• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands: The Handsome Collection
  3. is getting boosted on ps4 grounds to getting banned from psn?

User Info: Flamechamp2333

Flamechamp2333
1 month ago#1
I don't care if my char is banned by gearbox, but I do NOT want to get banned from sony for getting a character boosted. Someone on reddit offered to boost my character and others but I backed out since I'm not sure if I should risk it or not.

He said he is playing on ps3 and doesn't have the dlc but I never got his invite he supposedly sent, but I may have backed out anyways.

User Info: Flamechamp2333

Flamechamp2333
1 month ago#2
PSA: what does boosted even mean? Like powerleveling someone to max by some glitch?

User Info: dueric

dueric
1 month ago#3
Highly unlikely that you’ll get banned.

For one thing, getting power leveled isn’t against the rules for either the game or PSN.

And two, even when BL was big and full of actual cheaters, Gearbox didn’t care.
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member

User Info: Atzenkiller

Atzenkiller
1 month ago#4
From what I understand boosting just means that some high level guys create a game and lets a low level player join. And since on UVHM all enemies scale to the highest level player he can just take on the enemies by himself and you can leech large amounts of exp off of him. It's not an exploit so there's no reason why you would get banned for it.

Also what dueric said.

User Info: DelDante

DelDante
1 month ago#5
At the end of the day it's not a competitive game (i.e. Call of Duty, FIFA etc..) so any exploits are only affecting your single player experience.
[R][A][V][E][N][S]
https://card.psnprofiles.com/1/MrDelDante.png

User Info: AsIfByMagic

AsIfByMagic
1 month ago#6
They don't ban people for editing their saves (and they absolutely shouldn't), so why would they can people for doing something legit but lame?

User Info: Thermador446

Thermador446
1 month ago#7
PSN has gaming communities for the sole purpose of boosting
"While you were wasting your time castrating a priceless antique, I was systematically feeding babies to hungry mutated puppies!" -The Monarch

User Info: Atzenkiller

Atzenkiller
1 month ago#8
AsIfByMagic posted...
They don't ban people for editing their saves (and they absolutely shouldn't), so why would they can people for doing something legit but lame?

Weren't people able to mess up your game, adding some bugged quests to it through hacked saves? Yeah, I'd say those people definitely deserved a ban. But obviously anything you do offline that doesn't affect anyone shouldn't matter. The reason why devs put all kinds of measures into their games to prevent cheating is not only so you don't mess with people online, it's in big part so you don't ruin the fun for yourself as well. But those who wanna do that will always find a way anyway. And I've certainly used codes a lot during the PS2 era, but mostly only to avoid wasting time on stuff like leveling to 99 in rpgs or getting infinite money. Basically to avoid any mindless grinding.

User Info: AsIfByMagic

AsIfByMagic
1 month ago#9
And they still haven't fixed that quest in the new release; if you go into matchmaking every other game will have Keep Your Insides Inside as the current quest. After this long, it's kinda on the devs.

People should be given freedom to decide what's fun for themselves though. The idea of killing the same boss over and over for hours to try to get the drop you want is fun to some people, but for others that's a total drag and they want to do quests and stuff. The fact that you can opt out of gear farming in BL2 and get on with enjoying the parts of the game you love is rad, and it's a bit of a shame that we'll lose that with 3. (I'm generally massively in favour of games being customisable by the player anyway, and I think it sucks that so many devs have the "this is how I want you to play, do that or get lost" mindset)
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands: The Handsome Collection
  3. is getting boosted on ps4 grounds to getting banned from psn?
  • Topic Archived