• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. LEGO Jurassic World
  3. Why is the 3DS version so different?

User Info: OJwithpulp

OJwithpulp
6 years ago#1
I bought this game on the 3DS eShop and recently played through every level from each movie. Then I saw l gameplay videos from the PS4 version and it is very different and makes the 3DS version looked dumb down. Is there no free roam in the 3DS version? If so, why not??

User Info: EricDent1

EricDent1
6 years ago#2
Probably cause it's a cartridge.

There's some Dino pens you can explore that are not in the PS3 game.
Toho's Godzilla Will Live Forever!

User Info: SILKA

SILKA
6 years ago#3
Because the Console games are on a CD, they got more space than a cartridge.
"When we die we go bye bye."
-Abe Lincolns

User Info: MasterAdeptAlex

MasterAdeptAlex
6 years ago#4
If I remember correctly, Lego Lord of the Rings for the 3DS didn't have free roam like the console versions. I never played the 3DS version so I'm not entirely sure. I'm just going from what I heard.
"There is good in this world, Mr.Frodo.....and it's all worth fighting for." Samwise Gamgee in Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

User Info: Z_hunter91

Z_hunter91
6 years ago#5
They dumb down and alter most if not all Lego games for the PSP and Nintendo handhelds.
Pokemon ORAS: 1418-7097-6280 (Simon).
PM for a trade: http://tinyurl.com/Z-Trades

User Info: xirtamehtsitahw

xirtamehtsitahw
6 years ago#6
The handheld versions of pretty much all LEGO games (post LEGO Batman--the PSP version of LEGO Batman 1 was a nearly perfect replica of the PC and console versions) have been made into simplified versions of the PC and console versions. The main reason for this is that more recent LEGO games have been made with such a vast, open-world approach, that such would be impossible to achieve on even the current-generation handhelds (3DS/Vita).

However, for the most part, the portable LEGO games have still been a blast. And, while "LEGO Jurassic World Portable" is a smaller, toned-down version of the PC and console versions, it still has 36 individual levels, plus mini-hub levels which are themselves sort of "built" in stages as you progress through each movie's story.
The answer to the meaning of life is...42.

User Info: AntiSocial

AntiSocial
6 years ago#7
The handheld versions are never as good as the console versions. I learned that with Lego Batman 2 on PS Vita not letting you drive the Batmobile like in console versions.

I guess there are mainly two reasons for it:
1) The handheld hardware cannot touch current gen consoles (but that's not a real excuse because PS Vita and 3DS Lego games were missing features that even the old Wii versions had).

2) Maybe they just strip the games down because handheld games are meant to be played in short bursts compared to console games.

xirtamehtsitahw
The main reason for this is that more recent LEGO games have been made with such a vast, open-world approach, that such would be impossible to achieve on even the current-generation handhelds (3DS/Vita).

I think they could do it, if they felt like putting in the effort. PS Vita could probably handle it. I mean, it has some pretty impressive looking games on it and let's be honest, these Lego games even on the consoles aren't huge AAA games with mega budgets. But they sell well enough that maybe they should put more effort into the handheld versions. In 2013 the 3DS even had an open-world Lego game. It was pretty decent outside of some of the load times when traveling through the city.
I'm sick of immortality.
  1. Boards
  2. LEGO Jurassic World
  3. Why is the 3DS version so different?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A