn't buy it.

User Info: Ite

Ite
4 days ago#9
SirMang posted...
I don't think there will ever be a sequel to be honest.

And how GUN has handled this game and the rest of their development history, even if there was a sequel and if they were behind it, I wouldn't buy it.

Most people agree with you. Look on their Facebook account the majority of the people are pissed off at Gun.
(edited 4 days ago)

User Info: goofoff06

goofoff06
4 days ago#10
More unique maps (we only have 5 since the small versions of main 3 can hardly be called unique) they should aim for at least 10+.

More different items so about 90% of drawers aren't just empty, We should really have more than 5 items to look for in drawers.

More ways to escape.

Some quality of life changes for people without mics. Like being able to input voice or text commands for your char like "I have the fuse!" "I have the keys!" or being able to show other characters you have said item without just dropping it and hoping they notice.
  1. Boards
  2. Friday the 13th: The Game
  3. What would you like to see in a sequel?