• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. LEGO Marvel's Avengers
  3. way better than 3ds Marvel Superheroes?

User Info: deathrotter

deathrotter
5 years ago#1
From searching it appears to be, but I'd like 1st hand experience. My gut says to just buy it. On eshop right now it has 42 reviews, all 5 stars. But one amazon reviews says there is a lot of freezing.
AKA LanceDog

User Info: Flububakiss

Flububakiss
5 years ago#2
I only had the game freeze on me once during a really busy cut scene. Other than that no issues. The world is open to explore once you complete story mode and a few moments during the story, but you're better off plowing through the story for characters. I highly recommend it if you're interested.
Currently playing: Final Fantasy Explorers, Super Smash Bros. and Mario and Luigi Paper Jam

User Info: Exeter02

Exeter02
5 years ago#3
deathrotter posted...
From searching it appears to be, but I'd like 1st hand experience. My gut says to just buy it. On eshop right now it has 42 reviews, all 5 stars. But one amazon reviews says there is a lot of freezing.

The game is worth it! If you are a Lego and a marvel fan, they nailed this one! The past Lego games on handheld seemed watered down and short lived, where this has 2 open world maps (Manhattan and Shield Helicarrier).

The map opens up after the first two levels are complete (and at anytime you can quit the story and resume free roam mode) I chose to play in segments, a mission here or there and then spent several hours free roaming looking for all the various collectibles.

I only experienced two crashes in the game but would like to note that it was both after I completed the game, only when I went back to replay two missions with characters not originally intended, the mission would glitch or freeze, but it hasn't hindered the experience (and it frequently auto saves, so if it DOES happen, your progress as far as collectibles are saved)

I've sunk 15 hours into the handheld version for 3ds, it was a completely worthwhile experience and am pleased to call it part of my collection! I hope this helps!
I'm THAT guy who strongly dislikes FFVII.

deathrotter
5 years ago#4
I went and bought it this morning. It's great! Only thing I hate right now is flight control. But I'm not that far.
AKA LanceDog

User Info: EricDent1

EricDent1
5 years ago#5
Even I had problems flying in this game.

This is a lot better than the original Marvel Superheroes game by quite a lot IMO.
Toho's Godzilla Will Live Forever!
3DS FC: 3668-7961-6586 TSV: 0055

Exeter02
5 years ago#6
EricDent1 posted...
Even I had problems flying in this game.

This is a lot better than the original Marvel Superheroes game by quite a lot IMO.

Very true, it does take some time to get used to, but after a while, you'll get the hang of it in no time.

Also, no sure if you know, but all flying characters can boost for faster flight. Double tap the a button and you'll go way faster, it's handy for some of the race challenges. Quicksilver was the best for ground challenges.

EricDent1
5 years ago#7
Yes I knew about boosting, going fast wasn't the problem.
Seeing where to go was the issue on some of the air races.

I got all of them done eventually, some I had to do at least 5-6 times to get it done.
I found that Stan Lee seemed easier to control than say Iron Man or Thor.
Yes Stan Lee flies in this version (he also throws pencils as projectiles).

Not quite as fun as the console version where he can either "Hulk-out", go into an "Iron Stan" armor or get a giant "Iron Stan-buster".

Exeter02
5 years ago#8
EricDent1 posted...
Yes I knew about boosting, going fast wasn't the problem.
Seeing where to go was the issue on some of the air races.

I got all of them done eventually, some I had to do at least 5-6 times to get it done.
I found that Stan Lee seemed easier to control than say Iron Man or Thor.
Yes Stan Lee flies in this version (he also throws pencils as projectiles).

Not quite as fun as the console version where he can either "Hulk-out", go into an "Iron Stan" armor or get a giant "Iron Stan-buster".

Yeah, for some reason I felt like Stan Lee went slightly faster than everyone else, and I'm perfectly ok with that! Lol. I'm looking for the last of the spring boards and those stupid ones your suppose to build, but I had a awesome time playing this game, even for the handheld version that it is.

I agree, nothing will stand up to the console versions that are vastly superior, but aside from that, I was very pleased with what seems like a rather large experience on a 3ds. I'm glad Lego got it right this time with the open world hubs and upgraded experience overall.

I wish I could get the Hulkbuster in this one, but I only need 6 more characters to unlock total and I don't see him coming up in the 3ds version :(

EricDent1
5 years ago#9
Possibly the last springboard you need to build/use is in the Iron Fist side mission.

deathrotter
5 years ago#10
I'm almost done with the game, just getting all the collectibles and whatnot to get 100%. Definitely no regrets getting it. It did freeze once (don't remember when anymore) and there was one weird glitch (my video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwQp502L2bM). If flying was easily and there was a whole Manhattan instead of just half, I'd really love it. I'd give it an 8/10 stars for me.
AKA LanceDog
  1. Boards
  2. LEGO Marvel's Avengers
  3. way better than 3ds Marvel Superheroes?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A