• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. BADLAND: Game of the Year Edition
  3. Badland on consoles? Finally!

User Info: dinoheli

dinoheli
6 years ago#1
My first contact with Badland was some weeks ago, when it made its debut on windows phone.
I liked the look and the gameplay.
But it had no Xbox status, meaning no Xbox leaderboards and achievements, so I just played the demo and left it that way, perhaps checking back later if it got an Xbox upgrade in the meantime.

And then I browsed the Xbox One store last saturday and found out the game got a Game of the Year Edition with 4 times as many levels as the original mobile version, including local 4 player co-op, improved thumb pad and analog trigger support and a bunch of special PvP-levels. And it was an sale for a special release price (-20%).
So I gave it a shot.

And I love it!
Yes, it's still very simple, and it can't deny its mobile origin.
But dashing through the vibrant world in HD on the big TV screen and being able to do so in co-op mode is just so much more fun.

And who says that simple gameplay-concepts can't entertain on a big screen?
I read so many mediocre reviews complaining about Badland being out of place on a console.
But, honestly, I don't play Badland when I'm searching for a feature-length adventure or when I'm in the mood for some RPG-action, racing or shooting.
I'm playing Badland when I want to play a short round until my pizza's ready or when I'm waiting for the newest 4GB-patch to be installed. And still sometimes I even catch myself playing for more than an hour.

So I would say it passes with flying colors. Literally.
  1. Boards
  2. BADLAND: Game of the Year Edition
  3. Badland on consoles? Finally!
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A