You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Friday the 13th: The Game
  3. Virtual Cabin walkthrough!

User Info: Jennifer-072

Jennifer-072
4 months ago#1
Part 1:

When you load the Cabin for the first time, you’ll notice that when you move around, you can’t crouch or anything. So let’s fix that. By the door, you’ll see a computer. Go to it and activate it. You’ll see the following options: COUNSELOR DATABASE, CHANGE DATE, RESET VIRTUAL CABIN and CHECK FOR UPDATES. Select “CHECK UPDATES”, and it’ll ask you if you want to unlock the cabins beta features. You need a passcode. Type MOTHER and click enter on the keyboard to continue. You’ll get a screen that basically shows the updates. The primary ones we want is usage of the X and B buttons and usage of the telephone.

Now that we have access, take a look around. I went through and opened all of the doors. On the second floor, you’ll see a display on the wall of Jason’s masks. That’s our first puzzle. Go to that display and take ALL of the masks off. You’ll notice that the display is missing some masks. It’s up to us to find them. On the second floor, go into the second room on the left. It’s a kids room. Crouch down and walk into the tent. Inside will be a mask that we need. Take it, but leave the room open. We’ll be back here a couple more times. Next, go to the fireplace and crouch down. Some idiot decided to put a mask there. Take it. Now go to the corridor that leads to the kitchen and enter the first door on your right. It’ll have a wheelchair in the back right corner. Go to that chair and look in the box to your left. Grab the mask and leave the door open- we’ll be back. So now we should have a bunch of masks. Time to put them to use. Go back upstairs to the mask display. The trick here is to put the masks in order from Part 3 to Part 9, but there’s a twist: One of the masks does not belong there. (Hint: it’s the blue mask). Put the masks in order, leaving Part 5 out. When done correctly, you’ll hear a chime and the dresser next to you will open and reveal a patch. Take it. We need it for later.

The second puzzle is a bit tougher, but no worries. That’s why I’m here. Go downstairs and immediately turn to face the corridor and look left. See that diorama? Go up to it and take all the pieces. Next, go back to the wheelchair room. In the back left corner is another diorama. Go there and take those pieces. The final piece is down the corridor in the second room to your right in a box by the toilet. The trick here is that we have to recreate two scenes from the movies. So go back to the wheelchair diorama and try not to jump as a snake suddenly crosses your path. Don’t worry, it won’t get you. For this diorama, you want Ali on the far left, white pants Jason in the middle, and Chris on the right. Now go to the other diorama. Jessica goes on the left, blue Jason in the middle, Steven on the right. Drawer opens, grab the patch. Two down, two to go.

The third puzzle is easy enough. Remember how I said to leave the rooms open because you’ll go back to them? This is why. Go to the wheelchair room and to the right table with the police car on it. See the badge? Grab it. Lower bathroom has a bandana for you to grab. There’s a blue ball cap on the coat rack by the door. Grab it. Now go back to the kids room. There’s an armoire in the back right. Open it, make sure you don’t drop mud in your shorts, and then grab the yo-yo. Now to place them. Stay in the kids room and look by the door. See that pedestal? Badge goes there. Now leave the room and go into the one across the hall. There’s a pedestal there. Take the VHS and put the yo-yo there. Pedestal in the wheelchair room gets the red bandana. Now go into the kitchen, turn right and open the door. Go in and behind the door is the pedestal where you put the blue hat. Hey, another patch!

Final puzzle is easy. Go to the phone by the diorama and call 1-555-342-9277. YAY PATCH.

Go back to the kitchen and turn left. You’ll see a picture frame. Put the badges there and a secret door opens by you. Go down, answer the phone and that will end Part One!
My gravestone will read "I wanted to see what would happen." Or "I thought I would bounce."

Jennifer-072
4 months ago#2
Part 2:

When you load in, go to the computer and select CHANGE DATE. Change it to June 13, 1979. Now go down to the cellar and answer that damn phone. ITS NOT FUNNY, PAMELA. Now things go sideways. When you get control, go to that axe in the wall. Wait, who’s roaming upstairs? Let’s go see! Go upstairs and you’ll see a camper eating the stove. That can’t be good. Go into the corridor and prepare to maybe squeak a bit. Looks like Jason’s at it again. Follow him. Apparently it doesn’t pay to be in this cabin either. Check the rooms and go downstairs. The first door on your left in the corridor can now be accessed and well..yeah. Don’t chase the sound yet. Turn around and close the door. Sorry dude, we need your key. Take the key and head to the living room to see that Jason’s out and we can get out too.

