You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Better Than Hellhole!
  3. "Why was my account just suspended?"

User Info: TaiIs82

TaiIs82
4 weeks ago#1
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/573081-hellhole/77394968

@The_Shard

Hi! You're receiving this message because your topic was locked on Hellhole. Feel free to keep it going here.

I would love to know the story behind this one.
Hero/Legend of 261. Lover of life,free speech,etc. http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1196-
The man who cared too much. Providing trickle-down knowledge since 2009

User Info: The_Shard

The_Shard
4 weeks ago#2
Well I can only speculate because no one is willing to give an explanation.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/2000393-nonstop-gaming-social/77388564#16

There's the topic. I have two possible theories.

1) Being on a new ip in a different location, I made a new account with the name Death2Thomassina. Thomasina is my main account. It's possible a mod may have seen that and thought someone was either impersonating me or making a threatening username directed at me.. That's the one that seems logical. I took to Hellhole and signed in with 2 of my accounts so mods could see my usermap, thinking they'd be able to see it's neither imping or threatening and possibly leave a note on the suspension.

There's been a flood of new accounts being banned on that board for reasons likely happening on another board. It's possible this account was thought to be part of that series of bans, but that would be seen on a usermap so...

2) I defended a scientist potentially sexually relieving a dolphin through masturbation for the purposes of science and treating the dolphin with dignity and respect. I expressed the unlikeliness that a scientist would be grossed out by a dolphin being relieved if the scientist had been studying and building a relationship with it and trying to communicate with it.

I also said animals are "relieved" for the sake of reproduction so it's not all that uncommon or gross. My post wasn't rude or explicit. I thought it was rather respectful and reasonable in favour of science and treatment of animals.

I can only guess. No reason is given when an account is suspended. I just want to know the reason. I didn't think my post was offensive at all in any way, so if it was suspected of impersonation it could have been addressed quite easily. Really dumb, imo.
Happy 10 year Anniversary of best game ever Mirror's Edge.

The_Shard
4 weeks ago#3
That was a really good name that I'd had in mind for quite a while. Shame to see it go over a misunderstanding and refusal to communicate.

Someone once said to me on that board "I'll leave when you're dead" when I asked him why he still posts despite hating the place. That was the inspiration for that name and I put it in my sig. Naturally it was not moderated.

User Info: gwwak

gwwak
4 weeks ago#4
Looks like that throws out the hey KoS theory if the alt was on usermap.
"His signature bothered me to the point I was willing to spend two dollars and twenty five cents." - r4X0r

The_Shard
4 weeks ago#5
When I signed into the account to read the ban notice the section "shares a computer with someone..." was bolded. I haven't seen a ban screen in ages but I assume the part that applies is bolded? I could be wrong.

Nonetheless I don't share a computer with anyone with recent bans.

The_Shard
4 weeks ago#6
Account Banned
Your GameFAQs Message Board account has been banned by an administrator. Accounts are banned for one of several specific reasons:

You received a moderation with a karma score of less than zero
You committed one or more severe Message Board Terms of Use violations
You abused message board, contribution, feedback, or other site forms (submitting plagiarized material, form flooding, abuse of mods/admins, etc)
You share a computer or an account with someone who was banned for one of the above reasons.
You were banned from another CBS Interactive site.
If you were banned for one of the first three reasons, then you more than likely already know exactly why you were banned.

If you were banned because you share a computer or account with a banned user, then bear in mind that it is completely impossible for GameFAQs to distinguish one person from another using the same computer. This is clearly stated in the Terms of Use and in several other places - Don't share your computer and don't share your account with anyone you don't completely trust.

Bans are final and permanent.

I can only assume they went through the motions without looking at or reading anything. There's no recent bans on my usermap. Maybe they thought my accounts were hacked? lol

What's doubly annoying is attempting to get an answer through indirect questions just racks up topic locks and moderations. "Don't ask about your moderations" is always the reply, despite how general I make the topic and question. Essentially, if you have an active moderation, you can not talk at all about that specific moderation group. So if you have suspension, you can't ask about the suspension process in general. I can and will make the exact same topic in the next month and it will be left open and possibly answered, but with an active moderation, it's off limits.

TaiIs82
4 weeks ago#7
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/573081-hellhole/77399011

Account ban companion topic, also locked.

I wonder how many of these mods would sign up for "rehabilitation over punishment" when it's for far worse crimes than giving an opinion on a message board. Including a least-favorite former mod of mine who said, give pedophiles a child sex robot and let 'em back out on the street. Meanwhile he was on here going after people for forum posts. Dunno how the cognitive dissonance gets explained for that one.
Hero/Legend of 261. Lover of life,free speech,etc. http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1196-

The_Shard
4 weeks ago#8
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/573081-hellhole/77399944

Message deleted for being off topic within the topic. How long has topicality existed for all topics on the site? Pretty sure it's bs from a megalomaniac mod who decides if he's locked your topic for no reason, then that also means don't ever try to talk about that on my board again.

I'd really like to hear from the individuals who think locking topics is some sort of resolution for people who have questions about what happened. Personally I think it's a powertrip to set people up to build up their moderations and get rid of them. I would imagine they get joy out of this abuse. What kind of person thinks this is the path to take? Why not just answer f***ing questions or stay off the board if you're not interested in helping?

TaiIs82
4 weeks ago#9
Maybe yoshifan can tell us about that one.

Why not just answer f***ing questions or stay off the board if you're not interested in helping?

But then they wouldn't feel big.

User Info: gwwak

gwwak
4 weeks ago#10
I recall if yoshifan does that, he will lose his modship for revealing mod only info.
"His signature bothered me to the point I was willing to spend two dollars and twenty five cents." - r4X0r
  1. Boards
  2. Better Than Hellhole!
  3. "Why was my account just suspended?"