• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Better Than Hellhole!
  3. "About the word "trap"

User Info: Ninetails82

Ninetails82
3 months ago#1
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/573081-hellhole/77251095

@pokedude900

Hi! You're receiving this message because your topic was locked by Error1355 on Hellhole. Feel free to keep it going here.

Error has a long history of defending some of the worst moderations, making him one of the worst mods imo. It's on display here, along with closing the topic down when questioned.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/10-ask-the-mods/75811162#2

One option is community boards - such as this one - that have looser rules as laid out in the post above. But it's far from a perfect solution, as you have to go off-board and I've found that mods sometimes bypass my own queue and step in to moderate things that were never even marked. So I think the solution is better moderators.

if they feel offended by it, then it's offensive, plain and simple. Meaning you should probably stop using it if you don't want to get modded.

So here we have a comment in support of the mods, and people still wonder why I say moderations are up to a mod's personal feelings. This is the kind of attitude that free speech advocates are up against. Personally I find it far more offensive for them to silence anything they personally dislike, based on something as narrow as "their feelings" (this also begs the question: why is it only their feelings that are followed, and no one else's? Sounds like discrimination to me). A feelings-based moderation system is inherently biased and one-sided, leading to decisions like these.

The archives only go back to 2011, but you get the idea. This policy of modding usage of the word started THIS WEEK.

They're Gamefaqs mods, so even though you have a massive archive of all the times something was allowed prior to the recent moderation, they are now gonna cling to their inconsistent moderation as if their lives depended on it.

You wouldn't mod people on the Zelda boards for talking about catching fairies, would you?

LOL but again, they're Gamefaqs mods, so.....
Tails82's alt. Modest nature. Likes to thrash about. Likes dry food.
Will not change this sig until I am lv. 82

User Info: gwwak

gwwak
3 months ago#2
Political correctness claims another victim.
Hardcore - We'll probably be modded for this...
Come visit The Range http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1003-

User Info: Lord_Wombat

Lord_Wombat
3 months ago#3
Ninetails82 posted...
The archives only go back to 2011, but you get the idea. This policy of modding usage of the word started THIS WEEK.

This is blatantly false, but looking at the dribble on this board I don't expect you to understand that.

But hey, you get to have pokedude here, he'll fit right in <_<
Do you like polls?? We have new ones every day: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/1475-always-making-polls
*Currently seeking poll makers and topic bumpers*

User Info: N64Pro

N64Pro
3 months ago#4
Lord_Wombat posted...
Ninetails82 posted...

This is blatantly false, but looking at the dribble on this board I don't expect you to understand that.

Look - either a wannabe mod or a mod alt! How surprising!

User Info: Ninetails82

Ninetails82
3 months ago#5
Hey, it's false just because he says it is. Sounds legit!
Tails82's alt. Modest nature. Likes to thrash about. Likes dry food.
Will not change this sig until I am lv. 82

User Info: Touya999

Touya999
3 months ago#6
N64Pro posted...
@Lord_Wombat posted...
Ninetails82 posted...

Nintendo switch fc : SW-3862-0989-2485
Smile, Sweet,Sister,Sadistic,Surprise,Service.This is Low /(_) Tier (/_\)God <(_)>

User Info: Lord_Wombat

Lord_Wombat
3 months ago#7
@N64Pro posted...
Lord_Wombat posted...
Ninetails82 posted...

Who in the blue hell are you, and why should I give the slightest of s***s about your asinine assumptions?

Gotta say though, the thought that if ever even consider becoming a kid on this dead ass site made me giggle a bit :P

@Ninetails82 posted...

Yup. Totally hasn't been moddable since forever.

Christ dude, for someone who thinks they're standing up for those that are unfairly modded, you sure seem to have a tenuous grasp on what's actually moddable...

Then again I'm not really surprised, this board even existing speaks volumes about your intelligence tbh.

User Info: OlorinTheOtaku

OlorinTheOtaku
3 months ago#8
The only way we would be able to fix the site is by getting that part in the ToU that says that mods can delete anything, at any time, for any reason, omitted from the ToU.

As long as that's in there, they're allowed to delete and censor whatever they want.
Just because something is fictional, doesn't mean its not real.

User Info: N64Pro

N64Pro
3 months ago#9
Lord_Wombat posted...
@N64Pro posted...
Lord_Wombat posted...
Ninetails82 posted...

Who in the blue hell are you, and why should I give the slightest of s***s about your asinine assumptions?

Gotta say though, the thought that if ever even consider becoming a kid on this dead ass site made me giggle a bit :P

@Ninetails82 posted...

Yup. Totally hasn't been moddable since forever.

Christ dude, for someone who thinks they're standing up for those that are unfairly modded, you sure seem to have a tenuous grasp on what's actually moddable...

Then again I'm not really surprised, this board even existing speaks volumes about your intelligence tbh.

Awwwww...look how triggered the little fella is over getting his bs called out!
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/community/AUTOMOD/boards
I wonder if this is still a thing...wouldn't be surprised.

User Info: JohnSpawn

JohnSpawn
3 months ago#10
I mean, if he is, he's not as half as you were when people were calling you an alt (which you are)...
  1. Boards
  2. Better Than Hellhole!
  3. "About the word "trap"
  • Topic Archived