Now you’re outside. Turn right and head to that shed. Use the key to get into the shed and take that shovel. Sorry, Triple H. We need to borrow it. Now turn around and follow the path to the stereo. See my earlier comment on it. Turn left at the stereo and there’s a fridge with a padlock. The passcode is 5312. Open the fridge and AW MAN. So grab the human happy meal Pamela. We need that. Now follow the path up a bit and you’ll see a opening to your left with a sign on it. You guessed it, we have to go in. Now this is a bit tricky and you might die. Walk in and go straight to the machete on the ground. See how it’s pointing? Walk in an EXACT STRAIGHT LINE. DO NOT DEVIATE. If done right, you’ll see a heart and an arrow. Follow the arrows pointing, STAYING STRAIGHT. Can’t stress that enough. If correct, you’ll find a glowing arrow. Follow its direction to the row of ducks, then follow them. If correct, you’ll arrive at a shallow grave. Time for some weekend satanism/graverobbing. Use the shovel to dig up the corpse and relieve muffin of that patch. You’ll reappear back on the path. Failure to adhere to the paths set will result in death and a restart of that clearing.

Now head up the path and break left towards the moon. You’ll come to Jason’s Cabin. Apparently we’re adding some B&E to our rap sheet. Go in and place Pamela’s head for some strange ass gratitude and another patch. Thanks, Mama....I guess?

For the final puzzle, go back down the path and enter the graveyard. Time to supersize our graverobbing. Walk in until you see the grave. Look right and you’ll see a fence post that doesn’t quite look right. We need that, so take it. Now go to the grave and dig that corpse up and open up that coffin for a nasty sight. Seems Jason’s sleeping and that won’t do at all. Use the fence post to do our best Tommy Jarvis and then get “killed” by Jason. When you get control, go to the grave. Hey, another patch. We need it.

Go back down to the campfire now so we can use these patches. And apparently everyone is dead. Yikes. Go down to the shore and there’ll be a gas can locked in a display that needs three patches that we happen to have. Trade up and go onto the dock. You should see a radio by a Lantern. LISTEN TO THE MESSAGE. IT IS VITAL. Once done, fill up the boat and let’s get the Hell out of here..or not?

Thus ends Part 2! But we’re not done yet, so reload the Cabin. You’ll notice that when the Cabin starts to load in green, you’ll see a weird red listing for VIRTUALCABINDEBUG.EXE. what could that mean?....
My gravestone will read "I wanted to see what would happen." Or "I thought I would bounce."

Jennifer-072
4 months ago#3
Part 3:

So yeah. Virtual Cabin Debug. Remember what that radio said about a code for debug? It was a famous code from childhood. There’s only one real famous code from childhood. KONAMI CODE TIME! using the dpad, punch in up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A. Looks like we’re in debug. Go down to MAP COLLISION and turn it ON. It’ll say “unknownError”. We want that. Next, turn SHOW COLLISION to ON, then select CLOSE DEBUG MENU. Now everything is slightly wireframe. Go to the wheelchair room and you’ll see a door that is glitching. What the Hell? Walk right into it and suddenly we’re not in Kansas anymore, Toto. Something isn’t right. You’ll see a radio, so use it and listen. We hear what we think is a prank, but it turns pretty dark quickly. Look left to see a patch floating in the air. Well...we’ve been collecting patches, so walk up to it and you’ll auto-grab it. Turn around and grab the other one and get ready to RIP your ears and suddenly watch the Cabin seemingly crash.

When the Cabin reloads, you’ll see it’s now an unstable build. Things are really going sideways. Proceed forward and follow the floating patches, grabbing them. DO NOT MISS ANY. It’s a trail. You’ll see the campers in various states of existence. Weird. As you get to the bottom of the stairs, you’ll see a guy come flying through the window. Well that’s just rude. Check him and then follow the trail of patches all the way to the cellar. The patches stop once you’re in the cellar, but note the two Jason’s on the left. They’re offering something. Take them IN ORDER. Once you’ve taken Part VII’s badge, turn around to face Part VIII. Walk over and get that last badge before you get choked out.

