• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands: The Handsome Collection
  3. Got this for free on playstation plus earlier. Quick question.

User Info: GodOfDerp

GodOfDerp
2 months ago#1
I don't have access to borderlands 1 in any form at the moment. Should I be fine just jumping in with 2 right away?

And what about the pre sequel that came with the collection?
Anyone who defends microctransactions in a 60$, game needs a hard punch to the face. Keep that stuff to free to play games.
Signed: An activision and EA hater.

User Info: AsIfByMagic

AsIfByMagic
2 months ago#2
Yeah, there's not much story in 1 so the only thing you're really missing out on (aside from a cool game) is getting to know the returning characters.

The Pre Sequel is mostly set before 2, but it's supposed to be played after.

User Info: Atzenkiller

Atzenkiller
2 months ago#3
You're really not missing anything by not playing the first game. I've started playing it a while ago and it's such a drag. Everything good about the series started in the sequel. The first game is incredibly boring in comparison. From what I remember it was pretty boring even when I first played it, some time before BL2 came out. And there's not really any story to speak. Marcus recaps it in the intro: vault hunters searched for a vault, opened it, destroyed the big bad vault monster, the end. I hope that didn't spoiler too much.

Play the Pre Sequel after 2.

User Info: celesheim

celesheim
2 months ago#4
Yeah, there's not much to miss in the first game. Most of the game is just going from place to place doing missions and occasionally getting a piece of the vault key.

The world being mostly desert and brown coloured areas didn't help either because it got dull after a while. it had fun gameplay but it is lacking compared to 2.
Randomly floating around the universe

User Info: Zeym

Zeym
2 months ago#5
While I could just parrot everything mentioned previously, I will say that Borderlands 1 is worth picking up at some point if only because of the great General Knoxx and Robot Revolution dlc adventures. Getting to level 34 could be a bit of a slog depending, but the dlc is worth it in my opinion.
3DS FC: 5129-0808-1749 IGN: Zeym / PSN: Zero_Penance

User Info: ViolentJericho

ViolentJericho
2 months ago#6
I didn't like the first Borderlands (only played a few hours) but I've got almost four days of playtime in Borderlands 2 since it became free on PS+. Fantastic game. Haven't even finished all the DLC yet or touched The Pre-Sequel yet.The story seems self-contained, maybe there are some callbacks to the first game, not sure, but you'll never be lost as to what's going on.
They need to do way instain mother!
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands: The Handsome Collection
  3. Got this for free on playstation plus earlier. Quick question.
  • Post New Message