Cabin reloads, and follow the patches again. You’ll notice that ALL of the Jason’s are no longer in their cases. Not really relevant, but it is a good tension builder. Provided you collect ALL OF THE PATCHES, your path should take you upstairs to a door marked COMING SOON. Walk right into the door...

Wait where the f*** are we? This isn’t the Cabin. There’s a red flashing little thing on the floor and what looks to be a weird stethoscope on the ground. Huh. Go forward and the door will auto-open to...an airlock? Only one way to go. Pass through the airlock, turn right and there will be a futuristic computer you can interact with. Interact if you want. Isn’t really required. There’s one final door. Go to it and open it to have Uber-Jason himself kill you! The game says that the Cabin is completed and that Uber-Jason and Grendel map are coming soon. NOW you’re done! Congrats!

Now when you go back into the cabin, you can reset the cabin to its various states in the computer or even back to the beginning. If you didn’t pick up on it, the name Virtual Cabin is taken literally here: you were really sitting in that future room and the VC was a holographic experience. If you’ve seen the movie Jason X, you’ll know what I’m talking about. If not, go watch it.

Disclaimers: I will admit that I looked up solutions online to help me (mother passcode, Pamela Voorhees number, Morse code). YouTube has visual walkthroughs as well. So credit goes to them as well! That said, I wholly encourage you all to EXPLORE THE CABIN!! There are some really cool stories and Easter eggs!

Thanks for reading, and if you like this, sticky it!

I wrote this originally back last year on my other alt for the Xbox! Hopefully this gets some use for the new players!

User Info: RaidenGarai

RaidenGarai
4 months ago#4
Sticky requested, thanks!
FFBE IGN Raiden. Whatever I have that best fits the current content (except Basch)
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/1469-final-fantasy-brave-exvius-oasis

Jennifer-072
4 months ago#5
RE: The stereo

I just reread my faq here and I made mention of a stereo, but I forgot to elaborate, so here it is:

PART 2:

After escaping the cabin for the first time, you’ll see a stereo by a campfire and a car. If you walk up the path as if you were going to Pamela’s cabin, you’ll come across a downed sign on the right with a bunch of rocks set in a conspicuous manner. This is for the stereo. The stick is set at a certain area, and the rocks are meant to represent the red arrows on the radio dial. Go back to the stereo and tune in just past FM104, and you’ll hear a series of blips. Each blip set is meant to relay a code. First set will relay 5, second 3, third 1, last 2.

Now you should be caught up to my walkthrough!

User Info: c_yoder

c_yoder
4 months ago#6
The virtual cabin 2.0 (and offline bots) were released just a few weeks after I got the game. After completing the cabin, I realized I would have been happy to pay full price (I got it $15 discounted) for the content that was there. It's packed so full of trivia and easter eggs. Loads of fun for a fan of the series.
Now playing: Fallout: New Vegas
Now anticipating: The Last of Us Part II

Jennifer-072
4 months ago#7
c_yoder posted...
The virtual cabin 2.0 (and offline bots) were released just a few weeks after I got the game. After completing the cabin, I realized I would have been happy to pay full price (I got it $15 discounted) for the content that was there. It's packed so full of trivia and easter eggs. Loads of fun for a fan of the series.

@c_yoder yup! I got it way the offline bots were set up on Xbox one and my first thing was to play through the VC. A couple cool things you can do: Dial 1-555-SEA-2NYC (as found on the pamphlet upstairs), also the police station number.

I was very elated with the game back then and I still love it now.

User Info: troyboy81

troyboy81
4 months ago#8
and then you get to see the Jason X that we never get to use....
GameFAQs aka ComplaintFAQs aka TrollFAQs

Jennifer-072
4 months ago#9
troyboy81 posted...
and then you get to see the Jason X that we never get to use....

@troyboy81 I know :( Im disappointed as Hell by that.

Jennifer-072
4 months ago#10
Bump for new players!
  1. Boards
  2. Friday the 13th: The Game
  3. Virtual Cabin walkthrough!